Official Xbox 360? Thread...Part Deux

Page 43 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bucwylde23

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2005
Originally posted by: Kirby64
Originally posted by: jlmadyson
Originally posted by: CKDragon
I know that there wasn't too much interest in the Elite in this thread, but I see that at least one Target appears to have broken the street date. Anyone have any luck finding them, yet?

I still plan to buy mine on launch day at Costco... but I'm so impatient.

Yea, it seems as if some Wal-Marts have broken the street date as well. Also I heard that some Wal-Marts have started putting out the new black accessories as well, i.e., controllers, HDD and what not.

Microsoft stated they wouldn't release a black HDD because all black SKU's already came with the black HDD. Basicially, only controllers, play and charge kits, and headsets have black coloring available.

Don't get what the hoopla is about the black anyways, Xbox 360 has been black for awhile now. You just need a can of spray paint, some effort, some time, and patience. ;)

I need a couple more controllers anyways, and prefer black. No one ever pays attention to what color my 360 is including muyself. It's up under the TV where you almost can't see it anyways. I'd like to have the HDMI port just so I can have less clutter with the component cables, but I can't justify spending $100+ for that. HAve no need AT ALL for a 120 GB hard drive.

jlmadyson

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Originally posted by: Kirby64
Originally posted by: jlmadyson
Originally posted by: CKDragon
I know that there wasn't too much interest in the Elite in this thread, but I see that at least one Target appears to have broken the street date. Anyone have any luck finding them, yet?

I still plan to buy mine on launch day at Costco... but I'm so impatient.

Yea, it seems as if some Wal-Marts have broken the street date as well. Also I heard that some Wal-Marts have started putting out the new black accessories as well, i.e., controllers, HDD and what not.

Microsoft stated they wouldn't release a black HDD because all black SKU's already came with the black HDD. Basicially, only controllers, play and charge kits, and headsets have black coloring available.

Don't get what the hoopla is about the black anyways, Xbox 360 has been black for awhile now. You just need a can of spray paint, some effort, some time, and patience. ;)

Yea, I didn't mean black HDD per se, but the standlone 120gig drive. Whatever color it is.

Oct 19, 2000
Hey guys, I'm selling my 360 wireless adapter for $60 shipped. PM me if interested, and I'll give you more info. I have a thread in FS/FT also. Since there is a black 360 now, I guess I should note that this thing is white :p.

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Has anyone had to have a broken 360 replaced by microsoft since they started paying for shipping? I called in a warranty claim last Sunday, and they said I'd have the prepaid box in 3-5 days. I assumed I'd get it by Friday (today) at least, but it didn't show up. How long has it taken people to get the box, and where are they shipping the damn thing from?

bucwylde23

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2005
Originally posted by: trmiv
Has anyone had to have a broken 360 replaced by microsoft since they started paying for shipping? I called in a warranty claim last Sunday, and they said I'd have the prepaid box in 3-5 days. I assumed I'd get it by Friday (today) at least, but it didn't show up. How long has it taken people to get the box, and where are they shipping the damn thing from?

I think it comes from TX. That's where I sent an original Xbox to for repairs...

trmiv

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Well what do you know, UPS showed up at almost 8pm at my house and dropped off the box. I guess it will go out Monday. I was hoping to get it out today though.

bucwylde23

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2005
Ok so I bit the bullet and bought Guitar Hero II tonight. This is my first time playing a Guitar Hero game other than for an hour or two last weekend on the PS2.

I thought I was doing pretty good on easy until I switched to medium. Does anyone have any tips or advice? As soon as they start adding buttons I can barely finish the songs.

This game is going to take a lot of my time for me to be able to get to hard/expert....

dlock13

Platinum Member
Oct 24, 2006
Originally posted by: chrisg22
Ok so I bit the bullet and bought Guitar Hero II tonight. This is my first time playing a Guitar Hero game other than for an hour or two last weekend on the PS2.

I thought I was doing pretty good on easy until I switched to medium. Does anyone have any tips or advice? As soon as they start adding buttons I can barely finish the songs.

This game is going to take a lot of my time for me to be able to get to hard/expert....
Have you tried the practice mode? It offers a lot of helpful tips.

