***OFFICIAL*** Minority Report ROCKS!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
the only thing about the balls did anyone feal like it was your State Looto Drawing? Check your tickets!!! you might be a winner!

PS thumbs up go see it!

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: EXman
the only thing about the balls did anyone feal like it was your State Looto Drawing? Check your tickets!!! you might be a winner!

PS thumbs up go see it!
Actually that's the first thing I thought about in the opening ball sequence!!!

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
Originally posted by: chrisjor
Hah...in 2054 I will still be waiting for that UPS ground package to be delivered!!!!

Is this better than Time Cop? I hope so. Was that Arnold or Jean Claude?

its nothing like time cop. time cop was a pos anyways. this is gold compared to time cop:p

i'm gonna watch it for the 2nd time tommrow:) err well today technically. hehe

neovan

Diamond Member
Mar 8, 2001
Just came back from watching it and thought that it was a pretty good movie.

Omegachi

Diamond Member
Mar 27, 2001
oh man guys, i think this is one of the best movie i have ever seen. i loveddd it.

i recommand everyone to see it in the theaters.

Digobick

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: bmacd
movie=suck

don't waste your money seeing this one unless you get a student discount on top of the matinee pricing. It's a looong movie (about 2 hours, but it's sloooowww) with only a couple special effects that look like they are directly from The Matrix. I wish i saw the Bourne Identity instead. Ugh!!! What a waste.

-=bmacd=-

Hmm, the movie must've gone fast for you then because it's actually 2.6 hours long (2hrs 36min). Btw, what exactly did you not like about the movie? I'm guessing you haven't even seen it yet.

LikeLinus

Lifer
Jul 25, 2001
bmacd must be smokin something. Minority Report was awesome. It was better than Bourne Identity (which is good in it's own right).

I liked the ending and generally everything about it. The special effects were nice. Good story

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
OK, I'm going at the 1:20 showing today...3 more hours. I'm a cheap bastard and I ain't paying that high fee for the night showing:D

neomits

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
Going to the 4pm showing myself.... I'm taking your guys' word for this (JK I was going to see it anyway) :)

LordJezo

Banned
May 16, 2001
Originally posted by: bmacd
movie=suck

don't waste your money seeing this one unless you get a student discount on top of the matinee pricing. It's a looong movie (about 2 hours, but it's sloooowww) with only a couple special effects that look like they are directly from The Matrix. I wish i saw the Bourne Identity instead. Ugh!!! What a waste.

-=bmacd=-

Slow?! When I got out of the movie I was shocked that I was in there for so long! The time flew by!

Don't listen to this guy. Go see it!

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
I JUST GOT BACK!!!! OMG, that movie OWNED ON SO MANY LEVELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A movie that actually makes you THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And hell no it wasn't too long or slow!!! Excellent pacing

Excellent movie. Whoever said it sucked should be shot!!:D

neomits

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
Ok just got back from seeing it. GREAT GREAT MOVIE

The future is going to be one great place :) But I do agree with whoever said that it should be more like 100 years. I don't see THAT much progress in some aspects (like jetpacks and those vehicles they flew around in) but the computers and virtual reality yeah I can see it so maybe more like 70 years.

As far as length it kinda felt long to me (but not bad long) because there were like 3 points in the movie where it felt like it could end or might end. That just made it seem long but each new part that opened up I loved SO GREAT

SPOILER***********

One part I didn't understand or catch was.. Why did the old guy have to kill the precog's mom? I didn't catch that part? I think I just missed it or couldn't hear it.
Otherwise everything was well explained

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
**SPOILER**

One part I didn't understand or catch was.. Why did the old guy have to kill the precog's mom? I didn't catch that part? I think I just missed it or couldn't hear it.
Otherwise everything was well explained

From what I understand, the Agatha was sort of a crack baby or something, but in the process of treatment, the creator of the PreCog system realized that she was special. But Burgess knew that once Agatha's mother (Ann Lively) got off her addiction that she would want Agatha back so he devised a "plan" to reunite Ann Lively and then trick her and kill her. Burgess couldn't have his precog system without Agatha since she was the most gifted.

