Our latest attempt at wood working (pic)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bunker

Lifer
Apr 23, 2001
Originally posted by: dnetmhz
Here are some updated pics of the workshop.

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4

Nice rig you made there for your mitre saw, I gotta build me one of those. It's a pain in the arse cutting 12 foot long sections of crown molding without support on the ends!

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: bunker

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4

Nice rig you made there for your mitre saw, I gotta build me one of those. It's a pain in the arse cutting 12 foot long sections of crown molding without support on the ends!

yes it comes in very handy when cutting long peices.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4

For our radial arm and table saw we use those extendable stands with a roller on top....they work awesome RIPPING 12 foot board through the table saw :)

Nice shop....I don't have room here for one (my dad is 30mins away), however I have all the metric and standard wrenches and sockets I could ever need (up in to the 30mm and 1.25" range and down to 3mm and almost a pinhead sized standard....most in both deep and regular, 6 and 12 point)...plus cable tools and all the drivers, allen keys, picks, chisels....I actually could use one of those Craftsman drawer units....

Not saying this about yours, but so far I have been over two peoples houses that have them with about 20 tools in them :)

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Very nice, especially for the price.

Something doesn't look quite right to me tho. I love the table top but I think I prefer the tapered leg look.

DnetMHZ

Diamond Member
Apr 10, 2001
Originally posted by: alkemyst

Pic1
Pic2
Pic3
Pic4

For our radial arm and table saw we use those extendable stands with a roller on top....they work awesome RIPPING 12 foot board through the table saw :)

Nice shop....I don't have room here for one (my dad is 30mins away), however I have all the metric and standard wrenches and sockets I could ever need (up in to the 30mm and 1.25" range and down to 3mm and almost a pinhead sized standard....most in both deep and regular, 6 and 12 point)...plus cable tools and all the drivers, allen keys, picks, chisels....I actually could use one of those Craftsman drawer units....

Not saying this about yours, but so far I have been over two peoples houses that have them with about 20 tools in them :)

This one is just about full :D

damiano

Platinum Member
May 29, 2002
look at what you can get for 30 bucks (for instance)
i am too lazy to search for exactly what you wanted

MaxDepth

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2001
Everybody's projects look great!

And just for you, dnetmhz, look at the money you saved! (uhm, $249 ???)

I always think someone creating their own furniture is the best. Whenever I build something on contract, usually (a/the) guy says, "yeah, I could have done that." And I tell them, yes you can. And you should have. But then they ask me to build them something else.

What I need is a digital camera to record my projects.

Thanks to all for sharing!

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: damiano
look at what you can get for 30 bucks (for instance) i am too lazy to search for exactly what you wanted

those stands are great, particularly for people with no legs.