Plus, once easy gets TOO EASY, you'll be able to move in no time. Thats how I was. I was playing songs on medium usually getting 4-5 stars, but when I went to hard it was so tough that I got hooked on trying to beat those. Once I switched back to medium, it was honestly just like playing easy.

You'll get good. Don't worry.

Apr 17, 2003
Grrrr, I need a good basketball game folks! 2k7 sucked IMO and people are telling me that live is pretty terrible. anyone try march madness?

bucwylde23

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2005
Originally posted by: dlock13

Plus, once easy gets TOO EASY, you'll be able to move in no time. Thats how I was. I was playing songs on medium usually getting 4-5 stars, but when I went to hard it was so tough that I got hooked on trying to beat those. Once I switched back to medium, it was honestly just like playing easy.

I only realized that there was a practice mode just before I quit last night, so I haven't tried it much. I'll give it another shot today. I think my biggest problem is getting my hands moved around and losing my place on the buttons. Hopefully I get better :)

Originally posted by: Corporate Thug
Grrrr, I need a good basketball game folks! 2k7 sucked IMO and people are telling me that live is pretty terrible. anyone try march madness?

In my opinion there aren't any good basketball games at the moment. I hated Live, and I've also heard that 2k7 sucks. NBA Street Homecourt isn't realistic and I thought that sucked also.
Haven't tried march madness though

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: dlock13

I only realized that there was a practice mode just before I quit last night, so I haven't tried it much. I'll give it another shot today. I think my biggest problem is getting my hands moved around and losing my place on the buttons. Hopefully I get better :)
dlock nailed it. Play easy until you are able to start getting 5 stars on every song. Once it becomes very easy, switch to medium. So on and so forth. For me, I purchased the game on a Friday night, and by Sunday afternoon, I was working on getting 5 stars on all songs on Medium. It just takes some practice. Also, go through the tutorial completely to learn a few tricks that you may not know about.

The game gets so much more fun once you get to where you can play some of the harder medium songs and on into hard.

bucwylde23

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2005
Originally posted by: blurredvision
dlock nailed it. Play easy until you are able to start getting 5 stars on every song. Once it becomes very easy, switch to medium. So on and so forth. For me, I purchased the game on a Friday night, and by Sunday afternoon, I was working on getting 5 stars on all songs on Medium. It just takes some practice. Also, go through the tutorial completely to learn a few tricks that you may not know about.

The game gets so much more fun once you get to where you can play some of the harder medium songs and on into hard.

Well, I didn't quite play on easy until I got 5 stars on every song, but I beat every song mostly with 4 stars minimum. I am now playing on Medium and I just finished the War pigs encore. War pigs was probably my favorite song so far, I really liked it.
I'm definitely a lot better and medium is a lot more fun/exciting than easy. I've almost got the blue key down ;) So far I'm loving this game now that I feel like I actually might be able to get the hang of it.
Too bad there's no XBL multiplayer

Oh, and somehow gamefly sent me "Pimp My Ride" and that has to be one of the absolute worst games for the 360. Definitely going back tomorrow..

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
Have you seen the new videos and gameplay pics? It looks damn good, I was worried there for awhile but not now.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Anyone else not been able to download the Halo 2 maps? There's a lot of problems downloading the content. Paid for? Yes. Downloaded and installed? Nope :(

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
Anyone else not been able to download the Halo 2 maps? There's a lot of problems downloading the content. Paid for? Yes. Downloaded and installed? Nope :(
Ouch. I have no interest in downloading them, and probably never will with Halo 3 coming up.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
I've got a pile of BB gift cards and reward zone bucks laying around and it's just burning a hole in my pocket. I'm really trying to figure out if I want to pull the trigger and get the Elite now or wait till later this fall for a price drop/CPU revision.

Arg.

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: vi_edit
I've got a pile of BB gift cards and reward zone bucks laying around and it's just burning a hole in my pocket. I'm really trying to figure out if I want to pull the trigger and get the Elite now or wait till later this fall for a price drop/CPU revision.

Arg.
If you can't use the HDMI or absolutely need the extra hard drive space, I say wait. Ship those cards to me and I'll hold them for you until you need them. :evil:

EDIT: I guess I'll add that if your current 360 is either out of warranty or about out, sell the thing and get an Elite. You don't want to be stuck with it if it goes out on you.