**OFFICIAL** Star Wars: The Old Republic Thread

Page 189 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Merad

Platinum Member
May 31, 2010
LMAO at today's Ctrl-Alt-Del!

cad-20120210-aaaba.png

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
I'm finding these "tales of the empty servers" very odd. Nothing like this on Shii-Cho: 50 and sub-50 warzones pop from morning to even 3am.

Don't know what to tell you, I wish I was making it up. Sat in the 50 queue from like 7-9:30 while doing dailies and got nothing. Switched to an alt and from 10pm - 1am got 4 queue pops, only one of which actually made it the full length.

I see they are working on cross-server queues which is nice. Hopefully it's soon.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
artifice is killing me... if there any way to farm specific color crystals?

I'm a dark-side sith, but it seems like when I send my companions out on color crystal missions, they come back with stacks of blues and greens.

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
Reading the following developer q&a improved my confidence that Bioware is listening:

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-feb-10th-2012

Perhaps in time the pvp can be salvaged.
Except for the fresh 50 experience (which the upcoming expertise effect flattening should fix), it's sort of great now, except for Ilum which isn't horrible but too zerg-oriented.

I realize some folks with emptier servers are praying for this, but cross-server queues sound like a horrible idea from where I am. People know who's going to be really annoying/tough to fight, who the healers on opposing premades are, what strats your PUG teammates are inclined to use and how you'll all coordinate, etc., already. That's server community stuff. One step forward, two steps back.

Last edited:

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
Oh I agree on your points. It's definitely a fresh change (coming from WoW Battlegroups) to see the people I pvp with on the Fleet and/or know through repeated matches the Empire I'm playing against. In a perfect world (aka more populated servers) you'd have active single server queues.

Sadly, for my server at least that just isn't happening. The 1-49 queue is stagnant at best, and the 50 queue is completely dead.

lupi

Lifer
Apr 8, 2001
artifice is killing me... if there any way to farm specific color crystals?

I'm a dark-side sith, but it seems like when I send my companions out on color crystal missions, they come back with stacks of blues and greens.

underworld trading but that's still random.

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
*Ziggystardust dances excitedly*

Thanks for rubbing in that PVP win this morning Ns1... :(

PSA: I am terrible at PvP.

KT

coloumb

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Interesting blog. Glad to see they aren't going to allow dual AC's. Dual Specs - I still don't think it's necessary.

Legacy system - I wish they'd be more clear about what their plans are.

PVP cross server queue's- hopefully they will be smart about it and try to match PVP servers with other PVP servers.

Ilum feels unfinished to me - it feels like they wanted to create an AV warzone, but didn't have time to finish it.

Those who think the PVP system needs to be salvaged - what exactly do you want [other than fixing the bugs]? Do you want the same style of pvp system that WoW offers? An RVR area?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
underworld trading but that's still random.
yeah... it's a shame that there doesn't seem to be a way outside of RNG to farm red color crystals (since, at least at level 25, that seems like all I'll be able to use as dark-side)

Ns1

No Lifer
Jun 17, 2001
*Ziggystardust dances excitedly*

Thanks for rubbing in that PVP win this morning Ns1... :(

PSA: I am terrible at PvP.

KT

Lol I rarely win civil war so that was a nice surprise. One and only game this morning too - amazing we met haha

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
Treasure Hunting will yield orange and yellow crystals for neutral-color saber parts. Either that or farm red nodes in the wild.

mattpegher

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2006
I just cant figure out PVP with my sith juggernaught. I tried tabing up the closest opponent then charging but they run away and I find myself chasing them while they fire at me. Worse yet in groups, I seem to be running around without my target in range. Hell, Im not even sure where my target went.
Any advice?

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
If you're tank spec, stay near a healer (or strong DPS if there isn't one) and guard him. Throw taunts at everyone to wreck their ability to kill your teammates. Spam your AOE slow to keep people off cap points. Be the guy holding the door or cap point solo/duo. In Huttball, use leap to move the ball around like crazy.

Note what was *not* on the above list: killing people. You should attack people to distract them from killing your team, or maybe help pile on to finish off a really low-health person nearby. But this is not your primary job in the least, and you certainly shouldn't be running around chasing targets.

Last edited:

KeithTalent

Elite Member | Administrator | No Lifer
Administrator
Nov 30, 2005
Lol I rarely win civil war so that was a nice surprise. One and only game this morning too - amazing we met haha

Yeah, amazing considering that was my first PvP nearly ever. We were very disorganized and awful though. Didn't help to have one guy yelling and cursing at the rest of the team in all caps. D:

Going to give it another shot in a bit.

KT

Sixguns

Platinum Member
May 22, 2011
So are you guys actually enjoying yourselves or are you just grinding away?

I picked it up last weekend and have been playing it nonstop all week. I hit level 22 yesterday and have having a lot of fun. Coming from WoW for nearly 5 years I really like the new pace of things.