P&N Picture Time

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
This reminds me of a Mulla Nasrudin story. When the Mulla was first married and his wife asked him when she wouldn't have to wear her veil, he told her, having seen her without it, that she could do as she liked provided she never took it off around him.

Oh... Lord... it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way... but I'll try.... Well, nah... No need! I already know what I know and what others think they know is only their illusion.

I don't have all that many pictures of me given I usually do the picture taking but I suppose I could do a self portrait but even there I'd have to use a mirror and I'd no doubt get all caught up with getting distracted by the sheer marvel of perfection.... IF only I could see into what sees as well.... ergo, the clown.():)

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Well I don't know but I think it's pretty interesting that LunarRay and myself seem to run the gambit on avatars. His is a picture of himself and mine is a picture of everybody else.
(... snip)

Mine is a reflection of what the camera saw while yours is a reflection of what the viewer sees... very similar process but one with profoundly different consequences. Mine is of no consequence while yours stirs up all manner of uncontrolled anger... Mine deals with the reality as I see it while yours deals with the reality as the observer sees it.... I wonder if either doesn't really reflect what the observer wants to see regardless of the truth of the view....

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
No, No and No.

Keep making up more BS. It is what you do best.

Do you think your picture would diminish the impact of your posts? Does your picture in some way alter the content of truth? IF truth is truth is it not irrelevant to the Ant what the Aardvark looks like?

runzwithsizorz

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2002
A phrase you taught me a long time ago Earl; As-salamu alaykum
Mz. Runz, and I wish you well.

cropped.JPG

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
Uncle and Moms are pointing at a bug on the ceiling, and I am mocking them.
;)

See how easy it is to be confused.... Here I thought you and Uncle and Moms were answering which direction best defeats the effect of QED on the body....

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
See how easy it is to be confused.... Here I thought you and Uncle and Moms were answering which direction best defeats the effect of QED on the body....

I thought they were pointing to the one truth that covers us all.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Kadarin :thumbsup:
I've never shot in a range before, around here, you drive a mile out of town and shoot.:)

Hello Mr Mz Runz, glad to meet you, great looking couple
I taught you As-salamu alaykum?
I learned it from reading about Islam, because of posts here in P&N
None of my old Muslim buddies ever spoke anything but English to me ;)
I remember someone here was having a hard time believing that I was not a Muslim.
I know I kind of stood alone here defending Islam, but something he had mentioned wasn't clicking with that.
I finally figured out that it was because I kept going to Google and copy n pasting السلام عليكم.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Thats not needed.

Thank you but do not worry or fear his words are valid or can harm me. He speaks from the pain of his true inner condition and as you can see, if this is as I claim, he should be the one to whom your kindness should be directed. As he judges the least among us, so shall he be judged by his own judgement, and I fear it is very harsh.

And as I have told you before in L & R and probably here too, nobody can be small who has a big heart. Keep exercizing that heart and you willl be a giant.

Its the random acts of kindness like you have expressed here that make life worth living. Thank you again.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Thank you but do not worry or fear his words are valid or can harm me. He speaks from the pain of his true inner condition and as you can see, if this is as I claim, he should be the one to whom your kindness should be directed. As he judges the least among us, so shall he be judged by his own judgement, and I fear it is very harsh.

And as I have told you before in L & R and probably here too, nobody can be small who has a big heart. Keep exercizing that heart and you willl be a giant.

Its the random acts of kindness like you have expressed here that make life worth living. Thank you again.

Oh the pain........... It's quite itonic that you feel you have room to talk about judging others.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Tell you what, if , ivwshane, eski, incorruptible (though I have him on ignore I'd unblock him just for this), Texashiker, spidey07, Thrashman and dmcow post their pics I'll grace you with my pic ;)

I must be spending too much time in P&N if I'm being mentioned by name. And with the company I'm being mentioned with, ouch, guess I need to tone it back some (seriously there's far worse posters than me that could have been mentioned there).

I personally have no issue posting a pic, I've done it before. In fact my avatar came from a picture I was in that someone altered in the fedora hat thread almost 3 years ago and my pic can still be found in that thread. Here's the post. http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=29969835&postcount=187

The picture is now 4 or 5 years old but the look is pretty much still the same. I even still own that shirt in fact.

Apr 27, 2012
I must be spending too much time in P&N if I'm being mentioned by name. And with the company I'm being mentioned with, ouch, guess I need to tone it back some (seriously there's far worse posters than me that could have been mentioned there).

I personally have no issue posting a pic, I've done it before. In fact my avatar came from a picture I was in that someone altered in the fedora hat thread almost 3 years ago and my pic can still be found in that thread. Here's the post. http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php?p=29969835&postcount=187

The picture is now 4 or 5 years old but the look is pretty much still the same. I even still own that shirt in fact.

Definitely. Your views and posts have been very radical and gets you grouped with some of the extremists on here like iwsahne/eski/spidey07

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
Definitely. Your views and posts have been very radical and gets you grouped with some of the extremists on here like iwsahne/eski/spidey07

You realize you are by and far the most extreme poster in P&N right? It's pretty much the consensus.

And technically my views are about center left. Which, sure, puts me to the left of most of Congress, but that's only because the right in Congress is so far right that even the Democrats are mostly just right of center.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
[Looking good :)
You call that drunk? When I still drank, the usual picture involved me past out slobbering on some poor friends couch[/QUOTE]

Oh man, the pics I could post of you Earl. Still miss you and see you soon ;)

LOL
I actually went through some of them and chuckled
Gonna be back up around the middle of the month, doc appointment.
Will be stopping by