P&Ns middle name is and

Page 392 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Omar F1

Sep 29, 2009
mine_is_bigger_than_yours__victor_ndula.jpeg
Somebody have to remind that fat dwarf about Japan's WWII history.
Edit: maybe China could help here

Funny thing is, while the world could only watch these days, as an Arab I couldn't help but remember how Iraq was invaded over a blatant lies of WMD. Hello Colin Powell :innocent:

Reactions: Thebobo

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Sorry, Have no idea what I'm missing about the use of the word sable here.

it's a rather derogatory stereotype of Engrish where's r's = l's. "sabre" = "sable" in Engrish (though, I think this is the reverse direction and is typically considered..."inaccurate" for the stereotype). You've never heard of "flied lice?"

Nov 25, 2013
it's a rather derogatory stereotype of Engrish where's r's = l's. "sabre" = "sable" in Engrish (though, I think this is the reverse direction and is typically considered..."inaccurate" for the stereotype). You've never heard of "flied lice?"

Ok, I take you point but, in this case, I think you're wrong. I've often found misspellings and awkward phrasings on the site as an awful lot of the people who submit are from all over the world (often it's obvious that English is a 2nd language for a number of the cartoonists).

In the case of this particular cartoon, your explanation doesn't really make any sense. Why would a guy from Nairobi bother to make a stupid Anglo "joke" using Engrish like that? I think that it's just a misspelling.

https://www.cartoonmovement.com/p/140