Overwatch

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
I have as well. I only have like 3 people on my friends list. Rarely is anyone ever playing when i go to play. No one has asked me to join them. I did play 1 game with someone from here by joining their game.

I don't usually ask people to join with them unless I've played with them a lot, but I have no qualms if someone asks to group up or just invites me. Although, I may deny it if I was already going to group with someone, or I'm currently in a game. I don't usually leave a game unless it has only just begun or something like that.

I think I had someone send me a friend request last night, and I assume that was from here? It's hard to know who it is since most people don't use the same name everywhere. :\

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Blizzard released the McCree and Widowmaker nerf patch today:

Please note that many of these changes will be rolled into a larger patch for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One at a later date.

• McCree
    • Peacekeeper - Alternate fire
      • Recovery time decreased from 0.75 seconds to 0.3 seconds
      • Bullet damage decreased from 70 to 45
Developer Comments: McCree was performing too well against all targets, making him feel like a must-pick in many situations. By reducing the damage of his alternate fire, McCree is now significantly weaker against tanks like Roadhog and Reinhardt, but still maintains his lethality against smaller targets like Tracer and Genji.

• WidowMaker
    • Widow’s Kiss - Alternate fire
      • Base damage decreased from 15 to 12
        • Note: Scoped shot damage multiplier remains unchanged
      • Headshot damage multiplier increased from 2x to 2.5x
      • Players must now wait for the unscoping animation to completely finish before scoping
    • Infra-Sight
      • Ultimate charge cost increased by 10%
*Developer Comments: In the right hands, Widowmaker can often feel unstoppable—even when just landing body shots instead of critical heads shots. The changes to her alternate fire weaken body shot damage while leaving her headshot damage unchanged. Additionally, we felt her Ultimate ability, Infra-Sight, was coming up a little too frequently, especially considering its impact on the game. *

• Bug Fixed
    • Improved stability of the High Bandwidth option in Custom Games
    • Fixed a bug that allowed Mercy to gain Ultimate charge whenever damage boosting an ally who was attacking a barrier or Ice Wall
    • Fixed a bug that allowed Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on a certain maps
    • Fixed an issue with collision on certain areas of Dorado not blocking line of sight

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
Good nerfs. McCree shouldn't be able to take out a tank one on one by spamming his gun and Widowmaker shouldn't be able to take out people with one body shot.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
i don't understand how people are doing so much damage in this game. i'm seeing soldier 76 just mowing down people left and right, meanwhile if i play as him, it takes me multiple reloads just to kill 1 person.

not sure how many times i got killed by D.Va (out of suit even!).

seems like everyone has double damage except me

zerocool84

Lifer
Nov 11, 2004
i don't understand how people are doing so much damage in this game. i'm seeing soldier 76 just mowing down people left and right, meanwhile if i play as him, it takes me multiple reloads just to kill 1 person.

Soldier 76 is pretty much the easiest to get kills with. His gun is basically just spray and then throw in your rockets when you have turn as they have pretty wide splash damage.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001

If I had to guess, your issue is most likely that you're holding down LMB to attack people. Someone may think, "Well, duh... how else am I going to shoot 'em!?" The problem is that Soldier has some pretty bad spray built in after about 5-6 shots. So, if you keep holding down LMB on a target at medium or greater range, you're going to miss... a lot. The secret is to lift up after about a second (that 5-6 shots) and then just click again. That will reset the recoil effect and allow your shots to be far more accurate for a minor lapse in firing. However, if you're close up, just keep firing. The spray doesn't really matter at that point.

