One more reason to vote against Bush in the Presidental Election!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Dave:

I see.... :(

Well, I'm not surprised. The Elephant Noses will do everything they can to screw the little guy.....

-Robert

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: bthorny
Originally posted by: Amused
Originally posted by: bthorny
Originally posted by: WinstonSmith
Originally posted by: DougK62
Garbage article. Whoever accepts that as truth is a moron. Go straight to the source like Amused did.

You liberals are getting desperate
rolleye.gif

Why don't you check to find out who can be reclassified?

They don't wanna talk about that I'm sure......
rolleye.gif

I already have. YOU don't want to read the actual bill for yourself. Instead you choose to bleat propaganda and blindly believe those with an obvious agenda instead of thinking for yourself.

Well I'll tell you one thing I didn't take someone elses opinion/(slanted research) and act like it was mine :)

Unless of coarse you just like posting the exact same thing on different sites

link

seriously pwned :D

CQuinn

Golden Member
May 31, 2000
I work a salaried position, and I'm still expected to turn in a time sheet showing the hours
I work each week. I got approved for overtime for working another guys shift over the holidays.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I never knew that Salaried workers were due OT.

...for my government cheese, I can elect to receive some $ for OT, but not many hours (budget impact); therefore, I usually go with the 'comp-time' :)
There have always been, however, a number of corporations who do not pay overtime, but, instead, simply give you compensation time-off. What's all the whining about?

nutxo

Diamond Member
May 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
I never knew that Salaried workers were due OT.

I've never known a salaried worker that was paid overtime.

OMG, i agreed with red dawn.

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003
At least somebody like MoveOn is willing to stick up for the average American working stiff.

Never thought I'd see the day when, Bush gives Amnesty to illegals, than takes away the American worker's overtime pay. What next? Lowering the minumum wage?
Can he screw the average American more?

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: sMiLeYz
At least somebody like MoveOn is willing to stick up for the average American working stiff.

Never thought I'd see the day when, Bush gives Amnesty to illegals, than takes away the American worker's overtime pay. What next? Lowering the minumum wage?

It seems blatantly obvious you know very little(other than the partisan rhetoric) about these two issues. There is no "Amnesty" and Overtime pay will still be there for hourly employees.

CkG

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
I worked for several years at a company on salary, which did pay overtime, but it was trickey to meet the threashold.
First - You were not eligble to be paid any overtime unless you exceeded 50 hours in a week.
Second - You would only be paid overtime for the hours 'if' collected 5 hours above the 50 hours.
Third - You only were paid $ 5 per hour above your 'averaged' straight pay for the base 40.
(If you made $ 800 as a weekly base salary you made $ 20 per hour base, so overtime was $ 25)
So to even collect the 5 hours pay at $ 25, which totaled an extea $ 125, you had to work 55 hours.

All this time the company collected $ 125 per hour per person present at the company, all time counted.
(Military Prime Contractor)

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: CADkindaGUY

It seems blatantly obvious you know very little(other than the partisan rhetoric) about these two issues. There is no "Amnesty" and Overtime pay will still be there for hourly employees.

CkG

So you are saying this won't reduce overtime?

sMiLeYz

Platinum Member
Feb 3, 2003

CkG

Mr. "Bush do No wrong" himself accuses me of being ignorant and repeating partisan rhetoric? Does god's sense of irony know no bounds? ;)

Of course I understand the issues invole, it's obvious as day and night that special interests are behind this. Mr. Bush has routinely ruled in favor of special interest over the rights of American workers.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

I don't think you read what I said and what it was aiming at. Nice try at putting words(and intent) in my mouth though.:)

If people are willing to actually read this legislation and try to understand it - I'll be more than happy to debate the finer points but people who spew rhetoric like that in this thread - it's basically useless to do so.

CkG

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com

MoveOn is going to run the winning Bush Commercial before and after the State of the Union tonight.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Overall, a pretty tricky proposal. Likely good for low wage full time workers, not so good for a lot of others.

Mostly, I think, it's designed to make the Dems look bad. On balance, I suspect that there will be more losers than winners, given the Admin's very pro-employer stance.

It's one of those give a little get a little offers- given the source, I doubt it's a good deal at all...

Wolfdog

Aug 25, 2001
I still can't see why G.W. just can't leave it alone. It seems to me that there are quite a few that don't want it to change. So why should it? Instead of giving overtime perks to low wage earners how about giving them a 0% taxable income.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001

CkG

Riiiiight, nothing to see here, move along.
rolleye.gif

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

CkG

I don't think you read what I said and what it was aiming at. Nice try at putting words(and intent) in my mouth though.:)

If people are willing to actually read this legislation and try to understand it - I'll be more than happy to debate the finer points but people who spew rhetoric like that in this thread - it's basically useless to do so.

CkG

Oh Caddy, no one could ever get the best of a conservative :D especially you

The question that is most germain is the one I asked. Nice try at dodging the issue. :p
:lips:

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

CkG

CkG

The question that is most germain is the one I asked. Nice try at dodging the issue. :p

Ask a real question then.:) Yes, it will reduce OT in some cases. Now do you actually care to address the real issue or are you just looking for a nice little sound bite?("Yes, it will reduce OT in some cases")
It's nice and fun to play headline politics and I enjoy playing it at times, but if people were as concerned as much about this as they claim -why don't they want to discuss the issue instead of just spewing anti-Bush rhetoric?

Like I said - if you want to actually discuss the issue -we can do so, but it's worthless to debate this by lobbing rhetoric back and forth. But if that's what people want to do - I'm pretty good at that game - ring the bell and we'll go.

CkG

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000

CkG

CkG

Ask a real question then.:) Yes, it will reduce OT in some cases. Now do you actually care to address the real issue or are you just looking for a nice little sound bite?("Yes, it will reduce OT in some cases")
It's nice and fun to play headline politics and I enjoy playing it at times, but if people were as concerned as much about this as they claim -why don't they want to discuss the issue instead of just spewing anti-Bush rhetoric?

Like I said - if you want to actually discuss the issue -we can do so, but it's worthless to debate this by lobbing rhetoric back and forth. But if that's what people want to do - I'm pretty good at that game - ring the bell and we'll go.

CkG

Actually I am wading through the Fed Registry stuff. I have yet to find where the OP is in error. I do know I do not like this being tucked in an omnibus bill. Yeah, both sides do it for all kinds of stuff, but I dont have to like it anyway

Jan 12, 2003

CkG

So people just don't get it, Cad....these kids believe everything they read (on moveon.com).

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Actually, John McCain referred to the "amnesty" provisions of the President's immigration proposal last night on Hardball. :)

You and CAD need to get up to speed. Tsk, tsk. Don't do your homework and you get behind.... :)

-Robert

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: chess9
Actually, John McCain referred to the "amnesty" provisions of the President's immigration proposal last night on Hardball. :)

You and CAD need to get up to speed. Tsk, tsk. Don't do your homework and you get behind.... :)

-Robert

Have you read the text/legislative language of the bill? Or, instead, are you letting McCain do your proverbial homework for you? I don't care what he says--there is no "amnesty." Prove me wrong, professor...since you assigned the homework and we failed to complete it.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Originally posted by: chess9

-Robert

I never did my homework and still aced my tests;) Bring it on gramps.:p It's not Amnesty - period.

CkG