One take of lip sync (lip dub) of Tonight by Black Eyed Peas

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

chuckywang

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: iamwiz82
Originally posted by: chuckywang
I counted 3 cross-dressing dudes. That's 3 too many.

Your cross-dressing-male detection is impressive, I only saw two ;)

There was some dude wearing a polka dotted dress at the end.

Deeko

Lifer
Jun 16, 2000
I could NOT hate all the emo hipster dorks in that movie any more than I do - and I hate a lot of things.

I'm sure whatever film club for fake-sad emo kids they're in spent a lot of time and coordination on that - but that doesn't change the fact that I want to punch them in the face.

timosyy

Golden Member
Dec 19, 2003
Originally posted by: BeauJangles
Montreal might be North America's mecca of incredibly beautiful women. Jesus. Sometimes it's hard to just walk down the street there. French women especially. Something about all those cigarettes and all that wine that does wonders for the body.

Went to Montreal for Osheaga music festival and I concur with this statement.

lokiju

Lifer
May 29, 2003
Shit that song was horrible and those people have way to much damn time on their hands.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Hah, UQAM. Terrible campus, but great people. Montreal is a one-of-a-kind city.

cronos

Diamond Member
Nov 7, 2001
This reminds me of that Rihanna's Umbrella lip dub video made by those Malaysian (or were they from Singapore?) film students 2-3 years back. The idea is pretty much identical. The scale of the whole thing is a little smaller, but I think the video clip is much much nicer and tidier.

I searched just now but I couldn't find it on youtube. I remember though when I watched it it wasn't on youtube but instead on their university's website.

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
Originally posted by: gorcorps
Originally posted by: blinblue
Wow, lots of hate. True the song sucks, but imagine the time it took to coordinate it. And it was reasonably clever too, didn't get boring or anything like that. Props to them. Just next time have a better song

So they had a guy running right behind the cameraman w/ a boombox playing the song?

Let me know when you get something on Youtube that gets over a half million hits.

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
I miss living in Montreal :(

Anyway, the video isn't really that awesome. They probably just had the song playing via speakers or something and got 100 of their friends together and had them sing along. Cut out audio and replace with real song. Not that hard.

It's the coordination of it. Duh, they had the song playing. Wow!

Meh, it's just not that impressive.

Edit: Plus, UQAM students are weird. And French.

I could sense the Frenchness of them just watching the video. I had it on mute (actually, speakers are off :p), and got 15 seconds in before I had enough of the Frenchness. I feel weird inside too, I hope it's not the Frenchness Sickness.

krylon

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2001
At ATOT, it's cool to hate what you could never do yourself.

See above replies.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Originally posted by: zinfamous

Anyway, the video isn't really that awesome. They probably just had the song playing via speakers or something and got 100 of their friends together and had them sing along. Cut out audio and replace with real song. Not that hard.

half you people are idiots.

that was a really freaking complex shot. the logistics would be too complicated for you Doritos pooping computer dorks to figure out anyway.

so the song sucks, it wasn't perfect, but getting that one shot was fucking impressive.

Complex shot? Complicated logistics? Are you high? You grab a piece of paper and a pen and just write out the lyrics then throw random ideas at each lyric until they stick. Complex? You just walk a path with people set up in front of you. Is it creative? Sure it is, but is it complicated/"freaking complex"? No, it's not. I've seen numerous entries from high school kids come through the TV studio I used to run that were easily as good if not better. It's a neat video, but I can't say it's really jaw dropping. Though it does make me wish I still had the time/ability to get my hands on a nice camera and good editor to go to work. Fun stuff.

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001
Originally posted by: TheVrolok

that was a really freaking complex shot. the logistics would be too complicated for you Doritos pooping computer dorks to figure out anyway.

so the song sucks, it wasn't perfect, but getting that one shot was fucking impressive.

Complex shot? Complicated logistics? Are you high? You grab a piece of paper and a pen and just write out the lyrics then throw random ideas at each lyric until they stick. Complex? You just walk a path with people set up in front of you. Is it creative? Sure it is, but is it complicated/"freaking complex"? No, it's not. I've seen numerous entries from high school kids come through the TV studio I used to run that were easily as good if not better. It's a neat video, but I can't say it's really jaw dropping. Though it does make me wish I still had the time/ability to get my hands on a nice camera and good editor to go to work. Fun stuff.

I take it you have not had much experience coordinating 100 people to do things correctly. It's not that easy.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

I take it you have not had much experience coordinating 100 people to do things correctly. It's not that easy.

Assumption fail. Indeed I have, and I've done it for the camera. It's not the backbreaking work people make it out to be especially when it's for a project like this where there is a lot of enthusiasms and it's not technically challenging or requiring much precision. It all comes down to how much effort you put into set up. If you spend the appropriate amount of time doing all the work necessary prior to filming, things fall into place.

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
Originally posted by: gururu2
that was a beautiful video. its amazing to see so many young people having a great time while promoting such a deep sentiment. that song is the feel good song of the year imo.

they all got drunk and high and had unprotected sex afterwards.

ja1484

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2007
Originally posted by: blinblue
Wow, lots of hate. True the song sucks, but imagine the time it took to coordinate it. And it was reasonably clever too, didn't get boring or anything like that. Props to them. Just next time have a better song

Just because something took a lot of time or effort (or both) doesn't mean it's worth a shit or anyone cares.

This is a concept artists seem to have trouble wrapping their head around. A lot of incredibly low paying shitty jobs require a lot of time and effort.

I think you get this problem when parents encourage their children with "try your hardest" instead of "do something worthwhile, even if it's hard". The kids start to equate effort with worth, and can't escape that concept in young adulthood when trying to find careers.

Once again...

iamwiz82

Lifer
Jan 10, 2001

Assumption fail. Indeed I have, and I've done it for the camera. It's not the backbreaking work people make it out to be especially when it's for a project like this where there is a lot of enthusiasms and it's not technically challenging or requiring much precision. It all comes down to how much effort you put into set up. If you spend the appropriate amount of time doing all the work necessary prior to filming, things fall into place.

What experience do you have guiding 100 college age kids into something like this with no major mistakes? Taping your Aunt Milly make her famous Vienna Sausage and gravy with your handycam doesn't count.

Glitchny

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2002
not floored by it but it wasn't bad.

the most impressive thing is that it was all one shot, which I can see being very easy to screw up.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
What experience do you have guiding 100 college age kids into something like this with no major mistakes? Taping your Aunt Milly make her famous Vienna Sausage and gravy with your handycam doesn't count.

:roll: