Ouch, I am going to witness my 8 day old son

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
The general consensus from girls I know is that they prefer it cut. It might just be because its the most common, therefore the "normal" looking one, or it may be for other reasons (like the ones Geekbabe won't speak of).

Whether or not sensation is that much better for uncut guys is debatable. And if it is radically different, I am kinda glad that I am cut because it would suck to be a 3 pump chump. Not just because I feel I have an obligation to please the woman involved but because I want it to last longer for myself! :D

Bottom line is, let the parents make their own decision. Uncut seems to be OK if you clean thoroughly. Cut is fine if done right, and it's proven to be relatively safe since so many do it.

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
hmm the skin down there is there since it serves a reason: to protect the penis head..

however since men now do not walk around naked anymore.. maybe its not necessary

I predict circumcision will be extinct in a century..

edit: in non moslem countries anyways..

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004
Originally posted by: Rogue
Originally posted by: Dissipate
I plan on my son following in a long tradition of military service in my family. I can say from experience that soldiers in the field don't have time for hygiene all the time and I've heard more than a couple instances where uncircumcized soldiers got infections, etc. from their duties that circumcized soldiers did not even have to bother with. Now, you can say that I'm making decisions for my child that may never come about, however, that's what parenting is. Carry on.

Lop off part of his penis and force him to join the military. Sounds like GREAT parenting.
rolleye.gif

Who said anything about "force" asswipe? No one forced me into the military. I joined voluntarily like all the men in my family before me. Just because you can't "cut it" (pun intended) doesn't mean that you're some omnipotent little pissant that has say so.

Whoa buddy, I'm not the enemy. The A-RABS are. That's right, attack the A-RABS, there you go. Good soldier.

I plan on my son following in a long tradition of military service in my family. I can say from experience that soldiers in the field don't have time for hygiene all the time and I've heard more than a couple instances where uncircumcized soldiers got infections, etc. from their duties that circumcized soldiers did not even have to bother with. Now, you can say that I'm making decisions for my child that may never come about, however, that's what parenting is. Carry on.

Lop off part of his penis and force him to join the military. Sounds like GREAT parenting.
rolleye.gif

Who said anything about "force" asswipe? No one forced me into the military. I joined voluntarily like all the men in my family before me. Just because you can't "cut it" (pun intended) doesn't mean that you're some omnipotent little pissant that has say so.

Whoa buddy, I'm not the enemy. The A-RABS are. That's right, attack the A-RABS, there you go. Good soldier.

Go away troll. Rogue has done more for this country then most on this board could dream of. Go whine about other trivial things and try to remember who gave, and still protects, your freedoms.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
I'm not cut, any son I have won't be cut until he's old enough to decide, and any woman I may date that has a problem with it like you two in the thread will find her ass kicked out to the curb.

Sealy

Platinum Member
Aug 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
I'm not cut, any son I have won't be cut until he's old enough to decide, and any woman I may date that has a problem with it like you two in the thread will find her ass kicked out to the curb.

I assume you're referring to me and geekbabe as the you two?

I never once said I had a problem with it...I just said I prefer circumsized. And that was completely based on experiences I have had with someone who was not circumsized, verses my husband who is.

If I was dating someone, and was really attracted to them, and their personality, and they happened to not be circumsized, It would'nt be an issue for me at all.

Chaotic42

Lifer
Jun 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Sealy

I never once said I had a problem with it...I just said I prefer circumsized. And that was completely based on experiences I have had with someone who was not circumsized, verses my husband who is.

If I was dating someone, and was really attracted to them, and their personality, and they happened to not be circumsized, It would'nt be an issue for me at all.
Then I appologize.

Sealy

Platinum Member
Aug 4, 2002
Originally posted by: Sealy

Then I appologize.

apology accepted :)

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
hey! while we're talking about penises, has anyone heard of skin bridges that form due to a poorly performed circumcision? that's the only explanation I've heard anyway. they don't really cause problems... they just look kind of strange. are they easily remedied?

to clarify, they're growths of skin connecting the head and shaft. they form little tunnels :D

Dissipate

Diamond Member
Jan 17, 2004
Originally posted by: Deslocke
hey! while we're talking about penises, has anyone heard of skin bridges that form due to a poorly performed circumcision? that's the only explanation I've heard anyway. they don't really cause problems... they just look kind of strange. are they easily remedied?

to clarify, they're growths of skin connecting the head and shaft. they form little tunnels :D

I dunno about that but I know that there have been accidents with circumcision which have led to the complete destruction of the infant's penis.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Of course we know.

The individual may not know, of course.. because they cannot experience both sensations. But it is common sense.

