JDub02

Diamond Member
Sep 27, 2002
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/ollienorth/on20050311.shtml
Long read, but worth it.

Misunderestimation
Oliver North

March 11, 2005

News item: President Bush taps John Bolton for U.N. Ambassador.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basically an open letter to the new UN Ambassador from Ollie. He makes alot of good points. The UN is on the brink of being completely irrelevant and Ollie is giving Mr. Bolton advice for keeping the UN from falling over.

At the moment, the UN is a cesspool of corruption that serves no purpose other than to give violent dictators a thin veneer of legitimacy.

Personally, I think we ought to throw them out of the country and start a new organization titled "United Democries" and let in only countries with democratically elected leaders.

cquark

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2004
You are the only one in the room who has to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. To paraphrase Col. Jessup, "They can't handle the truth," but don't let that stop you.

Isn't it ironic to see convicted Iran-Contra traitor Oliver North complaining about someone else not being able to handle the truth?

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: cquark
You are the only one in the room who has to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. To paraphrase Col. Jessup, "They can't handle the truth," but don't let that stop you.

Isn't it ironic to see convicted Iran-Contra traitor Oliver North complaining about someone else not being able to handle the truth?
No kidding. And his flippant comment re:Falluja speaks volumes to his lack of compassion and to his wealth of arrogance.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Just more drivel from another neocon fluffer, nothing to see here... *yawn*

TheBDB

Diamond Member
Jan 26, 2002
Fourth, call 'em as you see 'em, John. The bloated bigwigs attacking you aren't used to plain English. Like the striped-pants-set at the United Nations, the senators who are giving you a hard time are masters at obfuscation -- like calling a tax increase "revenue enhancement."

:Q Oh the irony

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
I would have much more respect for anything Ollie North has to say, now, if he had been tried, convicted and shot for treason for his part in the Iran-Contra scandal. :|

1. North was a key figure in the scheme to sell arms to the Ayatollah Khomeini, a sworn enemy of the United States, in an attempt to negotiate for the release of hostages. This was contrary U.S. law and the Reagan administration's stated policy that it would not negotiate with terrorists.

2. This cabal then used the proceeds from these arms sales to the Nicaraguan Contras, again contrary U.S. law.

3. After secretly flying down to Nicaragua, it would be pity to waste fuel and time flying an empty plane back home. Why not load it up with white powder that could be sold to kids in the U.S. for even more capital to continue the above crimes?

This charge has never been fully pursued, but there are plenty of facts to support it. Here is just one of many links you can find in a quick google search.

4. On (7-8-1987), in his third day of testimony, Oliver North states that he shredded documents in the presence of Justice Department officials and testifies that the late CIA Director, William Casey helped run the secret contra program.

Ollie North is a lying, self serving turd who should have been flushed down the toilet of history years ago. :|

CaptnKirk

Lifer
Jul 25, 2002
'Convicted Felon' carries a ceratain air of respect in todays GOP.

After all - his job became 'Take the Sword' so Reagan wouldn't.

. . . and he's got this good buddy - Jony Negroponte,
the Death Squad Monte . . . (had to make up a rhyme)

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Harvey
I would have much more respect for anything Ollie North has to say, now, if he had been tried, convicted and shot for treason for his part in the Iran-Contra scandal. :|

1. North was a key figure in the scheme to sell arms to the Ayatollah Khomeini, a sworn enemy of the United States, in an attempt to negotiate for the release of hostages. This was contrary U.S. law and the Reagan administration's stated policy that it would not negotiate with terrorists.

2. This cabal then used the proceeds from these arms sales to the Nicaraguan Contras, again contrary U.S. law.

3. After secretly flying down to Nicaragua, it would be pity to waste fuel and time flying an empty plane back home. Why not load it up with white power that could be sold to kids in the U.S. for even more capital to continue the above crimes?

This charge has never been fully pursued, but there are plenty of facts to support it. Here is just one of many links you can find in a quick google search.

4. On (7-8-1987), in his third day of testimony, Oliver North states that he shredded documents in the presence of Justice Department officials and testifies that the late CIA Director, William Casey helped run the secret contra program.

