One of the 4 Contractors Killed in Fallujah was from that show "Combat Missions"

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
That's sad, but let's not forget that these people were no longer soldiers, but rather mercenaries, so referring to them as 4 dead soldiers is a bit of a stretch (ie, they didn't die in the line of duty). I just read this about contracting in Iraq.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Man if they are providiing security there I would be scared sh!tless if I was a Contractor

Ogg

Diamond Member
Sep 5, 2003
Originally posted by: Skoorb
That's sad, but let's not forget that these people were no longer soldiers, but rather mercenaries, so referring to them as 4 dead soldiers is a bit of a stretch (ie, they didn't die in the line of duty). I just read this about contracting in Iraq.

mercenaries? I think not
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif
rolleye.gif

Wake up Skoorb they were bodyguards for a shipment of FOOD for the people of Fallujah. The world is providing them food and "some radicals" would rather kill those who are trying to "help"

edit: changed they to "some radicals"

jcovercash

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001

Don't look at it like that, I have 2 guys from the place I work at that went there. What they are doing I would not consider mercenary work. Its basically just guard duties and things like that from what they have emailed me and my co-workers. Although I fear the 4th might possible be one of them as I havent heard from either of them since then, and thats the people they are working for.:(.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Yeah, actually mercenary isn't really accurate, since they're not working for a foreign army.

jcovercash

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Yeah, actually mercenary isn't really accurate, since they're not working for a foreign army.

Ohhh BTW he is making aprox. 18K, yes $18,000 a MONTH

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Man if they are providiing security there I would be scared sh!tless if I was a Contractor
The guys providing security ARE the contractors. There seems to be some misconception that when CNN talks about contractors in Iraq, they're talking about plumbers and electricians. There are contractors driving trucks, fixing oil rigs, training police, and providing security. Honestly, the use of the word "contractor" is so vague as to be meaningless, and it's even a little misleading. Maybe nobody want to use the word "mercenary" because it seems to have a real negative connotation, but I think there may be a considerable gap between the public's perception of mercenaries, and what these guys actually doing.

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
NO WAY! scott helvenston was one of them? i loved watching combat missions. that guy was a highy decorated navy seal. and a little crazy, but still cool. its sad.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
My thoughts on that incident is that we go in there, grab some of the guys that were on that video tape. Take them out on the street and put a bullet into their skull, infront of the public. If that starts any type of riot, then we just mow the whole crowd down with machine gun fire.

KK

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: KK
My thoughts on that incident is that we go in there, grab some of the guys that were on that video tape. Take them out on the street and put a bullet into their skull, infront of the public. If that starts any type of riot, then we just mow the whole crowd down with machine gun fire.

KK
You mean we should do what Saddam would have done?

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: ThePresence

KK

It's what these peaceful muslims seem to understand. They feared Saddam, they need to fear us. :)

KK

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003

KK

It's what these peaceful muslims seem to understand. They feared Saddam, they need to fear us. :)

KK

That's brilliant.

KK

Lifer
Jan 2, 2001
Originally posted by: tnitsuj

KK

KK

That's brilliant.

Thanks, I know I'm brilliant. :D

KK

scauffiel

Aug 11, 2000
I would have 'daisy cutter''d the whole friggin joint once I saw them dancing around stomping on and tearing apart the bodies.

Screw those assclowns.

S.

DBL

Platinum Member
Mar 23, 2001
Originally posted by: AMDman12GHz

Ohhh BTW he is making aprox. 18K, yes $18,000 a MONTH

Certainly a nice chunk of change but I can't imagine how it's worth it, especially if you have a family which depends on you.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
That's too bad, he sounds like a real respectable guy. The cowardly way in which they were killed really burns me, though.

ThePresence

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: Triumph
That's too bad, he sounds like a real respectable guy. The cowardly way in which they were killed really burns me, though.
Terrible choice of words.

Rufio

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
Sad Sad news.

We invited Scott and his crew to some of our large airsoft operations. He and his crew had a wonderful time and were always interested in our sport.

He was a wonderful guy and kickass person.

Triumph

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

yeah, i guess so. oh well.

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003

The only good/merciful thing is that it sounds like they were all killed in the ambush by the insurgents. They were dead when the mob set on them.

scauffiel

Aug 11, 2000
No, they weren't all dead and if the uncensored video is ever released you'll see that there wasn't much 'mercy' or 'good' to be had for those guys.

Daisy cutter. Eff 'em.

S.

Platypus

Lifer
Apr 26, 2001
Hmm, they don't want us there, we shouldn't be there, and the death toll climbs steadily.. I sense a trend.

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
Originally posted by: CorporateRecreation
Hmm, they don't want us there, we shouldn't be there, and the death toll climbs steadily.. I sense a trend.

Thats precisely why we should send you over there to fix things. Because you have SOME sense there :D

Anyway...thats sad, I liked that show, even though the guy who was supposed to win lost because of stupid gun jamming. Which team was Scott on?