Oklahoma state trooper shoots unarmed man in the back

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: MonkeyloveGood
Originally posted by: Mill
All you have to do is watch.

All I can say as a CJ student and someone who wants to go into Law Enforcement was that she was 100% wrong. People on the officer.com message boards are outraged that she was not fired for this incident. A few OK state troopers said that was known to be a threat before she completed training, and that they campaigned against her hire. Not only that, but she attempted to quit the academy three times, but the brass begged her to stay because she would be the first Black female officer they had. Not only that, but she failed parts of the academy, and when she passed her FTO during training wanted to fail her. Unfortunately, she leaves a big black eye on anyone who believes in competent police work, and leaves a bigger black eye on her department. She was reassigned to other duties and will NOT be charged with a crime.

Hey, Mill I thought the cop was always right? I'm sorry but I'm inclined to believe the cop over an unarmed victim. Right....

Hey troll, you admitted your were speeding, plus you don't have a videotape of your stop. So STFU and pay your damn ticket.

ctcsoft

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003
Originally posted by: MonkeyloveGood
All you have to do is watch.

All I can say as a CJ student and someone who wants to go into Law Enforcement was that she was 100% wrong. People on the officer.com message boards are outraged that she was not fired for this incident. A few OK state troopers said that was known to be a threat before she completed training, and that they campaigned against her hire. Not only that, but she attempted to quit the academy three times, but the brass begged her to stay because she would be the first Black female officer they had. Not only that, but she failed parts of the academy, and when she passed her FTO during training wanted to fail her. Unfortunately, she leaves a big black eye on anyone who believes in competent police work, and leaves a bigger black eye on her department. She was reassigned to other duties and will NOT be charged with a crime.

Hey, Mill I thought the cop was always right? I'm sorry but I'm inclined to believe the cop over an unarmed victim. Right....

Cops aren't always right!!!! Their HUMAN..

HUMAN = Mistakes.

Also this b!tch is a PRIME example of a tramp cop who needs to be prosecuted!!!

ctcsoft

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003
Originally posted by: TechnoKid
There's corruption at its finest

It has nothing at all to do with corruption. You might want to peruse dictionary.com before making such a statement.

Actually it does. Because you know what?

This b!tch still has a damn job!! I love it how things are so conveinently swept
under the rug for officers and how they are forgiven so fast.

Yet... Ordinary Joe gets the third degree for speeding too many times.

The Blue Wall of Silence.... Thats corruption at its finest. Just tell us what
we don't know... Wait. Then we'd be here forever

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: jmoe782

It has nothing at all to do with corruption. You might want to peruse dictionary.com before making such a statement.

This b!tch still has a damn job!! I love it how things are so conveinently swept

I believe tons of cops are speaking out about this. It has more to do with the individual adminstration of that department and AA than it does the Blue Wall of Silence. Yes, the BWOS does exist, but it is being broken down more and more.

ctcsoft

Platinum Member
Nov 21, 2003

I believe tons of cops are speaking out about this. It has more to do with the individual adminstration of that department and AA than it does the Blue Wall of Silence. Yes, the BWOS does exist, but it is being broken down more and more.

Well obviously her fellow officers or sherrif is covering this up by allowing her to
work still.

I mean seriously. IFFF I was ever a cop, I would not want to work for a PD who
condoned that behavior.

PlatinumGold

Lifer
Aug 11, 2000

Well obviously her fellow officers or sherrif is covering this up by allowing her to
work still.

condoned that behavior.

yo joe, if they are COVERING it up, how come we all know about it?? are we ALSO part of the cover up??
rolleye.gif
;

as mil said, BWS DOES exist, but sheesh, this is not a good example of that.

Chrono

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2001
that is the worst police officer i have ever seen in my life.
anybody can become a police officer nowadays?
even retards? -_-

Aug 8, 2001

I guess someone needs more time with dictionary.com huh Mill?

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

work still.

condoned that behavior.

Her fellow officers on officer.com have spoken out against her. The Blue Wall of Silence rarely applies to the administration, because most patrol officers and detectives don't really care for their admin and/or can't change what they do. Your beef should be with her administration and their terrible AA standards and policies.

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Originally posted by: McCarthy
First question, since I actually bothered reading the replies...what's this no RM thing about? RealPlayer 8 basic works fine, not my player of choice, but something strange about the I WILL NOT watch RM type replies.

Anyway

Completely unprofessional from start to finish. Even without law enforcement training it's obvious to most people that the best way to get anyone to comply, especially if you suspect them of being intoxicated, is to remain calm and authoritative. This means not swearing every other word, screaming like a hysterical woman, making wild threats....and dare I say it, using clear english helps too. "I got a gun" "Turn around!!!!! Im'a shoot you!" Can't really blame the guy for not wanting to turn around given those instructions.

I'm not surprised at the lack of riots, press coverage, etc. I am very surprised she has been returned to duty though. That's mind boggling. Even before the shooting she had done almost nothing in an appropriate manner.

The anti-RM player is due to it being discovered to spy on the user. It's 'supposedly' fixed, but somehow I think they just figured out how to code it more elusively.

Å

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
I doubt this thing is over for the officer and more importantly the PD she works for (which I believe is the State Troopers so that's pretty big)....

They don't want to 'admit' she was guilty and thus basically hand their asses to the lawyer the victim is bound to retain.

They are probably planning damage control right now and I am willing to bet eventually she's pulled off the street and/or remediated through classes.

The bad part about this is if she is unstable, she can potentially do this again and that happens...that's when damage control becomes the dirty bomb you thought was the 'money suitcase'.

Å

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
Aren't State Troopers supposed to be the cream of the crop? I was thinking she was just a sheriff's deputy or something due to her being such a prick, but then she mentioned it and I was like WTF?

The guy would have probably been alot more cooperative had she not been like a pitbull smelling blood on him. There is no way she should be an officer, but then again with her attitude I can't think of any job that she is a perfect fit for...maybe assistant basketball coach at Texas Tech?

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Im amazed this aint on something like fox news or such. or they fired her rear yet.