Official NHL playoffs 2012 thread

Page 20 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
Flyers should just pull their goalie. Seriously, get an extra skater on the ice and see if that helps.

PClark99

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
damn what desperation will bring out of a team.

its been an interesting series so far and its far from over.

Wordplay

Golden Member
Jun 28, 2010
Damn you work.

I'm more dissapointed that I'm missing this game then I will be missing the Wings game coming up

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
I wonder if this score is about to open the flood gates to Shanahan's worst nightmare.

It almost seems as if the flyers are lethargic and don't care at this point. I think it being a little bit closer for awhile longer might encourage more fighting. Unless the Pens start showing off or something.

PClark99

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
Been a Flyers fan for almost 40 yrs, I can't ever remember a stretch of games quite as crazy as this.

Bryz better stop the bleeding in Game 5.

PClark99

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
Even though my team is getting beat, I have to say I find the score hilarious.

BrokenVisage

Lifer
Jan 29, 2005
Even though my team is getting beat, I have to say I find the score hilarious.

Same here lol. The Flyers are my #1 squad in any sport but thanks to the 3-1 games lead we'll still have after this I'm able to laugh the score off a bit. But still, Bryz needs to step it up.

I can't help but think how different things might have been if Pronger were playing. But no, here we go with Darren Hatcher 2.0 already.

Last edited:

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
This is one of the most bizarre hockey games I've ever watched. My team is getting crushed, but I can't look away from the wreck.

Cuda1447

Lifer
Jul 26, 2002
I understand they don't want brawls... but jesus christ NHL, there is a fine line. They are throwing guys out of games for barely ANYTHING now. Absolutely huge overreactions. I hope this is only happening because this game is soooo far out of hand. If this were a remotely close game and players were being thrown out like this I would be PISSED.

This has, in my opinion, been some of the most entertaining playoffs in years. I'm alright with the limiting some of the cheaper shots, but the hits and the fights and teh scrums and jawing in between whistles has made these playoffs EXCITING!

sjwaste

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2000
That's BS on Cooke what he do?

He held Kubina's stick. This game is over and the last game was a mess, so the combination of those means anyone doing anything to agitate the opponent is going to get tossed. The refs want to keep control of it.