As for D.Va, her Light Gun is actually not bad at all. She's just simply really squishy (150 HP) and has no abilities outside of her suit (except the suit-less Ultimate, Call Mech). The thing about D.Va's Light Gun is that it has no recoil just like Mercy's pistol. This means that anyone with some good aim can easily hit you. Hell, sometimes, I find it easier to kill people without my mech than with it... as long as they don't hit me. :p Also, keep in mind that mech-less D.Va, Mercy, and Widowmaker are very small targets, which can make them hard to hit.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
D. does more damage out of suit than in it. That pistol is beastly

On average, D.Va will do slightly more damage in the suit compared to outside (barring any stray crits from the Fusion Cannon's spray). The suit sprays 8 pellets per shot at 7 shots per second. Each pellet can do .5 to 3 damage, meaning on average, they will deal 1.75 damage (assuming there's no weight to any part of the damage range). Given 8 pellets, that's 14 damage. D.Va's Light Gun deals 14 damage with each shot at a rate of 6.66 shots per second.

Essentially, given (14 * 7) - (14 * 6.66) = 4.76, she should deal about 5 more damage per second in her suit. Although, if you factor in that she has to reload after about 3 seconds with a 1.5 second reload time, she really has an effective 4.44.. shots per second.

Although, speaking of D.Va, I was healing on Dorado (Defense) early this morning, and ugh... I had two D.Vas and a Genji on me the entire time. I think I was up to 10-12 deaths by the time the match ended. It was... definitely quite painful. It seems that most people have this "they're not attacking me, so I'll worry about another enemy" viewpoint. So, they'd just let the three of them annihilate me every time. I'm not sure what was more painful though... that or the Route 66 (Defense) game with two Bastions behind a Reinhardt shield, which I was also healing on. :\

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
not sure if i like this game for the teamwork reasons people stated. I need to find some people to play the game with. my username is evident so plz add me.

It'll be something like evident#2345. We need that number.

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
I think I had someone send me a friend request last night, and I assume that was from here? It's hard to know who it is since most people don't use the same name everywhere. :\

I sent a few out yesterday. Ruleslawyer?

Midwayman

Diamond Member
Jan 28, 2000
On average, D.Va will do slightly more damage in the suit compared to outside (barring any stray crits from the Fusion Cannon's spray). The suit sprays 8 pellets per shot at 7 shots per second. Each pellet can do .5 to 3 damage, meaning on average, they will deal 1.75 damage (assuming there's no weight to any part of the damage range). Given 8 pellets, that's 14 damage. D.Va's Light Gun deals 14 damage with each shot at a rate of 6.66 shots per second.

Essentially, given (14 * 7) - (14 * 6.66) = 4.76, she should deal about 5 more damage per second in her suit. Although, if you factor in that she has to reload after about 3 seconds with a 1.5 second reload time, she really has an effective 4.44.. shots per second.

You have it wrong. That's damage drop off, not a random number. I think under 15m (or was is 10m?) she does the full 3 per pellet. If you're close D.VA does more damage in her mech. At range the light gun is better.

Cappuccino

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2013
Game is soo shitty and boring right now. Nothing new same old stuff all over again. No new modes, no new maps, no new nothing -_-
I'm level 86 had my fair share I guess :D
My rant for today.

Cappuccino

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2013

maybe you have sucky aim? That is all I can think of :sneaky:

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Game is soo shitty and boring right now. Nothing new same old stuff all over again. No new modes, no new maps, no new nothing -_-
My rant for today.

The game has only been out for three weeks. D:

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
My rant for today.

Considering I'm barely breaking level 15, you're playing a shiz ton more and I can see why you're bored now.

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
My rant for today.

Wow. I thought I was playing a lot and I'm only level 18 or something. :eek::eek::eek:

MikeyLSU

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2005
Ah, okay... yeah, that was you! Accepted!

I've already seen over level 100 (the single star), and supposedly, there's a level 200 already.

yep, I played with a guy that was 204 (double star) three days ago. I'm sure he is a good bit higher by now.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Play with 6 party. I never play solo. 20% is 2gud2miss ():)

But... if you're playing with five other people, then where's the problem coming from here? Maybe you need to play with some people that intersperse fun games in between the "srs bsns" games.

Honestly... I just haven't been playing much. It's a little different than playing Hearthstone where I can just sort of chill out (watch TV, eat dinner, etc.) and play. I think I'm only level 40 or 50... something like that. Although, I was level 150-160 in closed beta, so that has to count for something. :p