***OFFICIAL*** Republican National Convention thread ***CONFIRMED***

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I am a writer. But I have ZERO political and military experience.

I could have written this speech in a few hours myself, and I am positive many others here could as well.

SIMPLE, for the simple-minded, empty, without any substance.

A demagogue whose priority are fear mongering, and PROMISES, PROMISES, PROMISES...without ever getting more specific. Primitive.

The US American peoples have become so easy, their standard so hideously low that they are now *accepting* someone as a nominee for prez on promises alone - something which I, you and probably anyone else wouldn't have a difficulty to do. It's a different story to actually propose convincing SOLUTIONS to problems.

A 12 year old can go around and promise to everyone "from January 20th we're restoring law and order", beat ISIS, fight terrorism, illegal immigration, cop violence, etc..etc..

A primitive, *cheap* speech.

All true, but it's still one of the best speeches that Trump has given. ;)

And it was actually a rare case of Trump actually giving a speech. He usually just rambles on stream of conscious, bloviating about promises that will never happen and ideas that are only ever barely formed.

This speech was just as empty on substance and real policy as he's always been, but it was brilliant in terms of pure politics. Attack Hillary where she is strong and stick to the script.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Jeeezzz Louise, it's apparent none of you have gone through getting family pictures made where the photographer places people in odd poses.

And Trump has also talked about wanting to fuck his daughter in no less than 3 public appearances.

So, there's that.

You know, words from his mouth. But it's the media's fault.

(still less creepy than Ted Cruz, though)

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Only a true pinko would try and regulate people's thoughts and speech. Are you a pinko, Shane?

We haven't had a president who was worth more than the powder to blow them to hell, since Reagan. JFK and Reagan are the two best presidents of my lifetime. Clinton could have been good, but he ended up being a philandering, raping sleaze bag. Yes the economy was good during Clinton, but you all must remember that both houses of congress were controlled by the Republicans and Newt Gingrich was a key cog in that success.

And to you guys saying shit about the way Donald holds his daughter...good gawd! I have similar poses with my own daughter and grand daughter. Maybe you kids weren't loved. Holy shit!

You have a very hilarious and misguided memory about history.

One of your favorite presidents of your lifetime was a treasonous piece of shit, and you think he was great?

Trump has told people that he wants to fuck his daughter. Do you want to fuck your daughter, too?

Media's fault though, right?

DrDoug

Diamond Member
Jan 16, 2014
Show me an exact quote. People can get so full of hate, during an election cycle, that they just make shit up. This is one of those times.

“Yeah, she’s really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father . . . ”
and

“It would be really disappointing — not really — but it would depend on what’s inside the magazine. I don’t think Ivanka would do that, although she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”
You were asking?

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
I successfully avoided watching the convention. Looking forward to doing the same next week when you Ds get your turn.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
"I AM YOUR VOICE".

Oh not your not.
I'm not a lier, a bigot, a psychopath, a lunatic, into incest, nor have I ever played golf.
And I never threatened to take away my child's trust fund if they did not say nice things about me in public.
And I never screwed a bunch of idiots at any national political convention.
Well, not lately... ;)

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Trump is simply blowing away the liberals this morning with the idea that he will in fact be president.

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
His shtick was old 16 years ago... it has just gotten boring, predictable, and stale... Get used to forming the mouth to say the words, Madame President...

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
The R on R fighting in my fb feed really took off the last 2 days.

I un friended a lot of people, just tired of the drama on FB, some I just tweaked the settings so I don't have to read it.

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
If you watched the entire acceptance speech like I did, you would know it was one of the best he has given. ...

It was. I found it amusing to see the regular leftys participating here in their own private little echo-chamber they have built, rather than seeing the obvious. The left, and establishment politicians in general, have fed Trump a tremendous amount of ammo over the past 30 years.

I believe Sanders would have crushed Trump, because Sanders was an outsider himself in many ways (or at least had that perception) and would have been able to attack Trump with some degree of veracity.

Hillary? She will justifiably be seen as a hypocrite, a liar, a crook, and an establishment hack all rolled into one. Everything she says is vetted by focus groups and professional writers first. Who knows what her real agendas are, other than enriching herself?

If Trump can keep that energy level and his topics on target, he will destroy her in November.

Feb 4, 2009
Agreed. I can tolerate a once a week fb politics post but the perpetual Trump, Bernie, Hillary or whatever 3rd party posters have to go. Same with the people who continually post vacation & kid pictures.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Why is this man YELLING at me? All of this yelling has changed him from orange to a red, sweaty mess.

His speech sure sounds like a whole lot of Big Government. Any Trump supporter who thinks he is a fiscal conservative Republican is delusional.

student loan debt
rebuild the military
crack down on deadbeat countries
veteran care

All without a single detail of how he is going to do it. He is going to completely rebuild the military...after cutting the budget and reducing taxes...lol!

Did Trump call for a religious theocracy?...

Police Chief Trump is going to protect LGBTQ community from ISIS? lol...How about protecting them from Republicans first?

Clinton has a "radical immigration policy" to create "mass lawlessness." LOL This is like a bad movie.

Trump can't possibly believe that he can deliver on even ten percent of all those promises. I've never seen that level of desperation before. It was stunning in it's dishonesty. He's going to build a wall. It's going to be made of the finest bullshit, and the first course was laid tonight.

shady28

Platinum Member
Apr 11, 2004
Here's a little reality from outside your echo-chamber. 75% of viewers saw it as positive to very positive. Only 24% viewed the speech negatively.

Cn8YKueWIAAf-ot.jpg

Effect on likelihood of voting for Trump :

Cn8dYUiW8AAkK2-.jpg

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Here's a little reality from outside your echo-chamber. 75% of viewers saw it as positive to very positive. Only 24% viewed the speech negatively.

Cn8YKueWIAAf-ot.jpg

Effect on likelihood of voting for Trump :

Cn8dYUiW8AAkK2-.jpg

Mmhmm, I wonder what percentage of those viewers were Republicans/conservatives...

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

The speech watchers almost certainly skewed heavily towards people who were already going to vote for him. That is in no way 'reality' and that should be obvious.

Speaking of things from outside the bubble, you would be well served to get out of your own bubble.