Oh the irony

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
OP, I'm a bit confused on your stance. What part of the article do you disagree with?
I'm so confused by this thread. He mentions some random history class anecdote that irks him, then he links an article that seems to have nothing to do with it.. An article where it seems to suggest that the school district is pro diversity education, and this also irks him? What the fuck is this guy talking about?

Reactions: nickqt

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I'm so confused by this thread. He mentions some random history class anecdote that irks him, then he links an article that seems to have nothing to do with it.. An article where it seems to suggest that the school district is pro diversity education, and this also irks him? What the fuck is this guy talking about?
I think he's mad that people disapprove of a teacher that wrote an op-ed about how developing an optional ethnic studies class is leftism run amok and part of what's ruining America.

Reactions: nickqt

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
I've had 6 kids go through Tacoma public school and occasionally it's been a damn nightmare trying to undo the brainwashing. I once had to explain WW2 to a 5th grader after a teacher taught about the atrocities the US perpetrated against Japan. Pearl Harbor and the horrible the horrible things Japan did to POW's wasn't even discussed. When I called and talked to the principle I was told that teachers were free to teach whatever they wanted.

Now we have this. https://www.king5.com/article/news/...sity/281-3bb2effd-6167-4cfe-840a-dfc1b0c5a183 .

I offered to help my oldest kid put her kids in a private school but she's okay with it.

I have been thinking of home schooling more and more.. mostly because of school shootings but academically now too.

I don't want them to learn this ethnic supremacy junk.