Ollie North is a lying, self serving turd who should have been flushed down the toilet of history years ago. :|

The 1988 debates between Chomsky and Perle ( http://tvset.org/mp3/Chomsky%20v%20Perle%201988 ) go into that a bit. Well, Chomsky does. Perle does his best to play slimey apologist and rebuts Chomsky with nothing more than banal jabs.

miketheidiot

Lifer
Sep 3, 2004
Originally posted by: cquark

you mean a traitor and first degree war criminal who deserves nothingless than to be flayed and burned alive.

shira

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2005

It's interesting that the author of this site, Celerino Castillo, makes almost the same general point (while slamming Ollie) that Ward Churchill has: That the United States' disregard, in the pursuit of corporate profits, for the rights of the citizens of non-first-world countries has led to the terrorism directed against us.

We reap what we sow.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Contras fighting against the Communist Nicaraugan government? What part of supporting people's right to live out from under the Communist thumb is so wrong, exactly?

SViscusi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2000
Originally posted by: X-Man
Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't the Contras fighting against the Communist Nicaraugan government? What part of supporting people's right to live out from under the Communist thumb is so wrong, exactly?

The Nicarauguans were democratically elected, not to mention the Contra's were extremely brutal goings as far as to set up death squads. Also don't forget we were arming Iran in the process and all without Congressional oversight or approval.

XMan

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: SViscusi

The Nicarauguans were democratically elected, not to mention the Sandanistas were extremely brutal goings as far as to set up death squads.

Good thing the Contras were the guys fighting against the Sandanistas, then, wouldn't you say?

daveshel

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
And then there's William Casey, who all of a sudden died of natural causes just before it was his turn to testify...

SViscusi

Golden Member
Apr 12, 2000
Originally posted by: SViscusi

The Nicarauguans were democratically elected, not to mention the Sandanistas were extremely brutal goings as far as to set up death squads.

Good thing the Contras were the guys fighting against the Sandanistas, then, wouldn't you say?

Brain fart I meant that the Contra's were extremely brutal.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Communism, eh? Interesting. More like a strong nationalistic government. The U.S. couldn't have that. The Reagan admin needed to expand the markets for American corporations to exploit and profit more.

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
:music: Hey, Hey, Now I'm a Contra,
Hey, Hey, I do what I want ta'
Hey, Hey, Women and children,
Let me at them, I'll kill them
Da doot doot doot, Dooooo,

Life used to be so hard, da doot do,
Then I joined the National Guard . . . :music:

PatboyX

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: NeoV
how is it that anyone listens to this guy?

i want know how someone like sean hannity, who spends the better part of his day raging against "liberal traitors" and people who "hate america" and those aiding terrorists can not only have this man as a guest on his shows repeatedly, but refer to him as a close personal friend and actually have him fill in hosting position!

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: PatboyX
Originally posted by: NeoV
how is it that anyone listens to this guy?

i want know how someone like sean hannity, who spends the better part of his day raging against "liberal traitors" and people who "hate america" and those aiding terrorists can not only have this man as a guest on his shows repeatedly, but refer to him as a close personal friend and actually have him fill in hosting position!
Avarice.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

The Contras were fighting to reinstate themselves as the Government after the Sandanistas threw them out when they were Antonio Somoza's Goons. They weren't freedom fighters, the were Right Wing Extremists, many of them murderers of innocent Nicaraguans and even some Catholic Lay People.

BTW, the Sandanistas were voted out of power in a democratic election which they allowed to happen.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

The Contras were fighting to reinstate themselves as the Government after the Sandanistas threw them out when they were Antonio Somoza's Goons. They weren't freedom fighters, the were Right Wing Extremists, many of them murderers of innocent Nicaraguans and even some Catholic Lay People.

BTW, the Sandanistas were voted out of power in a democratic election which they allowed to happen.
Well, when you have the opposition (being supported by the U.S.) engaging in assassinations and terrorist attacks, it's kind of hard to win.
http://www.chss.montclair.edu/english/furr/parentinic.html
http://www.hartford-hwp.com/archives/47/298.html

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: MCWAR
When you guys get back from outer space let us know how your trip was.
I'm back. Your folks are fine, and they said to tell you they want you to return to the mother ship. :p