Official Playstation 5 thread

Page 36 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
So I'm not a bad person if I knowingly sell you something broken and tell you it works great, knowing you'll have a hell of a time getting your money back?

you said evil.

you didn't say bad.

what are you actually trying to say here?

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
If you really think CDP are bad people doing evil things, then you are ever so blessed to have lived such a sheltered life.

Where did CDP sell me something broken after telling me it works great? Hmm? Please, enlighten me.

So you don't think it's evil to scam people. If you were someone who bought it to play on XBox One, XBox One S, PS4, or PS4 Slim you were someone sold something broken after CDPR's CEO said it was running surprisingly well.

Last edited:

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
you said evil.

you didn't say bad.

what are you actually trying to say here?

I was referring to a post about bad people doing evil things. If I scam someone that makes me a scammer. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Ah there it is. He's one of those people who thinks the game is trash and doesn't want anyone to enjoy it. There seem to be a lot of those when these big games come out.

And FWIW, I have absolutely no interest in CP2077 but wouldn't call it a bad game, since I have never played it.

I think it's trash on console. Have you not seen what this looks like on PS4 and XB1? It's in an unplayable state.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
I was referring to a post about bad people doing evil things. If I scam someone that makes me a scammer. I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

again, you're assuming that you know intent here (you don't), and arguing from what you believe are the facts in the matter, to call this a scam. None of us know that.

I think it's trash on console. Have you not seen what this looks like on PS4 and XB1? It's in an unplayable state.

You know, there are other consoles out there. The old generation is a very specific problem that, I don't think, translates to the current gen (which, again, both outperform my setup, so I only assume that the experience is better than what I already consider an excellent experience).

I'm wondering, have you experienced any of these issues personally? (not saying that you can't argue for others, but you seem hyperfocused on one part of this, trying to claim that it is representative of everything)

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
again, you're assuming that you know intent here (you don't), and arguing from what you believe are the facts in the matter, to call this a scam. None of us know that.

They publicly said the console versions work surprisingly well, hid the console versions from review, and the previous-gen console versions were completely broken. Kind of hard not to infer anything from those actions.

You know, there are other consoles out there. The old generation is a very specific problem that, I don't think, translates to the current gen (which, again, both outperform my setup, so I only assume that the experience is better than what I already consider an excellent experience).

I'm wondering, have you experienced any of these issues personally? (not saying that you can't argue for others, but you seem hyperfocused on one part of this, trying to claim that it is representative of everything)

No I haven't. There is no way I'd buy the game on current-gen console seeing how broken it was in the deep dive Digital Foundry did after launch. I also won't buy it on PC for a while because in streams I have watched the performance was terrible and the NPC AI looked to screw up a lot on 1.03 and 1.04.

Reactions: cmdrdredd

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
So you don't think it's evil to scam people. If you were someone who bought it to play on XBox One, XBox One S, PS4, or PS4 Slim you were someone sold something broken after CDPR's CEO said it was running surprisingly well.
Yes, because I, the average gamer, read up on investor calls for the games I am interested in buying.

You haven't shown me any scam yet.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I think at this point you all should create a new CP2077 thread. I keep getting notifications about the PS5 thread updating and it's nothing but talk about CP2077 and PS4 and X1.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I think at this point you all should create a new CP2077 thread. I keep getting notifications about the PS5 thread updating and it's nothing but talk about CP2077 and PS4 and X1.
There is one. I tried to derail the convo with the news of the new ps5 update that now can let you know what version of the game you are about to play (ps4 or ps5)..but I guess it wasn't seen.

Seems like a nice change forward for those backwards compatible games with Ps5 specific enhancements or ps5 versions.

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
A close friend/co-worker got a PS5 at launch from walmart.com for his son. Opened up today and it's dead. Never turned on or gave any indication of working. Since I didn't plan on getting one, I'm going to give mine to them. Hopefully his son can enjoy it over the holiday break. Not sure how long it takes Sony to turn around a replacement but I'm thinking it's going to be awhile.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
A close friend/co-worker got a PS5 at launch from walmart.com for his son. Opened up today and it's dead. Never turned on or gave any indication of working. Since I didn't plan on getting one, I'm going to give mine to them. Hopefully his son can enjoy it over the holiday break. Not sure how long it takes Sony to turn around a replacement but I'm thinking it's going to be awhile.

Always a concern being an early adopter of a new console. I guess one of the silver linings to the things being near impossible to find is I probably won't be able to get one until some of the kinks have been worked out.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I think Sony does do advanced rma's now. So they send you a system first and then you send yours back. At least that is what I've heard from people that had to warranty it.

