omg omg omg FALLOUT 76 !

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011

there's basically nothing there, it's just an announce trailer, no footage of the game at all.

still, hype.

1. it *could* possibly be released October 27.
Bethesda has not officially confirmed a release date for Fallout 76. Before the reveal trailer, Director at Bethesda Studios Todd Phillips teased that more details will be revealed at Bethesda's E3 conference on June 10. There are some possible clues as to when Fallout 76 will launch in the trailer though. During the opening shot, a Pip Boy is resting on a table displaying the date Oct 27, 2102. Given that Fallout 4 was announced during E3 2015 and released later that year, it's not unlikely that we'll see a Fall 2018 release for Fallout 76.

2. it *could* possibly be an online game.

both are complete speculation.
There has been speculation that Fallout 76 could be an online survival game in the vein of Rust. An anonymous user on a Fallout forum correctly predicted the name of the game back in 2017. They also mentioned that the game would be "set alongside an interstate highway" and is a "Fallout themed Rust clone". Further weight was added to this theory when Kotaku News Editor Jason Schreier tweeted the following tweet.

Last edited:

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
I remain completely indifferent for now.

I'm already extremely happy with Fallout 4 (and modded, it only makes the game about 517.63% better). I would have been honestly happy if they had announced a remaster of the original two games (wouldn't care about Fallout 3 '64-bit' remaster edition). Alas, it's not the case. For now there's obvious lack of information, so I'm very neutral about it. I'll wait at E3 for more info, but I'm expecting nothing special.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
For the love of Dogmeat, please don't be an MMO.

I don't think it will be. I'm expecting a new campaign built on the old engine. Exactly what they did with Fallout New Vegas. Based on the music I'm thinking it will be set in West Virginia on Route 76.

It is a pretty low cost way to capitalize on the success of Fallout 4, and it worked out pretty well for New Vegas. So, I'm going to be tentatively hopeful.

DrunkenSano

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2008
Rumor is this new Fallout will focus more on survival and base building like Rust or ARK.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
That's actually fine by me... even though I didn't touch the base building stuff in Fallout 4.

According to Preston Garvey... sooooo many settlements needed my help!

Reactions: maevinj

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Lots of rumors going around. For one I would love a Fallout that focuses more on survival and building up a new vault or settlement. New-age Fallout gives us the atmosphere of a post-apocalyptic world, but given how fast you can become overpowered, the Wasteland/New Vegas/Commonwealth doesn't give the feeling of a post-apocalyptic landscape.

Jeeebus

Diamond Member
Aug 29, 2006
While a subpar movie generally, Kingsman: Golden Circle has made it impossible to hear that song and not immediately feel sad about Merlin.

Igo69

Apr 26, 2015
Seems like a big DLC and looking at the video it is going to be same as Fallout 4 just with better graphics.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Base building would be interesting. Having to put up with a bunch of shoot-everyone idiots from the Internet would not.

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
Base building would be interesting. Having to put up with a bunch of shoot-everyone idiots from the Internet would not.
It's fun until high level players bring their pet deathclaws and kill you when you are just starting. :D

Vivendi

Nov 21, 2013
Dam they're at 76 already. I need to catch up, last one I played was FO 2.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
I wouldn't necessarily mind hotspot 4 player, like Far Cry. But an MMO would be awful. Look at The Elder Scrolls for proof.

Jan 15, 2018
let's see what they are cooking this time although no official announcement has been made yet still fallout has a big fan following. I'd definitely go for it only if they change their game mechanism and make it a bit faster just like what AC Origin did.

Tweak155

Lifer
Sep 23, 2003
I would definitely think Fallout could be a great MMO setting if done properly, however I'm over the MMO scene for the most part.

That said, even if they make it an MMO I will probably try it... I didn't try Fallout until FO3 & NV were $5 each on Steam sales, but it quickly became one of my favorite games / series ever. Bring it on!

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
I sank countless hours into Fallout 3 and its DLC but I hated New Vegas. The setting, the characters, the new enemies... didn't care for any of it.

I like Fallout 4 a lot but have yet to complete the main story... eh, sneaking up on 3 years since release, no biggie lol

DeathReborn

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 2005
Gonna keep an eye out for paid mods and microtransactions on this one. Trust in game devs/publishers is at an all time low for me.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I sank countless hours into Fallout 3 and its DLC but I hated New Vegas. The setting, the characters, the new enemies... didn't care for any of it.

I like Fallout 4 a lot but have yet to complete the main story... eh, sneaking up on 3 years since release, no biggie lol

I got to the final mission and never finished it. Logged back in a year later, completed the next year of that mission. I guess I'm still in the "this'll do!" phase with that game. It was good, I really enjoy the Fallout games, despite their sameiness in the Bethesda "genre," ....but this news makes me sad because wheretf is ES VI?????

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Gonna keep an eye out for paid mods and microtransactions on this one. Trust in game devs/publishers is at an all time low for me.

I think Bethesda's model is

--Release
--HD pack (~2 months out)
--DLC 1-3 (3 months-yearish)
--remaster of vanilla + HD pack (2 years out)
--Special Edition (re-remaster) (5 years out)

Who needs new IP or microtransactions?

clok1966

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2004
Rumor is this new Fallout will focus more on survival and base building like Rust or ARK.
wasn't this confirmed? Watched so damn many videos of everybody dissecting the trailer maybe i am mistaken. I thought i heard a actual Beth person said this?

I for one thought Fallout 4 was survival/building in the easiest sense already. NOT looking forward to another Rust/Ark/Exiles plus 50 more clones games like them, even in the fallout world. To late to a dying genre (opinion). More Fallout 4, enhancing the base building and making the attacks more intelligent (not spawning inside a base), maybe adding a REAL base for the bad guys the grows as you grow (gunners base was good) once wiped out, maybe the Robot faction ( forgot name) take over and increase defenses.. more turrets, more guys patrolling, etc.. I cant see anything wrong with making more of a good thing.. but change is Ok too. But i have very little interest in more survival game in the Fallout World. But i can hope the game makes me eat my words.

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
wasn't this confirmed? Watched so damn many videos of everybody dissecting the trailer maybe i am mistaken. I thought i heard a actual Beth person said this?

I don't think anything official yet, just 'unofficial' sources saying that. But those 'unofficial' sources are coming from respected journalists, so might have some weight.

I for one thought Fallout 4 was survival/building in the easiest sense already. NOT looking forward to another Rust/Ark/Exiles plus 50 more clones games like them, even in the fallout world. To late to a dying genre (opinion). More Fallout 4, enhancing the base building and making the attacks more intelligent (not spawning inside a base), maybe adding a REAL base for the bad guys the grows as you grow (gunners base was good) once wiped out, maybe the Robot faction ( forgot name) take over and increase defenses.. more turrets, more guys patrolling, etc.. I cant see anything wrong with making more of a good thing.. but change is Ok too. But i have very little interest in more survival game in the Fallout World. But i can hope the game makes me eat my words.

I think that the survival/base building genre is just getting started. Rust/Ark/Exiles shows that there is a demand for such games, but IMHO no one has gotten it right yet. Each of those games had a lot of potential but was deeply flawed in execution. Fallout 4 base building was more or less tacked on to the game and never really worked well. It sounds like they are going to flip the game, making the base building the core of the game and the adventuring just a way to support that. Perhaps they will add a bit of city-management in there too as your base grows into a town? If they can manage nail the base building aspect it could be a good game.