For one, you're removing nerve cells and specialized tissues. Less nerve endings = less sensation, no?

For two..... Ok, here's an example.

Soak your feet in warm water for a few hours, and take a pumice stone to them. Dry, repeat. This represents the uncircumsized penis.

Have someone tickle your foot with a feather. Remember the sensation.

Now..... go walk around on gravel for several hours. Ouch, eh? Continue this for a week or two.

After that time, your feet will have developed nice, thick callouses.. this represents the circumcized penis.

Now have someone tickle your feet again.

Allio

Golden Member
Jul 9, 2002
From what I've heard, the uncircumsized penis tends to scrape out the lubricant during sex far more than the uncircumsized penis. Get a mental image in your head and you'll see why. I'm not sure why females would like that... those natural juices are there for a reason, but whatever floats your boat.

I don't think anybody's mentioned the... er, self-gratification aspect of it either. Remember that you'll run up a fortune in hand lotion if you circumcize your son ;)

All natural, and incredibly grateful.

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
Delicacy prevents me from responding to this one fully,let's just say that from a female's perspective there are a couple of differences.
?
Still it doesn't make any sense...
Because they look exactly the same

You can have bigger/smaller preference but to have circumsized/not circumsized is just not logical...

z0mb13

Lifer
May 19, 2002
hmmm when the penis is erect, a cut penis and non cut one is just the same..

its only different when the penis is flaccid

Rilescat

Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: Mwilding
Originally posted by: CT2TXtech
circumcised. ouch, i heard they just cut him w/o any anesthesia. Seems so cruel.:Q

nothing like a little ritualized mutilation to start off a life... :|

Ya...no kidding. Why don't you just bind his feet or implant a large disk in his bottom lip too?

Rilescat

Jan 11, 2002
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
ok seriously...this whole debate again? "anteaters" look friggin retarded and i have a few friends who got laughed at for them...lol

on a more serious note, it looks retarded. i dont have much other ammo other than that, but it just doesnt look right. how would you feel if you were a girl? dont pretend like you are a pr0n star...they arent normal.

Uh, so given 99.9% of men are born with it makes it not normal?

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Allio
From what I've heard, the uncircumsized penis tends to scrape out the lubricant during sex far more than the uncircumsized penis. Get a mental image in your head and you'll see why. I'm not sure why females would like that... those natural juices are there for a reason, but whatever floats your boat.

I don't think anybody's mentioned the... er, self-gratification aspect of it either. Remember that you'll run up a fortune in hand lotion if you circumcize your son ;)

So THAT'S why American guys are always talking about hand lotion.

WinkOsmosis

Banned
Sep 18, 2002
Originally posted by: MrDudeMan
ok seriously...this whole debate again? "anteaters" look friggin retarded and i have a few friends who got laughed at for them...lol

on a more serious note, it looks retarded. i dont have much other ammo other than that, but it just doesnt look right. how would you feel if you were a girl? dont pretend like you are a pr0n star...they arent normal.

I can think of a few things to laugh at you for.. Like being a moron.

adlep

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2001
Delicacy prevents me from responding to this one fully,let's just say that from a female's perspective there are a couple of differences.
No there aren't any diffriences...
hmmm when the penis is erect, a cut penis and non cut one is just the same..

its only different when the penis is flaccid
But then...you dont care :D

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
Well I can tell you all First Hand that there is no difference in the feeling of sex with and without your foreskin.

I was uncircumsized up until yesterday when I read this thread. Now that I have had the procedure done, there is no difference.

There, case solved.

:D

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: brxndxn

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
Why are you going to allow them to perform surgery on his healthy sex organ? It isn't defective. He can't give you permission.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hmm. what's your stance on the whole abortion debate?

PWNED.

I'll let you in on a little secret: in order to "PWN" someone, you must find inconsistencies among someone's statements or behaviors. For instance, if I said that circumcision must be outlawed, but I find abortion to be just dandy, that would be inconsistent with my above statements. I don't feel that circumcision or abortion should be outlawed, it is not my place to dictate choices made by others, but that doesn't mean that I can't have opinions regarding either behavior. Pro-choice is not the same as pro-abortion, no matter how many times anti-choice people try to link the two. It means that nobody has the right to make the decision whether or not to have an abortion besides the woman involved. Finding circumcision to be inappropriate behavior does not mean that I feel I have the right to chose how someone else parents their child. It's just an opinion.

amoeba

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2003
Originally posted by: WinkOsmosis
Originally posted by: Allio

So THAT'S why American guys are always talking about hand lotion.

Yes I believe this is true. not cut here, never had need for lotion.

I don't think it makes a difference if you have a partner. But self-grat is definitely better uncut.