Overwatch

Elcs

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2002
Gameplay trailer is a bit old.

Anyone else notice the Tau XV8 Crisis Suit at around the 3 minute mark?

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
WOW (pun) the gameplay trailer makes me feel so OLD. it's all moving way too fast for me.
i'm just 31 :(

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
Fingers crossed for an invite. I did get into Heroes of the Storm fairly early so it is possible at least lol.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Funny thing is, having watched most of the individual character play videos the character being played almost always seems like an OP beast played by a pro. Yet if you watch one where he is taking down a character you just watched, you have to wonder if it's just a real wide skill margin of those involved or are they just trying to hype the character being spotlighted in each clip.

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
It looks fun, but I do hope that it's going to be 'casuals-friendly'. If it's only good for hardcore FPSers with superhuman reflexes who want to win millions in eSports tournaments I'll definitely pass and just be content with Unreal Tournament (or just TF2, too).

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
could be interesting if it works:

Greetings, heroes!

We're in the process of working in some slight updates to Battle.net in preparation for the upcoming Overwatch beta test, and wanted to give you the heads up. This update will lay the foundation for us to test voice chat functionality within the Overwatch beta.

We're excited for players to give this feature a try during the Overwatch beta and look forward to your feedback. Further details on our voice chat plans for Battle.net will be released further down the road, but for now, please see the FAQ below.

Q: If I'm not in the Overwatch beta test, can I still test voice chat?
A: Battle.net voice chat will only be available for testing in the Overwatch beta. Players are welcome to sign up for the beta here.

Q: Will voice chat support other Blizzard games as well? If so, when?
A: With voice chat still in its early development and testing stages, it's too early to say which Blizzard games will be supported and when.

Q: How will voice chat work in the Overwatch beta test?
A: We'll have further details to share once the beta begins.

Q: Should I see some sort of change with my Battle.net desktop app?
A: No, this is just be an addition to the app's DLLs.

Ichigo

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2005
It looks fun, but I do hope that it's going to be 'casuals-friendly'. If it's only good for hardcore FPSers with superhuman reflexes who want to win millions in eSports tournaments I'll definitely pass and just be content with Unreal Tournament (or just TF2, too).

It's a Blizzard game post Activision it's the most casualized form of the genre while simultaneously being the greediest f2p model possible.

So don't worry.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Remembered to check my account about an hour ago, no game for me yet. :(

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
As far as I know there haven't been any invites/accounts flagged for beta yet. It's my understanding that they aren't being sent until the game itself is up and running and then they'll go out in waves. So probably not until later tonight.

Source

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
Ah, saw some screenshots posted earlier and thought they were new.

D DoUrden

Jul 19, 2012
As far as I know there haven't been any invites/accounts flagged for beta yet. It's my understanding that they aren't being sent until the game itself is up and running and then they'll go out in waves. So probably not until later tonight.

Source

Summit is streaming it right now.

Insomniator

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
Played for a few hours today, lots of fun. Still have no idea what is going on most of the time.

Averaged ~60 FPS with everything maxed (epic mode), game looks OK... I haven't played TF2 in a long time but it basically looks like a slightly better version of that. Maybe TF2 looks worse than I remember.

i2500k @ 4.3
GTX780
8GB
Windows 8.1

Jeshu4ever

Sep 21, 2013
I think the game is not for me... its kind of a slow version of team fortress 2, but I stillw atch it cuz of this:

Blizzard may not know how to do FPS games... but they do know how to do ladies 3D models^^

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
looks bad for the reason of:
1) weapon spread (too much)
2) too many 'splosions (and other visual clutter)

and i'm not too keen on the limited-scope classes; it seems you either get someone with decent movement, or someone that can actually hit stuff. i'd rather play quake / reflex where i can have all these things at the same time.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I assume that some people here have been watching Overwatch streams? One thing that I find amusing about them is that Blizzard gave keys out to various streamers of all sorts of games. As you'd expect, this has lead to quite the varying quality of play. Trump even titles his videos something like "Trump Plays Overwatch Badly". I'll watch these people commit the mortal sins of fast-paced FPS games by doing things like reloading while standing out (not taking cover) or staying in one spot for far too long -- especially without watching your rear. I see a ton of deaths from that last one. It's really a case of poor situational awareness, and it's really just something you get used to.

I haven't watched too many of my usual streamers play, but out of them all, Hafu seemed to play fairly well.

Signed up, fingers crossed for an invite.

I'm hoping getting the BlizzCon Virtual Ticket will include Overwatch access. :oops: