***Official Hell's Kitchen with Gordon Ramsay thread***

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003
Originally posted by: yllus
LOL, overruled. Game-players don't win on this show!
LOL

I think he was a bigger ass overall last season. But he's always a biggest ass in the beginning of every season.

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
These guys suck a lot more compared to last season. I sure as hell wouldn't want to risk eating in any of their restaurants :eek:

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003
Originally posted by: PaulNEPats
These guys suck a lot more compared to last season. I sure as hell wouldn't want to risk eating in any of their restaurants :eek:
I agree. Last season's chefs were much better than this season. None of these people are standouts unless it's for how much they are inept.

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
I can't imagine any one of them running a reasturant, I think he should fire them all and start over. Really makes me wonder how they picked people for this show, I mean come on that asian guy and the little handicaped dude were just a joke. And the rest of them would be doing good to hold a job at a golden corral or a waffle house.

To me the total lack of talent ruins the show, have we really sunk that low as a society that we want to watch William Hung on AI or these fools make a mockery of fine cuisine? I guess the producers of the show think so.

I'll admit I'm guilty as the rest, I can't seem not to watch the show. People love a train wreck, and I guess I'm no different:(
<<Waiting for the next season of the Simple Life:eek:

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003
Originally posted by: GuitarDaddy
I can't imagine any one of them running a reasturant, I think he should fire them all and start over. Really makes me wonder how they picked people for this show, I mean come on that asian guy and the little handicaped dude were just a joke. And the rest of them would be doing good to hold a job at a golden corral or a waffle house.

To me the total lake of talent ruins the show, have we really sunk that low as a society that we want to watch William Hung on AI or these fools make a mockery of fine cuisine? I guess the producers of the show think so.

I'll admit I'm guilty as the rest, I can't seem not to watch the show. People love a train wreck, and I guess I'm no different:(
<<Waiting for the next season of the Simple Life:eek:
The Simple Life? You deserve to be smacked.

paulxcook

Diamond Member
May 1, 2005
I assume the producers pick the contestants. If that is so, they need to be fired. Ramsey completely losing his cool is only part of the draw. I'd much prefer to see the teams succeed SOMETIME. So far every night has been a disaster, and while a trainwreck is cool at first, watching it over and over again gets old.

The producers should have picked a few losers as screaming fodder, a few underdogs, and a few truly competent, believable chefs-in-training that could handle their own kitchen. These contestants couldn't handle working at McDonalds.

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
Originally posted by: SmoochyTX[/i]
The Simple Life? You deserve to be smacked.

:laugh:

Come on, who wouldn't want to watch the girls as camp counselors. Bestowing their vast wisdom in the ways of life upon America's less fortunate youth:D

They may need to make a glamorous exit from county jail one day

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
You guys have to remember, we only see them in the kitchen for what, 15 minutes out of a 2-3 hour dining service? Of course they are only going to show us the bad/entertaining parts of it. Like htey will show some bad stuff, then all of a sudden the announcer is like "with 15 minutes left in dining service, the blue team has managed to get all but 4 entrees out" ... then they will show them screw up on the last 4 entrees. What fun would it be watching them just cook food? We want to see drama!!

I think these people have more talent then they are making us believe due to the editing job.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Poor Rock, haha. I don't think he could have more useless teammates.

Rock and Jen in the finals, I think.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Frickin' DONKEY can't cook lamb.

He loads the crap out of a pan that isn't hot enough. Well no crap it's going to bleed out and won't be cooked properly.

Rock was dead on - "dude, that pan isn't hot enough".

SmoochyTX

Lifer
Apr 19, 2003
Originally posted by: spidey07
Frickin' DONKEY can't cook lamb.

He loads the crap out of a pan that isn't hot enough. Well no crap it's going to bleed out and won't be cooked properly.

Rock was dead on - "dude, that pan isn't hot enough".
:thumbsup:

I still can't believe that Bonnie is there though.

shopbruin

Diamond Member
Jul 12, 2000
we are down to the final 2:

rock and bonnie.

i have no idea why bonnie is here. i felt kinda bad for jen.

AlgaeEater

May 9, 2006
Bonnie is TV friendly and has a good personality. Rock is there for obvious reasons that he has talent.

I've seen weirder things in my day, but this should go to Rock unless he screws up royal. I think Jen was tossed due to the fact that she failed QC again, and that first incident with taking something out of the garbage is basically come in full circle to haunt her.

Truth be told, nothing was more intense than Michael and Ralph on the first season though. (I think his name was Michael)

Reckoner

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Bonnie reminds me of the runner-up from last season. On the chopping block several times, has a pretty face, and a good "palette."

Even though Rock can be an ass, I'd like to see him win because he works his ass off.

GenHoth

Platinum Member
Jul 5, 2007
Bonnie FTW! I called Jen getting eliminated at the beginning of the episode. Rock is probably the best Chef there, but I think it would be great TV if bonnie won. Ha!

CPA

Elite Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: indamixx99
Did you see the preview for the new kitchen reality show starting in the Fall on Fox? Chef Ramsey is the host and he's gotta rate kitchens. Something like that... Looks lame to me though. Ah good ol Fox and their reality shows on almost anything. Do they have one on midgets yet? I would like to see that!

Also, *happy that Aaron is out*

Isn't the midget reality show on TLC or Bravo or some cable channel?

BTW, this is the second week in a row that the person who won the individual challenge was bounced. I thought that was interesting. oh, and barring a major meltdown, Rock should win hands down.

Feb 10, 2000
It is odd Bonnie made it over Jen. Rock is clearly the best competitor and has been for some time IMO. Unless he royally screws up at the end, this is his contest to lose.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Bonnie would freak and pass out if she was handed a restaurant (which, granted, the winners don't really get anyways). Rock would be fine in such a situation. It should have been a Jen/Rock finale, but oh well.

I'm always amused by Rock's interview segments and the way he refers to himself in the third person. :)

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
Man with this show and Rescue Me, this summer's TV selection has not been too shabby at all :)

I hope that Rock wins but I wouldn't be disappointed if Bonnie wins either.

You guys also have to remember that regardless what we actually see on TV, it's all edited to make the characters look a certain way.

EDIT:

and is next weeks episode the Finale and is it 2 hours like usual? I don't recall on the previews they said anything about it being the finale OR being 2 hours long.

Kwaipie

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2005
Originally posted by: Kwaipie, 06/05/2007 10:46 AM
Part of being an executive chef is having people to follow you.
1. There is no crying in Hell's Kitchen
2. I wouldn't follow Eddie to Toys-R-Us, how does he ever expect people to follow him?

Prediction: Rock will win

I worry about Rock's overconfidence, he clearly has more talent and experience and in the end, that seems to be more important to Gordo.

The biggest surprise this year was Julia who stunned me with her education on the show. I hope she comes back after culinary school. She showed her ability to know what the customer wants twice during the season.

Bonnie, like last year's finale, is a pretty face with some natural ability in the kitchen, I imagine Ramsey will give her an internship at one of his restaurants.

In the end, Rock will win.