How he did it was to have someone FAKE the murder of Ann Lively then have the PreCog cops come and pick that dude up. Then while they were hauling his ass off, Burgess walks up and tries to console the mom. Once the coast was clear, he pulls up the ski mask and then proceeds to drown Ann Lively in the same manner that the other guy did so that the PreCog "recover" people would think that it was a hiccup in the system and that the PreCogs were just seeing recycled images of a past murder. Hence, Burgess gets away with murder and keeps Agatha.

I hope I have that right :D

**MORE SPOILERS**

BTW, I loved the little jokes and funny moments thrown in through the movie. My two favorites:

1) The couple is fighting when the spiders come and they stop when the spiders check their ID, then go back to arguing after the spiders finish. "I know you was out with that hoe!!" :D BUAHAH:)

2) When John is watching the video of his wife and she's trying to get him to come to bed. She keeps telling him to put the camera down and come to bed and he refuses. Then she says "If you don't put the camera down, you aren't getting anything tonig--" and the camera goes dead. CLASSIC! :D

neomits

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2001
ok thanks..... I just didn't think about... oh yeah she might want her daughter back DUH

fatbaby

Banned
May 7, 2001
From what I understand, the Agatha was sort of a crack baby or something, but in the process of treatment, the creator of the PreCog system realized that she was special. But Burgess knew that once Agatha's mother (Ann Lively) got off her addiction that she would want Agatha back so he devised a "plan" to reunite Ann Lively and then trick her and kill her. Burgess couldn't have his precog system without Agatha since she was the most gifted.

How he did it was to have someone FAKE the murder of Ann Lively then have the PreCog cops come and pick that dude up. Then while they were hauling his ass off, Burgess walks up and tries to console the mom. Once the coast was clear, he pulls up the ski mask and then proceeds to drown Ann Lively in the same manner that the other guy did so that the PreCog "recover" people would think that it was a hiccup in the system and that the PreCogs were just seeing recycled images of a past murder. Hence, Burgess gets away with murder and keeps Agatha.

I hope I have that right

j00 are correct. Then tom noticed that the ripples in the water were different in the precogs' images and that guy had to kill tom..

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
just got back from seeing both lilo and stitch and minority report:)

both awesome of course:) this was my 2nd minority report viewing so i saw more cameos. cameron crow and cameron diaz in the bus. u only see half her face but its def her:) and well lucy liu(i mean lisa ling;) ) we obvious even the first time.

now that you've seen minority report, go watch lilo! its not only for kids at all, hell its less kiddy then shrek, not that i liked shrek:p the animation is beautiful. especially compared to the cr@p @ss trailers for nickalodean low budget cr@p animation that came before it. colors nice nad bright, they don't break into song really, and the voice actresses/actresses are well done. nice water colors, cg, and some decent comedy:) and yes the storys also well done:) disneys finally back from all the fuxoring:)

Nefrodite

Banned
Feb 15, 2001
yea this time around i noticed more lexuses. u know that people mover thing that he arrives home in? yes it says lexus on the right front wheel? cover. the governement investigator arrives at andertons wifes house in a grey lexus coupe. and of course tom has the red lexus. not sure what the 4 wheel drive truckish thing the investigators arrived at the lexus factory was though.. i missed that one.

apparently in the future all cars are lexus:)

and japanese vehicles are still made in america haha;)

prontospyder

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Catched the 3PM showing today...it was a pretty good movie...lot's of twists, suspense and good special effects. Loved the gadgets and cars....but the future would be pretty freaky if it was like that.

Anyway, I still thought Spider-Man was more enjoyable though. :)

THELAIR

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
the cyber reality place reminded me of Quarks on DS9 and that Rufus guy as a ferengi

i cant wait till i can shot my boss at work in VR
:)