Official Xbox 360? Thread...Part Deux

Page 42 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Queasy
New Backwards Compatibility Update - Panzer Dragoon Orta!!!

April 2007 Back Compat titles added/updated:

Tenku (Japan only)
Avatar: The Legend of Aang (EMEA/ANZ)
Breakdown
Call of Duty 2: Big Red One
Call of Duty 3
Cars
Crash Bandicoot 5: Wrath of Cortex
Daisenryaku VII
FIFA Soccer 2007
Full Spectrum Warrior
Guilty Gear Isuka
Innocent Tears (Japan only)
Jet Set Radio Future
King of Fighters 2002
King of Fighters: Neowave
Mad Dash Racing (Japan only)
Mech Assault 2
Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction
Nascar 2006: Total Team Control
NFL Fever 2004
Oddworld Munch?s Oddysee
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Petit Copter (Japan only)
Phantom Dust
Reservoir Dogs
Return To Castle Wolfenstein
Rugby League 2
Sengoku Warriors (Japan only)
Sonic Riders
Soul Calibur 2 UPDATED
Spider-Man 2
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Street Fighter Anniversary Collection
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07
Tony Hawk?s Underground
Ultra Bust a Move /ULTRA Pazzle Bobble
Unreal Championship 2

Finally, Street Fighter:AC is on there! ****** sweet! I bought the game before I bought my 360, thinking that it was already compatible, and have been dying to play it.

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: Queasy
Complete Forza 2 Car List

:shocked:

I have neither the time or the money to play all the damn games that are coming out this year. :(
Yep, I think I got a hard-on. All of those have damage models, also, AFAIK. I'm hoping the demo hits sometime soon so I can give it a spin around the track.

jlmadyson

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Inside the Xbox 360 Elite: Llama breaks down the hardware.

He has some nice pics included for comparison within the article. It looks as if the board has had more of makeover than I thought just looking at the comparison shots of the current board and the elite board. Plan to pick mine up next week, traded in most of what I wanted to trade-in to EB games putting me at 440 credit, leaving me with 74 bucks difference.

Anyhow, I hope Anandtech does a breakdown as well, like they did with the original SKUs hit the market.

Oct 19, 2000
If the thing wasn't $480, I'd try to get one also, but anything more than $400 is just too expensive ($400 was too expensive also, but it's already been made).

jlmadyson

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Originally posted by: CKDragon
I know that there wasn't too much interest in the Elite in this thread, but I see that at least one Target appears to have broken the street date. Anyone have any luck finding them, yet?

I still plan to buy mine on launch day at Costco... but I'm so impatient.

Yea, it seems as if some Wal-Marts have broken the street date as well. Also I heard that some Wal-Marts have started putting out the new black accessories as well, i.e., controllers, HDD and what not.

jlmadyson

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Originally posted by: blurredvision
If the thing wasn't $480, I'd try to get one also, but anything more than $400 is just too expensive ($400 was too expensive also, but it's already been made).

Yea, good points. I have a few reasons I'm upgrading however. HDMI and bigger hard drive of course. I shouldn't have to upgrade the HDD ever in the life of the console and I certainly wasn't going to pay the stand alone price. Upconversion of DVDs over HDMI eliminates a spot on my stand. Last but not least the 1 year warranty. I had a launch console which did me well, but I knew there was a decent chance of it bricking anytime. The EB games additional trade-in deal is kind of icing on the cake. I'm hoping the circuitry is a little better this go around and perhaps the fans a little quieter. Not sure about the drive whether it is a new and improved version of an older drive or one of the same. Hopefully overall quieter.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I went to my local target last night to see if they put any Elites on the shelf (like the one in that link above) but they didn't have any out. It's the same target that I got my DS Lite from 2 weeks before street date. It looked like however they had the shelves ready. They had a cleared out spot next to the HD-DVD players that would fit probably 10 360 boxes, however there was nothing there and no price tag right below it.

I personally have no interest in it, but I was going to see if I could scoop one up early and ebay it :)

The 20gb HD is more than enough for me. I always have like 11gb or so free at a time, so I have no need to upgrade. I also do not like the black color of the 360, and the HDMI is not a big deal whatsoever to me.

UILanMan

Feb 21, 2001
I've been watching the Elite for a little while, but I think I missed some critical info (or rather I hope I did) - way back when, it was rumored that MS was going to only release a set amount of these units, then they'd be gone. Is the Elite here to stay once it's released, or are there only x amount of units? Anyone know / have a source?

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Originally posted by: UILanMan
I've been watching the Elite for a little while, but I think I missed some critical info (or rather I hope I did) - way back when, it was rumored that MS was going to only release a set amount of these units, then they'd be gone. Is the Elite here to stay once it's released, or are there only x amount of units? Anyone know / have a source?

It's a permanent SKU, but the black color is limited. But by "limited" it means it will be out in black for some months to come, then it will turn to the whiteish color.

bucwylde23

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2005
I don't think I'll be picking up an elite 360, but I will more than likely pick up a black wireless controller\headset

michaels

Banned
Nov 30, 2005
I wonder if ms would allow an upgrade if our 360's crapped out under warranty. What could I get for a 360 with 20 gig, and two wireless controllers and a p&c kit with component abd VGA

bigrash

Lifer
Feb 20, 2001
Originally posted by: jlmadyson

Yea, good points. I have a few reasons I'm upgrading however. HDMI and bigger hard drive of course. I shouldn't have to upgrade the HDD ever in the life of the console and I certainly wasn't going to pay the stand alone price. Upconversion of DVDs over HDMI eliminates a spot on my stand. Last but not least the 1 year warranty. I had a launch console which did me well, but I knew there was a decent chance of it bricking anytime. The EB games additional trade-in deal is kind of icing on the cake. I'm hoping the circuitry is a little better this go around and perhaps the fans a little quieter. Not sure about the drive whether it is a new and improved version of an older drive or one of the same. Hopefully overall quieter.

what kind of trade-in deal does EB have?

bucwylde23

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2005
Originally posted by: bigrash

$250 for a premium 360 I believe. There was an article a few days back on joystiq.

MS will definitely not announce an upgrade plan for broken 360s that are under warranty. There would be LOT of "broken" 360's at that point.

jlmadyson

Platinum Member
Aug 13, 2004
Originally posted by: chrisg22
Originally posted by: bigrash

$250 for a premium 360 I believe. There was an article a few days back on joystiq.

MS will definitely not announce an upgrade plan for broken 360s that are under warranty. There would be LOT of "broken" 360's at that point.

Yes, that is correct. You would fair better on Ebay more than likely, but I wasn't dealing with shipping and ebay fees.

Kirby64

Golden Member
Apr 24, 2006
I know that there wasn't too much interest in the Elite in this thread, but I see that at least one Target appears to have broken the street date. Anyone have any luck finding them, yet?

Yea, it seems as if some Wal-Marts have broken the street date as well. Also I heard that some Wal-Marts have started putting out the new black accessories as well, i.e., controllers, HDD and what not.

Microsoft stated they wouldn't release a black HDD because all black SKU's already came with the black HDD. Basicially, only controllers, play and charge kits, and headsets have black coloring available.

Don't get what the hoopla is about the black anyways, Xbox 360 has been black for awhile now. You just need a can of spray paint, some effort, some time, and patience. ;)

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Kirby64

Microsoft stated they wouldn't release a black HDD because all black SKU's already came with the black HDD. Basicially, only controllers, play and charge kits, and headsets have black coloring available.

Don't get what the hoopla is about the black anyways, Xbox 360 has been black for awhile now. You just need a can of spray paint, some effort, some time, and patience. ;)

Black is the new iPod White.