Ok PC gamers, what'cha mousing on

Nickrand

Sep 4, 2004
looking for recommendations on a quality mousepad. Can anyone give me a recommendation or give me a product to stay away from?

xtknight

Elite Member
Oct 15, 2004
Normal Office Max mouse pad I've been using for years, and I kick ass with it. :Q

Apr 15, 2004
I've got the Ratpadz GS, decent pad but I've been wanting to get rid of it for a while. I hate how the bottom is cut out rather than the pad being square, and since the pad is so thick (even moreso than a traditional cloth pad) it bothers me a lot. And the pad can't be flipped upside down, because for some reason it only grips when the cutout part is facing you, flip it around and it slips and slides all over the desk with ease.

The textured plastic surface took a while to get used to, the first few days it felt like dragging my mouse across sandpaper, but you get used to it. If I wasn't so lazy I'd replace it with a really thin cloth/plastic square pad like an Xtrac.

I've used this pad for probably around a year or so, so it's not like holy sh!t I hate you you RatBastard. As a cheap widely available pad it's an ok choice, but I think you should just go with something square depending on the shape of your desk, and something thin. The Xtrac line looks pretty good in a not-so-ridiculous price range, compared to other pads like the Icemat and Steelpad, and that's what I'll try next if I ever get around to it.

imhungry

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2005
Steelpad QcK+ / MX510 and loooving it.

Cloth pads, go for QcK+ / DKTpad.
Plastic, go for S&S probably. (MANY choices here).

Nextman916

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2005
XTRAC's are very nice pads imo. They have a randomly printed dot pattern printed in honycomb like hexagons to proved the most precise control. I have the Pro HS because i dont really like hugs pads if you want a cloth pad the XTRAC cloth pads are also very good.

JimmyH

Jul 13, 2000
Was using an ole everglide when I had "balls" :D Currently just the wood on my desk w/ my logitech mx518. Hmm maybe I should get optical mousepad?

Elfear

Diamond Member
May 30, 2004
I use an ExactMat and love it. Very precise and lots of surface to mouse on.

Eureka

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
MX510 on a good ol desk... tracks fine, works smoothly, only qualm is that it will probably wear out my mousefeet quickly.

Norm

secretanchitman

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
i got this indian rug mousepad from my moms friend a while ago...sure beats my crappy one i that i got for free after rebates!

Jun 14, 2003
heh im using a Razer exactmat

its pretty neat actually...i thought the 2 different gaming surfaces would be a complete gimmick, but it does actually work. currently using a logitech G7 lazer mouse, and the feet on this thing literally glide over this mat!

realy impressed with this mouse by the way. the feet are made from PTFE and instead of 5 little feet, there are 3 big feet. it properly glides around this mat im using. what i find particularly good is that this mouse tracks just fine on the glass surface of my desk. my old MX510 just stopped, but this carries on unhindered.

its solidly built, has the right amount of buttons, theres ZERO lag, works perfect right out the box, and you can take it anwhere.....i took it to the CAD lab the other day. just take the mouse, and the USB dongle (USB charging/base station need'nt come with you, it has a usb port on it for the dongle, so u just need to take the dongle) plug it in a computer and away you go

you can also change the sensitivity on the fly, great for games, great for CAD, i found it really usefull dropping down to 400dpi to do some finer work with it.

only thing i will say is that the battery life is a little short.....good thing they supply you with 2 batterys!

(sorry about that.....had to get it out. im am truely impressed by this mouse)

ayabe

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2005
I use a thumb driven trackball, no pad needed. I get little to no fatigue and can play any game without problems, including FPS's.

Nirach

Jul 18, 2005
Mp40 mousemat.

£3 eBay job. Love it to death, having used some of these supposed 'gaming' pads, I prefer my Mp40 cheapy cheapy mat :D

darXoul

Jan 15, 2004
MX510 on Allsop Raindrop. Used for everything, from internet to fast-paced Q3 CPMA.

I like cloth pads. Steelpad, fUnc, Icemat... tons of great pads out there but I'm a cloth guy, I guess.