**OFFICIAL HALF LIFE 2 THREAD** - KEEP ALL THE HALF LIFE CHATTER IN HERE GUYS!!

Page 25 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

rwmega

Aug 6, 2004
Half Life: Source and Day of Defeat: Source Question???

If I purchase the standard release in stores how can I get these programs at a later date? Are they downloadable. I loved DOD and would like to play the Original HL:Source but don't need them right away.

clicknext

Banned
Mar 27, 2002
Originally posted by: rwmega
Half Life: Source and Day of Defeat: Source Question???

If I purchase the standard release in stores how can I get these programs at a later date? Are they downloadable. I loved DOD and would like to play the Original HL:Source but don't need them right away.

So far, you can't. Currently the only purchase methods are the Silver or Gold package if you want to play DOD:S and HL1:S.

sswingle

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2000
Im sure there will be a multiplayer aspect besides CS. Probably will be like the original half life multiplayer.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: ScottSwingleComputers
Im sure there will be a multiplayer aspect besides CS. Probably will be like the original half life multiplayer.

Eventually, I'm sure... but Valve has already said that the multiplayer component would be Counter Strike.

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004

Too bad it still has to be unlocked on the 16th to play! :|

For some reason, my friend got two copies of the game from Sony because they are taking a long ass time to repair his camera.. we were both so excited at the chance to play it early, but then all it did was set up a steam account and say "Once the game is officially released you'll be able to play immediately" like it does anyway :|

rwmega

Aug 6, 2004
Well I hope you can get them separatley soon because I just can't validate spending $90 in one crack on a game. Even if it is Half Life 2 - Possibly the greatest game ever!

- Signed Thrifty McStingy

XBoxLPU

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2001
You are much better off spending $5 more buying the Silver package off steam ( which has DOD:S and HL:S ) then the retail package which only has HL2 and CS:S

Maximus96

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
Originally posted by: XBoxLPU
You are much better off spending $5 more buying the Silver package off steam ( which has DOD:S and HL:S ) then the retail package which only has HL2 and CS:S

yup, that was the reason why i finally caved in and bought the silver package. no tax too.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
WTF!!!!

Ok, I just called Best Buy and they said they have it.

I'M ON A MISSION!!!!!!!!!BRB

Algere

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: warcrow
WTF!!!!

I want details if/when you get it.

Maximus96

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
WTF!!!!

go give them hell. and report back right away.

Maximus96

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
details b!tch! what the hell happened? (take no offense, i'm overly excited about this game)

mb

Lifer
Jun 27, 2004
What did I just say?
IT HAS TO BE UNLOCKED ON THE 16TH.
My friend has two retail copies, both worthless until the 16th.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: zaku
details b!tch! what the hell happened? (take no offense, i'm overly excited about this game)

lol ok ok..here are the details.

- I call BB just incase they might have it on shelves.
- Grab digital cam to snag pics if said statement is true.
- Go to BB.
- Check shelves for game, and cannot find it.
- Flag down BB worker and ask them if they ahve the game.
- Dipsh!t doesnt even know WTF HL2 is (die!), but looks it up in the computer.
- Shelf date reads "11/16/04". I saw it with my own eyes.
- Pimp faced kid looks at me, wipes nose and says, "dude....it doesnt come out till the 16th".
- I cry.

Feb 10, 2000
Too bad, but it wouldn't have worked anyway, I don't think. Valve seems to have succeeded at using Steam to lock the game until its authorized release date. We're getting close anyway . . .

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: DonVito
Too bad, but it wouldn't have worked anyway, I don't think. Valve seems to have succeeded at using Steam to lock the game until its authorized release date. We're getting close anyway . . .

Yea, but I wanted to take pictures and stuff :p

naruto1988

Golden Member
Jun 27, 2004
oh god, i wanna play HL2!! it's a tuesday...meaning school...then i have martial arts...that means i won't be able to play until 6:00 pm! noooooo

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001

Aww Don't sweat it Warcrow.

Everyone in this thread knows your THE MAN!!!
:thumbsup:

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: thatsright

Aww Don't sweat it Warcrow.

Everyone in this thread knows your THE MAN!!!
:thumbsup:

Cheers! :beer:

NYHoustonman

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2002
Originally posted by: naruto1988
oh god, i wanna play HL2!! it's a tuesday...meaning school...then i have martial arts...that means i won't be able to play until 6:00 pm! noooooo

I have a few options. I can stay up all night gaming (after midnight), or go to bed early and play some in the morning (more likely, honestly). From there, I can either go to college or not... I COULD just skip CE, but then I KNOW I wouldn't bother leaving the apartment for English, so it'd be both or nothing. I'll probably end up going to class with no focus whatsoever... I want to savor this game anyway :).

Oct 19, 2000
Just got done reading the final hours of HL2 story over at Gamespot. At 25 pages, I think I spent well over a half hour reading it. Nice read indeed, as I recommend anyone with a little time to go all the way through it.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Originally posted by: blurredvision
Just got done reading the final hours of HL2 story over at Gamespot. At 25 pages, I think I spent well over a half hour reading it. Nice read indeed, as I recommend anyone with a little time to go all the way through it.

I'm actually reading it right now. Very interesting read!