One of the 4 Contractors Killed in Fallujah was from that show "Combat Missions"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Buttzilla

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2000
Originally posted by: CorporateRecreation
Hmm, they don't want us there, we shouldn't be there, and the death toll climbs steadily.. I sense a trend.

word

Edit: we need oil....

Rufio

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
Originally posted by: maddogchen
Originally posted by: CorporateRecreation
Hmm, they don't want us there, we shouldn't be there, and the death toll climbs steadily.. I sense a trend.

Thats precisely why we should send you over there to fix things. Because you have SOME sense there :D

Anyway...thats sad, I liked that show, even though the guy who was supposed to win lost because of stupid gun jamming. Which team was Scott on?

Scott was on the Delta team.

SherEPunjab

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2002
Originally posted by: KK
My thoughts on that incident is that we go in there, grab some of the guys that were on that video tape. Take them out on the street and put a bullet into their skull, infront of the public. If that starts any type of riot, then we just mow the whole crowd down with machine gun fire.

KK

With that mentality, you should run for president of this country. There are enough idiots in the U.S. that you'd probably actually get elected.

I am not a sympathizer with these people, but realize that the solution isn't as simple as mowing people down with machine guns. If it were that easy, I'd be the first to advocate it. But its not.

There are over 1 Billion Muslims in this world, and what you do in Fallujah, as radical as that one place may be, will have effects throughout the Islamic world, whether they are "radical," or not. Personally, I think almost all of them are radical to a certain point, the only question really boils down to how radical are they. Its relative.

We have to earn the trust of these people, first and foremost. Mowing them down is not going to help. Then we have to engage in religion conversions, or, infiltrate their societies with truly moderate thinking peaceful religious leaders, or do both. The biggest culprits of Islamic terrorism are the Mullahs, why they are not more in the limelight I don't know. One Mullah can brainwash 1,000 Muslims. Mosques have direct ties with the Madrassas, and many openly preach hatred to the west.

Quite frankly KK, you are the type of person that had you been born a Muslim (particularly Sunni), you would be a terrorist. The same kind of hatred and fire that is in you is in these people. Add the fact that their uncle got killed last week from some U.S. soldiers, the fact that they have been raised to call non Muslims Kaffirs, infidels, not worthy of life, the fact that they are poor, the fact that they have been beheading goats as part of their religion, and the fact that they have been oppressed for many years under Hussein, and you can see why they can commit the crimes they do. As brutal and disgusting as it seems to us, we cannot forget the bigger picture. The bigger picture is not 4 dead Americans, no matter how great they were (and please don't use the "try telling that to their loved ones" line, i know its hard but they'll get over it.) The bigger picture is to prevent another 9/11, or worse. :disgust:

We can fight these people and threaten violence, but we all know that won't work. These are human beings, not crickets. We can't tame them, we can't create a strong enough bubble, wall, or border that will protect them from us if they are really ambitious about killing us. We better start working proactively with peaceful measures.

You want to blame someone for this? Blame our government. We should have killed Sadaam Hussein a long time ago, Bush Sr. should have taken him out. Iraq should have been resolved in the 1990's, not today. Some libs say its part of the military Industrial complex, that we purposely leave them in power for political reasons. Whatever it is, our actions are not right; our foreign policy is VERY DANGEROUS for us. I truly don't care for party affiliations, yeah I don't like Bush. But there were a lot of foreign policy things I hated about Clinton (after he was impeached by the House, he lobbed missiles over in Sudan and Afghanistan that were unjustifiable) too. I don't know why so many people on ATOT, and so many Americans in general are so preoccupied about Democrats vs. Repubs, Liberals vs. Cons. These labels are meaningless and will do nothing but hold us back. The approaches taken so far by both parties have failed. The conservatives view like you have will fail too (and the liberals views, if they ever come out (Clinton was not a liberal), although are probably better, may fail too), and our children will suffer for it. We cannot get rid of 1 billion people Period. not even 100 million. we can't even put a dent in them. We better convert them or soften them and call it a day and try to live in peace. I now it sounds ridiculous to convert so many or to try to change their interpretation of Islam, but its the only true solution i see. We also need to stop supporting dictators. That always comes back to bite us in the a55 (right now we are supporting Musharraf despite glaring evidence that his government intelligence agency works with known terrorists) I don't know when the people of this country will realize that they cannot oppress, mistreat, abuse, attack, exploit, pollute, etc. without feeling the repercussions later. As they say, what goes around comes around, this cliche has proven to be very true with respect to our foreign policy. If we value peace, like we claim to, we cannot attain it until we work to improve the lives of others in this world.