Outlander and Camelot

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

MongGrel

Lifer
Dec 3, 2013
The wife lost interest? I'd have expected you to considering the fine male asses on the show for view.

P.S. Turns out Catriona Balfe was a Victoria's Secret model, speaks Irish Gaelic and French. Pretty impressive...

I was never interested in male asses, thought the wife would have been more interested myself, I was trying to find something she would like to watch together at the time.

Considering some of the things in GOT prior to the show, those in general aren't really a shocker these days in general.

They really aren't in general to begin with if you ever did the boot camp/gym thing in the past.

Last edited:

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
Holy shit, what a start -- as in first 5 minutes -- to the second season of Outlander!

I know, right. Great start so far. Although I'm a little confused about the timeline.
Claire said to Jamie that she was pregnant at the end of last season, and now beginning this season, she's also pregnant and still doesn't show? How long has it been since they left on the boat back in the past? Or is it possible that this is her second child?

Also, what a great scene that was when Frank learned that Claire is with child. Clearly his inner 'Black Jack' Randall came out there for about a second o_O

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
I know, right. Great start so far. Although I'm a little confused about the timeline.
Claire said to Jamie that she was pregnant at the end of last season, and now beginning this season, she's also pregnant and still doesn't show? How long has it been since they left on the boat back in the past? Or is it possible that this is her second child?
I know the answer to your question but only because I've read the IMDB forums -- oh no -- and people were talking about the book. Then I went to google it... Doubt you want it spoiled for you so I'll leave it at that.

Loved the first 40 minutes of the episode. It felt like watching Lost. I'm surprised they went that route to start from the end and go back to the beginning. The baby confession scene was pretty insane. He was fine with the other husband up to the impregnation point...

OutHouse

Lifer
Jun 5, 2000

Also, what a great scene that was when Frank learned that Claire is with child. Clearly his inner 'Black Jack' Randall came out there for about a second o_O

scottland to france on a sail ship will be about 4 hours depending on wind, tide and where in france they ported.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
scottland to france on a sail ship will be about 4 hours depending on wind, tide and where in france they ported.

Dang, that is fast. Show said they landed in La Havre. Map shows it being just around Caen in/by Normandy, west of Calais.

thesmokingman

Platinum Member
May 6, 2010
I was hooked on outlander till it went thru that long break midway thru, then moved onto other shows. I'm gonna have to go back and catch up.

bunnyfubbles

Lifer
Sep 3, 2001

that's what I'm wondering because when
she returns to her time, its clear they've returned to Scotland and that Jaimie was prepared to fight, so the whole trip to France can't be more than a couple months considering she isn't really showing (as it wasn't obvious to Frank). It also crossed my mind that maybe this is a second child (which would also make the 2 year gap more plausible, otherwise the first season made up most of that 2 years), but I think its more likely each episode is going to take place roughly a week apart, and so it would be plausible that she's not showing in that time frame.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001

I also didn't realize that it would be that fast to go from Scotland to France by sea, but that's not what I meant.

If you have watched 2x01
Claire came back to her own time in 1948, after the event in 1745(?) that was supposed to be the storyline of season 2 (her adventure in France, etc.) is concluded. And in 1948 she told Frank she's pregnant with Jamie's baby. If this is the same baby, then the whole season 2 storyline (in the 18th story) couldn't have played out more than a few weeks, as she still doesn't show. However, in 2x01 she told Frank that in the 18th century she was married to another man 'for two years'. So I was wondering where the disconnect was.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
I know the answer to your question but only because I've read the IMDB forums -- oh no -- and people were talking about the book. Then I went to google it... Doubt you want it spoiled for you so I'll leave it at that.

I appreciate that! I'll try to avoid discussion forums about this show then. Oh boy, dealing with book readers again *flashback to GoT trauma*.

Loved the first 40 minutes of the episode. It felt like watching Lost. I'm surprised they went that route to start from the end and go back to the beginning. The baby confession scene was pretty insane. He was fine with the other husband up to the impregnation point...

Yeah, that was some great TV there. Acted marvelously by him as well :thumbsup:

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
that's what I'm wondering because when
she returns to her time, its clear they've returned to Scotland and that Jaimie was prepared to fight, so the whole trip to France can't be more than a couple months considering she isn't really showing (as it wasn't obvious to Frank). It also crossed my mind that maybe this is a second child (which would also make the 2 year gap more plausible, otherwise the first season made up most of that 2 years), but I think its more likely each episode is going to take place roughly a week apart, and so it would be plausible that she's not showing in that time frame.

Yup. It's either the whole France adventure and sabotaging the war thing takes only a few weeks (but why did she say she's been married for two years? when did we lose this time, in the whole season 1?), or this is a second child, or at least a second pregnancy.