** OFFICIAL**Is this just a phenomenon that happens here in Oregon or...**CONFIRMED**

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Do all people that own BMW's drive 5-10 miles an hour UNDER the speed limit EVERYWHERE??! :confused::disgust:

Howard

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
No, my friend does 140km/h on a 60km/h road in his BMW.

EDIT: Not when there are cars around.

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
If you drive the actual speed limit then you are creating more pollutants which is very bad for the precious trees.

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Wingznut
If you drive the actual speed limit then you are creating more pollutants which is very bad for the precious trees.

AHHH THAT explains it...

Actually I'm a bit of a tree lover myself, BUT I GO THE DAMN SPEED LIMIT!

Wingznut

Elite Member
Dec 28, 1999
Originally posted by: Brutuskend

AHHH THAT explains it...

Then, obviously, you hate trees.

Imdmn04

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2002
Well maybe its because life in Oregon is so boring that it is worthwhile to drive slow since there aint nothing better to do.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: Imdmn04
Well maybe its because life in Oregon is so boring that it is worthwhile to drive slow since there aint nothing better to do.

It's not boring here at all. :) If you've ever been here and were with someone who actually knew what they were doing, you'd think differently.

gosstech

Apr 20, 2001
No, its Eugene, OR. Almost everybody drives slow there. I think its the only place in America where people drive below the speed limit.

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003

AHHH THAT explains it...

5-10 mph under the speed limit will NOT affect your trip ETA in the slightest

badmouse

Platinum Member
Dec 3, 2003
Wow, there are people who drive below the speed limit? They'll never survive in New Jersey.

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Well, I like most of Oregon, just not everything. Too many bad memories here, though. I wonder if Excelsior would want to trade places. :p

Brutuskend

Lifer
Apr 2, 2001
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt
Well, I like most of Oregon, just not everything. Too many bad memories here, though. I wonder if Excelsior would want to trade places. :p

I take it you have never BEEN to N.C. ;)

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000
Originally posted by: FFMCobalt

I take it you have never BEEN to N.C. ;)

Should I have been?