Ouch, my tongue hurts and I can't eat anything. :-(

Jun 18, 2000
I turned 18 on Sunday. As a little Bday present to myself, I got my tongue pierced this morning.

I can't stop drooling and if I move it too much it hurt like a bitch.

Ouchie ouchie ouchie. How long does this last?:(

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Would it be considered proper to laugh at you?

:D

It's gotta hurt like a bitch, though, I can only imagine.

Viper GTS

toph99

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2000
give it a few days. what guage did you get it done at? larger the guage the better it will heal

Jun 18, 2000

<< Would it be considered proper to laugh at you? >>

That's rather insensitive. Perhaps I should laugh at the wisdom teeth feasco you seem to be involved in.:|

Edit: 14 guage

Jun 18, 2000

<< KB,

You a guy?

Look for what Chris Rock said about guys/girls that have their tongue pierced.:p
>>

Always the comedian, eh LoB?;) I'm a guy, BTW.

<< I'm probably going to get mine done after New Years! >>

Thanks, amish.:) Good luck with yours.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
The difference is that mine was required...

You volunteered for yours. I'm not laughing at the pain, I'm sure it's a motherfvcker. But it was your choice.

Viper GTS

narzy

Elite Member
Feb 26, 2000
sucks to be you :(

it will feel better after about a week :D eat icecream and pudding and stuff that should help.

Jun 18, 2000
narzy, good idea! I'm going to get me a bowl of strawberry ice cream.:D

Edit: Yea, amish, the piercer said the same thing. He also stressed the fact that only giving was off limits.;)

Jun 18, 2000
Update: Whoa, ice cream was a huge disaster.

I ended up nearly biting down on the barbell a couple of times. I gave up on my second mouthful.:eek:

Wedesdo

Platinum Member
Jun 5, 2000
oww... i can just imagine the pain...

that why I'll NEVER intentally harm my own body.

MustangSVT

Lifer
Oct 7, 2000
what will u punch a hole on next? lips? belly button?

does it heal up if u take the thing out? what made you to get it? are u happy with results?

Azraele

Elite Member
Nov 5, 2000
Umm. OWW. Good luck on eating, you might try some sort of slushie type drink, or maybe let the ice cream melt in your mouth, then swallow, but if you don't mind, answer me this: why pierce your tongue?

TheDennis

Oct 27, 2000
Man Locutus of Board stole my response :| But anyways man I always heard mouthwash does the trick. You are using that aren't ya.

Jun 18, 2000
Azraele said:

<< why pierce your tongue? >>

I picked my tongue simply because... because... honestly I don't know. I always thought it looked cool. Every 6-12 months I try to do something that changes my appearance. I just get sick of seeing the same person in the mirror all the time. I've highlighted my hair, pierced my upper ear (I took it out after about a year and a half), I completely bleeched my hair, and now I've pierced my tongue (I bet I'll take it out in a year or 2). I'm also growing my hair out. When it grows to a certain length, I'm going to dye all of it dark blue (navy blue for example) and then highlight it blonde.

MustangSVT said:

<< what will u punch a hole on next? lips? belly button?

does it heal up if u take the thing out? what made you to get it? are u happy with results?
>>

1) I probably won't get any more piercings. Right now, my tongue is all I've got and I doubt I'll get any others.
2) Yes it should heal over if I take it out, even if I wait up to a year.
3) I got it just for me. Not to impress others. Not to look &quot;cool.&quot; I wanted change, and this is what I chose.
4) I'm not happy with it yet, obviously. Its still a bit tender and its very difficult to eat anything. This is the same response I've gotten from a few others that have piercings. I'll just have to be patient.

smartt said:

<< Do tounges get infected as much as ears do?? Ouch. >>

I hope not.:Q:Q:Q My brother's didn't. I hope I'm as fortunate as he was.

TheDennis said:

<< But anyways man I always heard mouthwash does the trick. You are using that aren't ya. >>

Oh, most definitely. I've got a bottle of dilluted Listerine right next to me now.

Jun 18, 2000
Another update:

I finally got some food into me. *phew* I made some tomatoe soup (it had noodles in it). I couldn't actually chew anything so I just spooned a big mouthful into mouth, leaned my head back, and swallowed. Sweet Jesus, that was an experience - a painful one.:eek:

For anybody wondering how much it hurts to have one of these. Yesterday, it felt like I was licking a 9volt battery all day long. Today, its not that bad, as long as I don't move my tongue around much.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
It could just be me, but the thought of putting listerine in an open wound just doesn't sound like much fun :eek:

Jun 18, 2000
The Listerine doesn't hurt in the least. That could be because I have it dilluted. About 2/3 water and only 1/3 Listerine.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Pansy! j/k :D

Be a man, do a shot of Southern Comfort Black Label. That'll get rid of bacteria and pain :p