Last edited:

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Always a concern being an early adopter of a new console. I guess one of the silver linings to the things being near impossible to find is I probably won't be able to get one until some of the kinks have been worked out.

wait, so why isn't Sony Evil Scammers for knowing that they released a console that has many kinks?

sorry, had to. :D

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
Ha, knew it. Order has shipped. Walmart seems to be behind... I haven't received an email yet. Their website says arrives by Wed while the Fedex tracking # says Monday. I tend to believe Fedex on this one.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Did they release a broken console with N64 graphics that they wouldn't let anyone review before release?

AH, I get it.

So, releasing content that breaks promises, disappoints, and simply doesn't work for a certain population of customers, putting them out $60, is specially evil, whereas putting out hardware that breaks promises (backwards compatibility jankiness, broken software: CoD; next gen graphic fanciness that isn't yet working universally), actually even flat out breaks under normal use for some people, inconsistent supply chain issues that actually result in a fundamental performance characteristic that will limit some devices compared to others (heat/noise/overall performance/life), which actually equally effects all possible customers for the product (in terms of general potential), and all they are asking for is 10x the cost to each consumer....is somehow "normal corporate behavior."

Me, I'm of the mind that they are not only the same issue, from any perspective, but also equally expected, if not also equally disappointing for all the same reasons/whatever--if you are going to jump in on first gen/first release content in this known world with all the known risks...yet again: caveat emptor! you literally signed the contract with that risk. ANd of course bear in mind that, pretty much all of these issues have very high chance and expectation from everyone (including most of those disappointed for whatever reason), of being addressed and fixed. At least, the potential is pretty good. Yet, strangely, many people very much enjoy these same products, even if they have experienced some of these issues to a certain degree. It's amazing how consumers can have such a wide perspective on this when just, well, thinking rationally under certain tolerances.

...I just can't rationalize why one is evil and the other is not, for the exact same thing.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
AH, I get it.

So, releasing content that breaks promises, disappoints, and simply doesn't work for a certain population of customers, putting them out $60, is specially evil, whereas putting out hardware that breaks promises (backwards compatibility jankiness, broken software: CoD; next gen graphic fanciness that isn't yet working universally), actually even flat out breaks under normal use for some people, inconsistent supply chain issues that actually result in a fundamental performance characteristic that will limit some devices compared to others (heat/noise/overall performance/life), which actually equally effects all possible customers for the product (in terms of general potential), and all they are asking for is 10x the cost to each consumer....is somehow "normal corporate behavior."

Me, I'm of the mind that they are not only the same issue, from any perspective, but also equally expected, if not also equally disappointing for all the same reasons/whatever--if you are going to jump in on first gen/first release content in this known world with all the known risks...yet again: caveat emptor! you literally signed the contract with that risk. ANd of course bear in mind that, pretty much all of these issues have very high chance and expectation from everyone (including most of those disappointed for whatever reason), of being addressed and fixed. At least, the potential is pretty good. Yet, strangely, many people very much enjoy these same products, even if they have experienced some of these issues to a certain degree. It's amazing how consumers can have such a wide perspective on this when just, well, thinking rationally under certain tolerances.

...I just can't rationalize why one is evil and the other is not, for the exact same thing.

God, just let it go. It's ridiculous the way you keep wanting to normalize CD Projekt Red's con job on previous gen buyers as if it's just ordinary everyday releasing of an unpolished game. If it was they wouldn't have been shamed into refunding the game. Go call me out in the Cyberpunk thread if you want to keep arguing about this crap.

Reactions: cmdrdredd

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
I think Sony does do advanced rma's now. So they send you a system first and then you send yours back. At least that is what I've heard from people that had to warranty it.

They aren’t doing advanced rma’s right now. They send out a box for packaging and then ship out a replacement once received.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I finally was able to put a little more time into gaming this weekend and beat the Tower Knight in Demon's Souls. Now I have 2 bosses beaten lol. Just the 2 on the first level.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I finally was able to put a little more time into gaming this weekend and beat the Tower Knight in Demon's Souls. Now I have 2 bosses beaten lol. Just the 2 on the first level.
I'm on world 5 in demon souls. Following fighting cowboy on YouTube he gives really nice walkthroughs for the game. I really wouldn't be enjoying the title as much if I didn't watch his walkthroughs. There's just too many things that you wouldn't figure out on your own to make the game easier if you've never played this series before.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I'm on world 5 in demon souls. Following fighting cowboy on YouTube he gives really nice walkthroughs for the game. I really wouldn't be enjoying the title as much if I didn't watch his walkthroughs. There's just too many things that you wouldn't figure out on your own to make the game easier if you've never played this series before.
Yeah I'm trying not to do any of that stuff but we'll see. I only play it like once a week so I'm progressing at a snails pace lol.

While the game is hard, I don't feel it's unfair or anything (at least not yet) so I like the challenge of it.