Ouch, I am going to witness my 8 day old son

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

amoeba

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2003
oh one more thing. Circumcision was often done in middle ages to reduce the amount of self-gratification.

CT2TXtech

Banned
Apr 28, 2003
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
Originally posted by: brxndxn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
Why are you going to allow them to perform surgery on his healthy sex organ? It isn't defective. He can't give you permission.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmm. what's your stance on the whole abortion debate?

PWNED.

I'll let you in on a little secret: in order to "PWN" someone, you must find inconsistencies among someone's statements or behaviors. For instance, if I said that circumcision must be outlawed, but I find abortion to be just dandy, that would be inconsistent with my above statements. I don't feel that circumcision or abortion should be outlawed, it is not my place to dictate choices made by others, but that does mean that I can't have opinions regarding either behavior. Pro-choice is not the same as pro-abortion, no matter how many times anti-choice people try to link the two. It means that nobody has the right to make the decision whether or not to have an abortion besides the woman involved. Finding circumcision to be inappropriate behavior does not mean that I feel I have the right to chose how someone else parents their child. It's just an opinion.

PWNED

Ninjja

Golden Member
Sep 4, 2003
I mean, keeping your appendage clean whether circumcised or not is important. Soap is your friend. Other than that, I don't see much of a problem. How they function will be the same, and whether us girls are satisfied is not a function of whether you are cut or not, it's all how you work it, hehehe.

KLin

Lifer
Feb 29, 2000
Originally posted by: Eli
Of course we know.

The individual may not know, of course.. because they cannot experience both sensations. But it is common sense.

For one, you're removing nerve cells and specialized tissues. Less nerve endings = less sensation, no?

For two..... Ok, here's an example.

Soak your feet in warm water for a few hours, and take a pumice stone to them. Dry, repeat. This represents the uncircumsized penis.

Have someone tickle your foot with a feather. Remember the sensation.

Now..... go walk around on gravel for several hours. Ouch, eh? Continue this for a week or two.

After that time, your feet will have developed nice, thick callouses.. this represents the circumcized penis.

Now have someone tickle your feet again.

Are you saying a male with a circumcised penis doesn't feel a thing while having sexual intercourse? That analogy doesn't make sense to me. :confused:

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: edro13
Well I can tell you all First Hand that there is no difference in the feeling of sex with and without your foreskin.

I was uncircumsized up until yesterday when I read this thread. Now that I have had the procedure done, there is no difference.

There, case solved.

:D

hahahahaha

you were circumcised yesterday and you've already had sex??
rolleye.gif

if you are going to lie, at least try and make it believable.

besides, the argument regarding decrease in sensation would take YEARS, not days. a couple of months even i could give some credence to, but claiming that 1 day circumcised = 20+ years circumcised of callouses.

Saulbadguy

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2003
I've just skimmed over the thread..but has anyone said anything about this being a jewish tradition/ritual? I had my "briss" when I was a youngin. I'm not sure about why its done, but I know there is something religious about it.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000
Originally posted by: Saulbadguy
I've just skimmed over the thread..but has anyone said anything about this being a jewish tradition/ritual? I had my "briss" when I was a youngin. I'm not sure about why its done, but I know there is something religious about it.

the jews do it because it is a sign between the jewish people and their god.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Originally posted by: Saulbadguy

Jews do it in a ceremony b/c God commanded them to be circumcised back in the Old Testament as a sign that the Jews were His chosen people. Now in the days after Christ, circumcision is not required by God anymore b/c all people are God's chosen people now and Christ has payed for our sins. So there is no religious reason to be circumcised (just like animal sacrifices are not required anymore b/c Christ was the ultimate sacrifice). However you, as a Jew, still do it b/c Jew's as a whole do no believe that Jesus Christ was the actual Son of God and the Savior and are still waiting for the "real" Son of God to come to the earth for the first time.

QueHuong

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2001
A little off-topic for this thread, but what thread is better to ask about hacking off the weenie?

My childhood friend had some kind of problem with his genital, and I was told he had it cut off. Very curious as to what it looks like, I got him to show me (hey, we were kids). OMG...what I saw just scared the hell out of me. The whole shaft was gone - I don't remember if his scrotum was stilll there or not, but like I said, the whole shaft was gone. He peed out of the little hole on the surface of his skin. I don't keep in touch with him anymore so I can't ask him what the condition is called where you have to lop off the whole family jewel, and what that surgical procedure is called - does anyone know?

To be frank, once in a while I'm still questioning on whether or not if I imagined it, but I really think I saw what I just described.

I feel so bad for him, now that he's about 17, he's really going to feel so self concious about it because hormones are going through his body and he's going to want a girl; even a totally open-minded girl is going to freak when she sees him without a penis. God, poor guy :(