Oil Dispenser Ideas for Cooking

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigi

Platinum Member
Aug 8, 2001
I use self made lard. Healthiest and most delicious of all "oil"

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
I use a 250ml bottle that came with gourmet virgin olive oil IIRC, I can barely read the label now. It has a no-drip plastic spout-type affair on top.

I use it to pour small amounts of oil, typically on a griddle or frying pan, or for recipes. The plastic pour spout comes off easily for when I refill the bottle with olive oil, which I buy in bulk at Costco.

I keep this small bottle on a jar top because sometimes some oil does drip down the side and I don't want oil on the shelf I keep it on. When I pick up the bottle, I include the jar-coaster affair, it's a very simple matter. Once in a while, I clean off the jar top and bottle, as needed, but that's infrequent. The pour spout is such that I always hold the bottle the same way so if a little dribbles down the bottle it's never where I grab it with my hand. This whole affair has worked very well for me for many years, I feel no need to "upgrade."

Last edited:

Fritzo

Lifer
Jan 3, 2001
I keep a rack of oil cruets next to my stove on the counter. Each oil has it's use:

- Olive: low/medium heat sauteing, light browning
- Canola: frying, deep browning
- Peanut (sometimes Grapeseed): searing

Something like this is what you want:
487833.jpg

Oil will keep for a few months in a cruet. The only way they usually go rancid is if food particles get in the oil.

CraKaJaX

Lifer
Dec 26, 2004
^^^

Exactly what I've got, minus the fancy holder. I guess only professional chef's get those.... :D

edro

Lifer
Apr 5, 2002
I need a butter dispenser!
I have getting the butter dish out and using a knife to cut a chunk off.

I use butter as anti stick for eggs. (and some flavor)

Carson Dyle

Diamond Member
Jul 2, 2012
I've never used cooking oil in such quantities that I couldn't pour out a tablespoon or two from the 500ml or 750ml bottles that I buy and keep next to the stove.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Use a plastic bar pourer and that old wine bottle.

There is no old wine bottle. I would "make" an old wine bottle with the cheapest bottle of red from the liquor store;).

I use a stoneware bottle with a cork in the top. It's made for table use with salad, but I don't think I'm breaking any laws.

The Rachael Ray one? I've seen it pop up everywhere when searching for this stuff...

On a related note, I fail. Bought a 20 cm frypan... It's smaller than I thought it'd be but it's exactly 20 cm. Thought the base would be wider?

Edit: Ugh, I want these ones but I can't find them in my third world country.

http://www.amazon.com/Olive-Dispenser-700ml-Friendly-Stainless/dp/B012XCRIV6/
http://www.amazon.com/TOOLBAR-Quart-Stainless-Drizzler-Drip-free/dp/B000ET0QCY/

Last edited:

Crono

Lifer
Aug 8, 2001
I've always wondered how well that works, compared to your typical can of cooking oil spray. Pretty much the same? I use a little cooking spray almost daily, but a small can will last me for months. So I wouldn't bother just to save a couple of bucks.

It works pretty well, pretty much like Pam. Great for using a small amount of oil.

I think I might get one of these for olive oil, though, since the reviews seem to be good:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LZ7A2TG

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
The Rachael Ray one? I've seen it pop up everywhere when searching for this stuff...
I don't think so. I got it from the thrift shop. It's made in England, and says Salad Dressing(I think. Too lazy to get up and look). It has a graphic of a wooden horse on it. I liked the way it looked, and it was only a couple of bucks. It didn't have a stopper, so I used a whisky cork.

Edit:
found a pic online. Seems like they were fairly common...

T3QEM6o.jpg

Last edited: