Our pal Putin. Whats up with him? Has he gone poison happy?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CanOWorms

Lifer
Jul 3, 2001
I doubt that he's poisoning people, but being set up. Several European governments are nervous about Russia, and they definitely have the propaganda resources wage such a battle. With the peasant mentality so prevalent in Europe, it's pretty easy to get people to think what the government wants them to think.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Originally posted by: Passions
When is Putin's term up?

Russia needs to elect a new president.

Doesn`t matter what his term is...its all for show anyways...he will still run Russia even out of office!!

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda
When is Putin's term up?

Doesn`t matter what his term is...its all for show anyways...he will still run Russia even out of office!!

He was president before he was in office. There are more than a few books published about post-cold war Russia that claim Boris Yeltzin to be little more than a Putin puppet.

Trianon

Golden Member
Jun 13, 2000
www.conkurent.com
Originally posted by: Whoozyerdaddy
When is Putin's term up?

He was president before he was in office. There are more than a few books published about post-cold war Russia that claim Boris Yeltzin to be little more than a Putin puppet.

Correction: Yeltsin was a puppet of BAB(Boris Abramovich Berezovsky), BAB thought he will be able to control Putin as well, but miscalculated.

P.S. Gaidar was released from the hospital today.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
Putin will leave when his term is up to head Gazprom and make insane money. He'll cut a protection deal with his successor like Yeltsin did.

blahblah99

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: techs
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/article2029288.ece
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-2481096,00.html
http://news.scotsman.com/uk.cfm?id=1780312006
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/article2029288.ece

Former Russian PM Gaidar poisoned, say his doctors
By Andrew Osborn in Moscow and Cahal Milmo

Strong evidence emerged yesterday that the former Russian prime minister, Yegor Gaidar, a leading liberal and Kremlin critic, may have been poisoned just a day after the former KGB spy Alexander Litvinenko died in London.

Mr Gaidar became seriously ill while on business in Dublin last week. The 50 year-old apparently fell ill with violent vomiting after consuming a fruit salad and a cup of tea at an academic conference and was taken to a Dublin hospital.

The Irish government said last night that it was investigating the incident amid calls for radiation tests to be carried out at the locations visited by the former premier. The life of Mr Gaidar, a prominent economist, was said to have hung by a thread for a while but he is now reported to be recovering in a hospital at an undisclosed location in Moscow. His daughter, Maria, said that her father had lost half his body weight but that his life was now out of danger. Though definitive confirmation was not expected until today, one of Mr Gaidar's aides said yesterday that doctors strongly suspected that he had been poisoned.

I guess Russias brief fling with Democracy and Freedom from paranoid dictators is over.
Hail Putin. Chalk this one up as almost 400 million people fallen out of freedom on Bushes watch.

Gotta use up all that polonium you know, it only lasts a few months before it's useless.

Pepsei

Lifer
Dec 14, 2001
hmmm i was looking up the cigarettes today.. and i think it contains polonium too.

halik

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: zinfamous
Wasn't there a guy running for president of some former Soviet satellite state last year that was poisoned too? He lived IIRC.

Note to self: Stay out of Russian politics.

Edit: Yushchenko from Ukraine

Yushenko or something like that. President of Ukraine, which is where Chechnya is located. Big surprise...

yeah, My GF is Latvian. not a Putin fan. I hear about this dirtbag on a regular basis. Seriously though, he's bringing the USSR back, and quick.

EDIT: edited b/c you posted your link while i responded. good work!

uhhhh unless something changed in the last couple of years, ukraine is nowhere near chechnya....

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
Putin doesn't need to use poison, he's a judo champ, and can simply choke out his opponents in the Octagon.

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: CanOWorms
With the peasant mentality so prevalent in Europe, it's pretty easy to get people to think what the government wants them to think.

Good point.

Jun 27, 2005
Originally posted by: Trianon
When is Putin's term up?

Correction: Yeltsin was a puppet of BAB(Boris Abramovich Berezovsky), BAB thought he will be able to control Putin as well, but miscalculated.

P.S. Gaidar was released from the hospital today.

That's right... I forgot about that guy. Been a while since I read Godfather of the Kremlin. ;)

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
Putin and Berezovsky are probably both guilty of a lot of crimes. Putin didn't need someone with more power than him around.

Theres no way Britian is going to get anywhere with their investigation. Not unless they give up Putins enemy Berezovsky. If they did, he'd be dead minutes after leaving the tarmac in Russia.