P&Ns middle name is and

Page 691 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
M7lNNAK.jpg
That's fake, right?

Reactions: mikeymikec

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Next Time cover.

DgNjjFbWkAEEN2K.jpg
Wow I saw this yesterday and thought this was a photoshop until I just googled it.

With a 3 year old right now, I could not imagine how these kids feel being ripped apart from their parents. Utterly ridiculous.

antihelten

Golden Member
Feb 2, 2012
Jesus Christ, I got a plausible news site hit on every one of those except for the water melon one.

Looks like the watermelon one is somewhat accurate as well (source)

The shirt says XDYE, and this is from wikipedia:

Pull&Bear is a Spanish clothing and accessories retailer based in Narón, Galicia. It was founded in 1986 as New Wear, S.A. and it was officially launched as Pull & Bear in 1991. It is now a part of Inditex, owner of Zara and Oysho brands.

Pull&Bear introduced the "XDYE" line in 1998

Reactions: KMFJD

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...as-not-separated-from-her-mother-father-says/

So, once again Donald will be able to cry "FAKE NEWS!" and he wont be lying.

Good job liberal fucking media.

Except yes he would be lying: It's not a "stopped clock is right twice a day" situation. The more reputable big-name media sources don't habitually lie; if they make a mistake then they issue a retraction or clarification. Donald on the other hand labels them all as liars which is untrue and is purely self-serving. On the other hand, Donald intentionally lies most of the time, admits no mistakes, and it would be wholly appropriate to label him the Fake News President. However, it would be dishonest of anyone to automatically label every single thing he says as a lie without examining its veracity first (regardless of how many of those automatic assertions turned out to be accurate), which is of course what he has basically done to them.

Lying implies intent, whether one is intentionally misrepresenting facts (or making intentionally incorrect assertions), or the intent could be wilful ignorance of the facts (e.g. making up an assertion / asserting one's belief without checking its veracity).

Last edited:

Sonikku

Lifer
Jun 23, 2005
What in the actual F....

DgUFrjGX4AES3_P.jpg
Ordinarily I would make a joke at this point of us needing a coin to commemorate our beloved President heroically stepping in and stopping children from being taken away from their parents by force as a result of botched and boneheaded policy making by some dumb blonde idiot in Washington. Sadly, in this day and age, that probably has a real chance of happening. :(