OMG...Need Some Info QUICK! *Updated*

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
OMFG I lOVE YOUr signature! Its totally appropriate - did you have it before this ordeal?

Electric Amish

Elite Member
Oct 11, 1999
They also say that taking a mega-dose of birth-control pills on the morning after can have a similar affect to RU-486....so I've heard.

Other than that, you're going to have to sweat it out for about a month.

Also remember (you won't want to hear this, but...) that she can still have at least one more period after she has conceived. Happened to my sister-in-law.... :)

My advice, wait a few weeks to a month and break out the pregnancy test....

amish

PG

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Doh!
I didn't realize that he had already done the deed.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
My gf's grandmother had "severe spotting" or something and didn't realize she was prego for like 4 months.

Farbio

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2000
amish, you are correct on the mega dose of birth control - the morning after pills are nothing more than a triple dose of the birth control, so if you're that worried just get that!

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
I just noticed something - if she had birth control pills they wouldn't have this problem, so either way she has to get a prescription for something, right? :)

dabuddha

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
the pullout method isn't very safe either
you still have that tiny bit of semen that is potent and can still do its "business"

Regine

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2000
A girl can get pregnant even while having her period - it has happened before. So any time during the month there is a big risk of her getting pregnant.
Hope you learned from your mistake, and I hope for your and her sake she's not pregnant.

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I've never had sex before, and I dont know how long its gonna be before it does happen, but I've never even thought of getting condoms before (btw, this isnt something I'm gonna talk to my parents about cause, well their my parents, and everything about sex, and words like it are never heard around my house, let alone a conversation).

I guess I should be prepared for it, so here are a couple of questions...

1. Are there many sizes? Small, Regular and Large? Regular and Jumbo? Do I just gotta buy a pack of each size and try to find out what fits?

2. How long do they last? I could buy 1 tomorrow, and I may not use it for a year. Do they become defective after a period of time?

This thread has me worried now just cause if I dont have condom, I'm too horney to care if I even have one.

Regine

Diamond Member
Sep 11, 2000
Stefan,
sizes - pretty much just two normal and "freak" ;)
Yes, there is an expiration date on them, but generally they are good for a while, if you store them in a cool, dry place (just like everything else you buy ;))
Just search for "condoms" in a search engine or check out Planned Parenthood's site. There's plenty of info out there.

Shuxclams

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Moron Moron Moron................what if she had a STD? What if you had one and gave it to her? what if she gets pregnant? Why the hell is a moron like you having unprotected sex?

SHUX

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
Shux - Seriously, GET A FVCKING LIFE. Leave my threads alone if you don't got anything nice to say. So in other words, FVCK OFF. I don't need your sh*t now.

To Everyone Else - I ADMIT I'M A IDIOT. But I'm only a teenager, and as they say, "Sh*t happens". Also if you're wondering My sig was written a while ago. But now that I read it, I wanna kick myself. So if you want to "kick me when I'm down" just say and I'll start a "Kick Mztykal" thread. ;) Oh well, I hope I didn't bother you guys with this and if you PM me I'll keep you posted. Other than that, I was wrong and it's time to face to to whatever consequences that appear.

-MzTyKaL

IBhacknU

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
relax there big guy. You put yourself in this situation.

Using excuses like "But I'm only a teenager" and "Sh*t happens" does nothing but show the level of your maturity.

It's time you start acting like an ADULT. For the sake of the others involved, you owe it to them.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
Actually what scares me here is what Stefan just said. Mystycal, you really really should have known better. She probabaly wont' get pregnant, but at least you know that somewhere in your head you should have used a condom.

But Stefan how old are you? Do you live in an igloo? I am very surprised to find that kids these days such as yourself would be so devoid of any knowledge about condoms. Just buy a regular condom - it will fit. Size of condoms hardly matters, because if you are huge they all stretch, and if you're too small to fit in one no girl will have sex with you anyway :) But really, how many health classes do you have to go to? STD's aside, which can kill you, you'll get some chick pregnant. If you are young enough that can screw your life up thouroughly, hers as well, and then the kids parents are frigging teenage idiots, so that kid's life will prolly suck too (blanket statement - please ignore if anyone reading this is the result of a teenage pregnancy and turned out fine!).

I was a teenager only a few years ago but I'm being continually surprised by how ignorant teens can be - and I admit I was also fairly stupid when i was a teenager, so its only with hindsight that this shocks me. Its just weird. Teens do stupid things then they grow up and realize how stupid it was but it would seem that regardless of advice from older people it doesn't help the teenagers out.

mztykal

Was it your first time - and if not did you use a condom the other times? And if it was your first time, congrats - nobody said that but somebody should :p Just make sure its on better terms next time!

Isla

Elite member
Sep 12, 2000
This is why I am adopting the old Spanish tradition of CHAPERONING my children until they have graduated from college and are self supporting..... :p

and why I get a bit upset when I read "when are you old enough to do the nasty" threads, because

SEX MAKES BABIES!!!!!!

...and nobody loves babies more than me, but they require sooooo much sacrifice, time, and responsibility... most teenagers make poor parents, IMHO. Heck, A lot of adults I know make poor parents, but I can't do much to prevent them from multiplying.

:(

BigToque

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
But Stefan how old are you?
I'm 18

Do you live in an igloo?
I'm sure I could. Way up here, I don't think it gets warm enough for an igloo to melt :)

I know about diseases, and the risks of having sex, etc... I just dont have any information on condoms because I have a feeling it will be quite a while before I do have sex (I dont meen by choice, I mean I wont get the chance). Because of that, I havent thought about it much.

mztykal

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
It's not my first time, and no, I didn't use condoms with any of the other girls. But thanks for the congrats anyway. :) And if you're wondering I'm clean. Which means free of any diseases, for all you people out there that's a lil slow. But thanks for your concern. I really appreciate everyones comments. ;)

-MzTyKaL