Old White Men vs. ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Don't you hate it when you just can't come up with something witty so you use something lame, then wish you'd just kept your mouth shut?
Oh I had something witty. But why would I echo that out into the void.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
What numbers?(1) What are you defending, and why can't 87% of you get shit done(2)?

If you're talking about the article I linked, take it up with the authors if you have a problem with it. I'm sure as hell not going to defend it(3).
1. Your numbers. How many crazy nationalist anti immigrant fucks your country have? Me, I have 3% plus change.

2. 87% of us ARE getting shit done. Was the context that bad that *that* escaped you? I actually just tested it on ChatGPT, zero comprehension issues.

3. You used the article to infer that tribalism was good and well in Denmark, thus I *must* assume you assign credibility to the article... Right? Right? And so, a natural logical next step question probably could be: Why do you assign credibility to said article? - To which you respond with: It wasnt me. Derp. (day drinking?).

Of course Denmark has tribal racism blabla going on. And thank god we got around to addressing this shit in time or we'd be in the same boat as Sweden right now. Sweden got some isle 4 cleaning up to do.

Tribalism will always exist everywhere. Cause we fucking apes. Without schooling we're still just fucking apes.

How's your fucking schooling coming along?

Reactions: dank69

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
"democracy is not merely a form of governing, but it is a lifestyle and a mindset that each generation must be brought up with."
The origin AFAIK of democracy was ancient Greece, they invented it, lived it. I'm not very educated in their culture, but have the impression that it developed to a considerable extent because just to survive in Greece in those days you had to be hearty. You needed to be energetic, strong and functional. Nowadays it's too damn easy to be a lazy creature. It's encouraged, in fact all too much and too often. I try not expose myself to commercials. I'm into a lot of alternative stuff.

GodisanAtheist

Diamond Member
Nov 16, 2006
I dunno this fixation on "whiteness" and "old" makes me squirm a bit when it comes to Dems and Libs. They need a policy focused agenda.

Evangelicals and Pubs will take a guy who has 5 kids by 3 women, a golden calf toilet, says vile uncouth things... And get him into office so they can get their policy goals enacted.

While Roe V. Wade was an absolute abortion of logical legal thinking, it did provide an critical right to women to control their own destinies... And Evangelicals got it reverse by electing someone they by all rights should never have voted for.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
1. Your numbers. How many crazy nationalist anti immigrant fucks your country have? Me, I have 3% plus change.

2. 87% of us ARE getting shit done. Was the context that bad that *that* escaped you? I actually just tested it on ChatGPT, zero comprehension issues.

3. You used the article to infer that tribalism was good and well in Denmark, thus I *must* assume you assign credibility to the article... Right? Right? And so, a natural logical next step question probably could be: Why do you assign credibility to said article? - To which you respond with: It wasnt me. Derp. (day drinking?).

Of course Denmark has tribal racism blabla going on. And thank god we got around to addressing this shit in time or we'd be in the same boat as Sweden right now. Sweden got some isle 4 cleaning up to do.

Tribalism will always exist everywhere. Cause we fucking apes. Without schooling we're still just fucking apes.

How's your fucking schooling coming along?
Seems I touched a little nerve there. Let me give a few brief answers.
1. We have Mexico next door, you don't.
2. No idea what shit you're getting done, and don't really care.
3. I explained how I happened across the article in question. I said it was interesting, you decided it was a condemnation, don't blame me for your feelings of inadequacy and subsequent rage.
4. Bonus answer: I don't give a fuck about Denmark. The only time it was ever on my radar was 50 years ago when I dated a Danish girl (full disclosure, she was a cold hearted bitch so dumped her).

Stokely

Golden Member
Jun 5, 2017
Old white men aren't the source of the problem.

Uneducated morons are, and yeah mostly white rural types but other ethnicities don't have a shortage either. Lack of education, and they tend to be religious, and the lack of logical thinking is filled in by conspiracy belief. Just look at the rise of anti-vax wankery in the year 2024....fucking measles is coming back, and for all I know polio too.

We have qAnon believers in Congress. That garbage makes flat earther beliefs seem plausible. This is due to the voting public, grifters are always going to grift whether they really believe the nonsense or not.

Reactions: hal2kilo

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Seems I touched a little nerve there. Let me give a few brief answers.
1. We have Mexico next door, you don't.
2. No idea what shit you're getting done, and don't really care.
3. I explained how I happened across the article in question. I said it was interesting, you decided it was a condemnation, don't blame me for your feelings of inadequacy and subsequent rage.
4. Bonus answer: I don't give a fuck about Denmark. The only time it was ever on my radar was 50 years ago when I dated a Danish girl (full disclosure, she was a cold hearted bitch so dumped her).

Yes. You baited me to engage with stupid. And that is on me.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
It's been said there are too many old white men making the rules for everyone else and we need to get younger lawmakers and more women and minorities.

But then we see the likes of Mace, Boebert, Ivey, Greene, Gaetz, Noem, Reynolds, Robinson, Lake, Rubio, Suarez and so many other complete fools in or seeking various offices around the country. I've lost count of them all.

Where do we go?

There aren't a lot of young black women who are full-on Trump supporters, though.

It's a cumulative thing. There are black men to whom male dominance is more important than race and no shortage of white women to whom white supremacy outweighs everything else.

It's also a coalition, of different groups - I suspect with the plutocrats holding the real power in the end.

Also, a lot of Americans are just plain nuts.

Reactions: GodisanAtheist

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
Yes. You baited me to engage with stupid. And that is on me.
There it is, the personal attack. The go to little mans defense when protected by anonymity. You even got a little cheering section. I bet that feels pretty good.

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
There it is, the personal attack. The go to little mans defense when protected by anonymity. You even got a little cheering section. I bet that feels pretty good.
Let’s reiterate your position here; you dont give a fuck about the topic you’re yapping about yet continue to yap about and when someone calls you a wise and beautiful woman cause you yap too much your pussy hurts and you switch from yap to whine. Ok bud.

Reactions: Meghan54