Official Playstation 5 thread

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I've never watched a Google IO day in my life. What's going on with the P5 anyway? I saw a quick take on Linus' channel about that a month back but couldn't figure out nor did I want to at the time, why they chose a lower end processor. The Pixels are neat, but I don't want bare Android.

I'd wait to see if they deliver some juicy variants before getting anything myself. I have a feeling, a good one, that both Hopper and RDNA3 going MCM is going to suck hard. I'm also confident that Cyberpunk is going to be lame and disappoint people. So much hype for this game...
I think it had to do with multiple times people complaining that they are paying 1k for a phone and not getting the same value out of the pixels compared to oneplus phones or other flagships. The goal of skimping on the processor was so that they can come in with the 90hz screen, 8gb ram, 128gb storage, 5g, and put the fingerprint sensor as well as a ultrawide camera in addition to the same camera that the pixel 4 has, for $699 vs the usual 1k each release.

I love stock Android myself, Samsungs in the past always felt bloated to me, they got slow later and the other variants I just didn't like the flavors of Android for their OS. Also not as quick android updates as the Google phones.

As for Cyberpunk I have faith in CD Project Red. I really enjoyed witcher 3 and can't see a reason why I wouldn't enjoy their latest creation.
Looks like $70 is the new price going forward for games (price of Demon Souls and Destruction Allstars).
Yea that sucks. I saw something related to this but based on EA games and well I never buy EA games so I didn't think much of it. Kind of disappointing to pay close to $75 per game now with tax going forward. More reason to just stick to PC too. I wonder why the price will vary.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Want there something else about not full compatibility for hardware? Like, you could use a PS4 controller on a PS4 game but not on a PS5 game? And what happened to the compatibility/digital offerings of PS3 and prior games? Is that still a thing?

Correct that is what I read as well. Ps4 peripherals work on PS4 titles only. I believe we will be ok to use a fight stick on a ps5 fighter though, if you are into that.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Meh I just got a disc version PS5 preorder in on Target online. Will decide later if I keep it.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I would not expect any PS3 BC.

Sony was offering some of their previous titles on their PSNow service but streaming is pretty bad for a majority of games. I don’t expect any os3 library titles to become digital downloads at all. Ps4 is probably easy and maybe a direct BC situation

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Meh I just got a disc version PS5 preorder in on Target online. Will decide later if I keep it.

Seems sold out everywhere already. People are complaining at GameStop on Facebook because some stores told them tomorrow but other people got it and they are now sold out.

I had to go to work so I didn’t have any chance at all to get one. Target seems out now too

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I preordered one at gamestop.com too.

They are up at best buy also but their site is having all sorts of issues.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I preordered one at gamestop.com too.

They are up at best buy also but their site is having all sorts of issues.
Yup same here. Best buy emailed me and I go to check and site threw all sorts of errors.

Damn it, they said tomorrow and stupid sites put them up earlier. I stepped away for a while and missed it completely.

Last edited:

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
Yup same here. Best buy emailed me and I go to check and site threw all sorts of errors.

Damn it, they said tomorrow and stupid sites put them up earlier. I stepped away for a while and missed it completely.

Friend of mine said go check local GameStop tomorrow. They might have done a limited preorder at the store level today but may be able to slide in a couple more tomorrow.

Didn’t even see anything from amazon

Saylick

Diamond Member
Sep 10, 2012
I wish y'all luck in being able to pre-order a PS5.

I personally am going to hold off on buying on this holiday season. I've got some PS4 games I still need to play / Platinum so that will tide me over until 2021 when the games I really want to play will come out. Then I'll get a PS5 and hopefully there will be more in stock by then.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Friend of mine said go check local GameStop tomorrow. They might have done a limited preorder at the store level today but may be able to slide in a couple more tomorrow.

Didn’t even see anything from amazon
Best buy site is up now with listings. Got one in my cart, just can't check out lol

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
@purbeast0 if you'd consider sliding one of those pre-orders over to me I'd much appreciate it. Frustrated I missed this despite constant presence online today :/

You can PM either way, I know these could be worth more.
I will let you know but chances are it's taken. I've had few friends already asking me about it lol.

Reactions: blckgrffn

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001

They sent me the email about 15 minutes after i had it in my cart lol.

cmdrdredd

Lifer
Dec 12, 2001
I guess another option is waiting for amazon to put them up if they ever do.

Yeah but if they don’t go live tonight I’m still gonna go to gamestop when they open and ask. Can’t hurt and like a friend of mine said, maybe they can slip in a couple more because they did say tomorrow. I don’t know how their allocations work but it’s possible that at the store level they were allowed to do so many today (I heard like 8-12) so maybe they will have more info tomorrow. Really don’t know.

blckgrffn

Diamond Member
May 1, 2003
www.teamjuchems.com
So, on the place my order screen now? Sigh.

And no longer available for shipping seriously, super frustrating. Can't believe I missed this.

Last edited: