Official Playstation 5 thread

Page 100 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 27, 2020
My 10 foot screen I game on is plenty big lol.
Yeah but there is a certain immersion factor when viewing through a headset. I lock my door and feel pretty creeped out when watching movies with creepy scenes on my HTC Vive Flow headset. I wouldn't feel so uneasy no matter how big the screen in real life was. I guess it's the fear that someone or something in the real world may suddenly take hold of me at any moment.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Yeah but there is a certain immersion factor when viewing through a headset. I lock my door and feel pretty creeped out when watching movies with creepy scenes on my HTC Vive Flow headset. I wouldn't feel so uneasy no matter how big the screen in real life was. I guess it's the fear that someone or something in the real world may suddenly take hold of me at any moment.
My sound system blows any headphones out of the water so it is much more immersive than any headset/headphones can be for normal flat gaming. I've had my kids creep up on me while watching stuff and scared me, I don't need a headset for that lol.

I tried the flat stuff on PSVR and thought it was just dumb. It just looks like a big TV a few inches from your eyes. The resolution and blacks on PSVR suck though so it may be cooler on a better headset.

Jul 27, 2020
It just looks like a big TV a few inches from your eyes.
Didn't look that big to my eyes. Maybe 60 inches at most. My Vive Flow shows me something like 80 to 90 inches in size. The PSVR2 should be an improvement, theoretically but no idea. Didn't even check any reviews yet.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Didn't look that big to my eyes. Maybe 60 inches at most. My Vive Flow shows me something like 80 to 90 inches in size. The PSVR2 should be an improvement, theoretically but no idea. Didn't even check any reviews yet.
I am pretty sure you can adjust the size of the virtual screen.

SteveGrabowski

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2014
Yeah there is simply nothing close to a "system seller" for it and they really have nothing lined up that is as well.

I didn't get PSVR until well in it's life time, but still at that time there were still new killer apps coming out like Astrobot, Beat Saber, Moss, etc. Not to mention there were so many already AAA games out for it like RE7, Farpoint, and a bunch of other little indie games.

There is literally nothing like this on PSVR2 and it's pretty sad and pathetic. I was really excited for it and preordered it the minute it was available to preorder. But then like a week before launch, and seeing nothing was announced that I cared about, I canceled my preorder.
You have RE4 and RE8 but that's pretty much it. Though even if they start fully supporting PC VR I think it'll be a really tough sell.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
You have RE4 and RE8 but that's pretty much it. Though even if they start fully supporting PC VR I think it'll be a really tough sell.
I've already played RE8 in flat mode when it came out but would like to play it in VR at some point because of how good RE7 was in VR. But it won't be new to me and I know what to expect so that kinda made it "meh" to me.

I really dislike RE4 and have zero interest in playing that game.

JujuFish

Lifer
Feb 3, 2005
Sony coming out with good hardware but not supporting it with software? Shocking.

That said, I would consider a VR2 if it does fully support a PC because I have no desire to give Meta my money.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
My buddy who is a fan of Team Ninja games loves Rise of Ronin. He said it's exactly what he wanted and is a mix of Nioh and Wo Long.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
I beat Wo Long and played Nioh 1 and Nioh 2. I liked Wo Long but rise of ronin should be easier and more inviting to new players.

7 is average and doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad game. But I know personally the game does not have the same mechanics/combat as previous Team Ninja games so that is where a lot of the complaints are coming from.

That and the graphics and open world and presentation, Ghost of Tshushima did it better and the devs said they got their inspiration from that game.

My copy is here but not sure when I'll get to it. Probably will be playing dragons dogma 2 first.

sze5003

Lifer
Aug 18, 2012
Played the demo of stellar blade and I like the combat there more than in Rise or Ronin. I can actually get the parry maneuver down each time and the boss fights were pretty cool. The game also looks really good and plays super smooth. Looking forward to getting it in April.

I'm enjoying Rise of the Ronin but I don't understand why I suck so bad at the combat. I did beat Wo Long and Lies of P but this game has an even tighter parry window. Actually it's the challenging combat that it has going for it outside the open world aspect which I feel ghost of Tshushima presented better.

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
I tried the demo yesterday and it's just not for me. It's just way too anime for me personally and I don't like the music that plays during the game. The gameplay was alright but something about the controls just felt off overall. I got bored after like 20 minutes and just cut it off.

The platforming really could use some help in the control department. It's just not clean enough to be able to make tiny small precise movements. Even when I found that first save point it was hard to just go from the upgrade path kiosk thing to the shop. Like just turning that little was not trivial lol.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
Well I'm still playing Rebirth. 92 hours and I still haven't completed the main scenario yet, lolz.

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010
Jeez. This doesn't bode well for when I ever pick up this game. Having kids is brutal! Witcher 3+DLC took me about 2 years!

I have done a lot of the side quests, but not all. There is a lot to do. Seems plat (or something approaching it) is like 200+.

What's interesting is that they stuck to the original story for the most part. I was thinking they would deviate much more.

Reactions: RearAdmiral