P&Ns middle name is and

Page 299 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
gy7zkaJ.jpg

I find it interesting that the argument isn't that the quote is actually a false statement, but merely that W Churchill didn't state it personally. But I shouldn't complain too much, because it was exactly those sorts of low-level arguments that pushed enough voters to give Trump the win.

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Empty seats at Pennsylvania rally give the lie to Trump’s claim of ‘record breaking’ crowd

Protesters were forcibly removed from the event, so obviously there will be empty seats. But if you want to laugh about small crowds, you can always look at the crowd for Hillary's inauguration:

wI0VAmm.jpg

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
gy7zkaJ.jpg

I find it interesting that the argument isn't that the quote is actually a false statement, but merely that W Churchill didn't state it personally. But I shouldn't complain too much, because it was exactly those sorts of low-level arguments that pushed enough voters to give Trump the win.

Breaking my own rule for a sec, Why does the right use this picture of this confident looking young lady as if portrays some class of people they despise. Why does she scare them so much. BTW its a rhetorical question please don't respond.

Reactions: Victorian Gray

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
gy7zkaJ.jpg

Attributing the quote to Churchill is the only thing that lends it authority. If we attribute it to Joe the Plumber it loses the sense of gravitas that Righties crave so desperately.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
gy7zkaJ.jpg

Is this where we pretend that racism ended with slavery abolition? We got an attorney general who as a prosecutor abused his office to target people who registered African Americans to vote.

Thebobo

Lifer
Jun 19, 2006
Neo Nazis at Trump Rally Yesterday, the big guys gots him a Nazi girl, how cute.

And look at all the empty seats, that was a lot of protestors that were thrown out. :rolleyes:

C-nY3tyWsAAB_-5.jpg:large

Chiropteran

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2003
Look at how much better Trump is doing!!

d8yl1Br.jpg

I'm not sure why you think this is funny. Jobless rate is something you want LOW. 4.5% is significantly better than 9%.

It is a pretty weak metric though, would be nice to see the rate month by month for all the presidents, but given the data shown, Trump is no joke.

Matthiasa

Diamond Member
May 4, 2009
I'm not sure why you think this is funny. Jobless rate is something you want LOW. 4.5% is significantly better than 9%.

It is a pretty weak metric though, would be nice to see the rate month by month for all the presidents, but given the data shown, Trump is no joke.
Wait you actually think the first 100 days has that large of effect? What that actually shows is democrats starting out with a less than stellar economy and it improving by the time the next president takes office.
(if the numbers are accurate since I didn't actually check)

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
Indeed. Fox News is basically insinuating that Trump halved unemployment in his first 100 days. The real reason for the numbers being what they are is that unemployment was worse when both of the Dem presidents came into office but had improved considerably by the time they had left. On the other hand Dubya got a great economy and employment numbers, but saw it take a nose dive by the time he departed.