OK I give up, what did James Franco do?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
No one has mentioned that their is some outrage over the fact he is going to play a guy who was gay and found Jesus and is now preaching that being gay is the work of the devil, etc.

bradley

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
Highly intelligent and cultured guy, great actor bordering on excellent (and shocker) he's a heterosexual male. Seventeen is age of consent in NY. Personally that's not my style, but am not one to judge.

Everyone needs to back away from social media and restart living their own lives again.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
The real question is where the heck did Freddie Prinze Jr and Pauly Shore go?

Freddie Prinze Jr did Scooby Do. That is where he went. Pretty much everyone involved in that movie was banished from Earth for it being such an abomination.

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
He tried to have sex with a 17 year old girl. And he sent creepy pics of himself to her.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
17 year olds pretty much are fully developed physically ...

17, 18, same damn thing ...

So the guy is a bit of a scumbag, who cares?

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
17 year olds pretty much are fully developed physically ...

17, 18, same damn thing ...

So the guy is a bit of a scumbag, who cares?

well, this is basically something I'd expect out of Alec Baldwin, not James Franco.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
well, this is basically something I'd expect out of Alec Baldwin, not James Franco.

So, explain to me what point in Franco's career made you so convinced of his moral standards and ideas of an arbitrary number of days alive makes a person mature enough to make informed decisions on their sexual lives.

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
Lol is he the guy that writes shitty poems and acts like he's a scholar?

desura

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2013
It would have been fucking awesome if Alec Baldwin had done it.

Uh, Franco kind has a geeky vibe while Baldwin already has a slightly creepy vibe to him.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
It would have been fucking awesome if Alec Baldwin had done it.

Uh, Franco kind has a geeky vibe while Baldwin already has a slightly creepy vibe to him.

Alec is far too busy playing Angry Birds and yelling at 17 year olds to try and pick one up. Everyone knows this.

Franco is popular because he has that nerdy, but still could be popular look, and people think that is good. I don't think he is a bad actor, and he certainly isn't afraid to make fun of himself.

AznAnarchy99

Lifer
Dec 6, 2004
well, he kinda is.

dude has like 6 degrees and teaches classes.

Can confirm, he teaches at UCLA some class about scripts writing/reading.

IMO after reading the texts, it feels so fake. Its like Franco has less game than all of the people here on ATOT.

Wreckem

Diamond Member
Sep 23, 2006
he's part of that whole Judd Apatow crew with Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill, so he's naturally been in a fuckton of movies.

Hes been in 1. Apatow show and 2. Apatow movies. Saying hes one of Apatows crew is like saying half(or more) of comedic actors are in Apatows crew.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Hes been in 1. Apatow show and 2. Apatow movies. Saying hes one of Apatows crew is like saying half(or more) of comedic actors are in Apatows crew.

not sure what you're arguing, it's just kind of a fact that he's part of that whole crew.

phucheneh

Diamond Member
Jun 30, 2012
It's not really Apatow-related, but I can understand the label. Seth Rogen would be in it with him. Hell, Craig Robertson would be in it, too, and I don't think he's ever even done an Apatow flick. Then expand it to Rogen's writing buddy, Evan Goldberg. And Jay Baruchel, who also writes, IIRC (think he did 'Goon,' possibly with Goldberg?). You can eventually end up with a lot of flicks that share styles and tones and a big cast of characters that intermingle a lot.

Kind of just the next generation or an expansion of the 'frat pack,' after Will Ferrell, Luke Wilson, Owen Wilson...I think they even lump Jack Black and Ben Stiller in there.

Basically, comedy has become very 'ensemble.' And that ensemble doesn't typically change a whole lot. Everybody's one degree from Judd Apatow. Or hell, Wes Anderson.