One take of lip sync (lip dub) of Tonight by Black Eyed Peas

n yusef

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2005
I saw a clip of this on CNN a few days ago. I wasn't impressed, and my feelings haven't changed since.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
I miss living in Montreal :(

Anyway, the video isn't really that awesome. They probably just had the song playing via speakers or something and got 100 of their friends together and had them sing along. Cut out audio and replace with real song. Not that hard.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: BeauJangles

Anyway, the video isn't really that awesome. They probably just had the song playing via speakers or something and got 100 of their friends together and had them sing along. Cut out audio and replace with real song. Not that hard.

It's the coordination of it. Duh, they had the song playing. Wow!

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
Originally posted by: BeauJangles

It's the coordination of it. Duh, they had the song playing. Wow!

Meh, it's just not that impressive.

Edit: Plus, UQAM students are weird. And French.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
That was really, really good. I cannot imagine the amount of planning that it took.

timosyy

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2003
I'm impressed. Wish the lip-singing was more in-sync and the song wasn't so terrible, but ... effective commercial for their university if nothing else.

Mojoed

Diamond Member
Jul 20, 2004
I'm not a huge fan of that song, but that video was pretty awesome. Anyone saying otherwise is just a big grouch. (imo) ;)

gururu2

Oct 14, 2007
that was a beautiful video. its amazing to see so many young people having a great time while promoting such a deep sentiment. that song is the feel good song of the year imo.

blinblue

Jul 7, 2006
Wow, lots of hate. True the song sucks, but imagine the time it took to coordinate it. And it was reasonably clever too, didn't get boring or anything like that. Props to them. Just next time have a better song

gorcorps

aka Brandon
Jul 18, 2004
Originally posted by: blinblue
Wow, lots of hate. True the song sucks, but imagine the time it took to coordinate it. And it was reasonably clever too, didn't get boring or anything like that. Props to them. Just next time have a better song

So they had a guy running right behind the cameraman w/ a boombox playing the song?

scott916

Platinum Member
Mar 2, 2005
Hooooly shit that thick brunette at the beginning just made my night. Thumbs up, OP.

blinblue

Jul 7, 2006
Originally posted by: gorcorps
Originally posted by: blinblue

So they had a guy running right behind the cameraman w/ a boombox playing the song?

Well I'd imagine so, but still, you had to organize and coordinate maybe 100 people. While this isn't some earth-shattering achievement, I think it was a pretty cool idea that they executed fairly well

Apr 20, 2008
Easily one of the coolest videos on youtube.

Nice job all around. What planning it took for that. Man..