Ouch, I am going to witness my 8 day old son

Ynog

Golden Member
Oct 9, 2002
Better at 8 days when he'll never remember it, than later in his life when he would.

GasX

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Originally posted by: CT2TXtech
circumcised. ouch, i heard they just cut him w/o any anesthesia. Seems so cruel.:Q

nothing like a little ritualized mutilation to start off a life... :|

Lager

Diamond Member
May 19, 2003
Better then him getting it when he is 20 years old or something like that.

Jan 31, 2002
Originally posted by: Mwilding
circumcised. ouch, i heard they just cut him w/o any anesthesia. Seems so cruel.:Q

Agreed. Why any civilized culture still does this is beyond me.

- M4H

RbSX

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2002
I never could understand the motivations for some relgious things

amcdonald

Diamond Member
Feb 4, 2003
Originally posted by: MercenaryForHire

- M4H
Because anteaters are ugly.

TheToOTaLL

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2001
They have a lot less invasive method of circumcising, one of which they used on my son.

They have a plastic, ring-like device they push down over the foreskin, and it stays there until that skin dies and goes into the position it should "normally" be in, then falls off and is found in the diaper (usually a 10-14 day process). All with no "cutting" involved! Very easy to maintain until it comes off (no doctoring it like in the old days), and looks, well, like a circumcised you-know-what. :eek:

Not a very "family-oriented" discussion, but it is on topic..... :p

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Why are you going to allow them to perform surgery on his healthy sex organ? It isn't defective. He can't give you permission.

Kenazo

Lifer
Sep 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
Why are you going to allow them to perform surgery on his healthy sex organ? It isn't defective. He can't give you permission.

hmm. what's your stance on the whole abortion debate?

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: amcdonald

- M4H

If that's your only reason you should look into it. The health benefits are so slight its negligible. Plus, he's losing thousands of useful nerve endings;) If this isn't for religious reasons I'd think twice about it. Also, we are the only western country that does this on a mass scale. That means that Western Europe et. al. do not circumcise.

dxkj

Lifer
Feb 17, 2001
What percentage of American born males are circumcised shortly after birth?

MrDudeMan

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
ok seriously...this whole debate again? "anteaters" look friggin retarded and i have a few friends who got laughed at for them...lol

on a more serious note, it looks retarded. i dont have much other ammo other than that, but it just doesnt look right. how would you feel if you were a girl? dont pretend like you are a pr0n star...they arent normal.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: NutBucket
Originally posted by: amcdonald

- M4H

If that's your only reason you should look into it. The health benefits are so slight its negligible. Plus, he's losing thousands of useful nerve endings;)
So he won't end up being, as some women say, a 3 pump chump?

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
You can guess what choice I made for my son. My friend chose to circumcise her son. Her reason? "So he doesn't ask why he doesn't look like daddy." Er, a small child is not going to resemble daddy no matter what. They don't have large penises, they don't have hair down there. You can't avoid questions like that by circumcision. Children today aren't circumcised automatically like they were when we were children, so the whole locker room bullying aspect just doesn't hold up.

dpm

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2002
Also, we are the only western country that does this on a mass scale. That means that Western Europe et. al. do not circumcise.

True. Western Europe doesn't think america is dumb because of Bush & talk radio, but because you hack at your babies todgers :Q

NutBucket

Lifer
Aug 30, 2000
Originally posted by: dpm
Also, we are the only western country that does this on a mass scale. That means that Western Europe et. al. do not circumcise.

True. Western Europe doesn't think america is dumb because of Bush & talk radio, but because you hack at your babies todgers :Q

:Q But yeah, I agree. Its rather stupid IMHO.

Originally posted by: Red Dawn
So he won't end up being, as some women say, a 3 pump chump?

But considering the vast majority of American men are circumcised....you do the math Red;)

jacob0401

Platinum Member
Jul 31, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Smegma, need I say more?

Not a problem if proper hygiene is maintained... however for young children the problem is clean hygiene. At a young age when the foreskin is relatively tight it could prove difficult ensure proper hygiene.