**OFFICIAL HALF LIFE 2 THREAD** - KEEP ALL THE HALF LIFE CHATTER IN HERE GUYS!!

Page 23 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

imported_chrisbtx

Jun 8, 2004
Originally posted by: zodder
Will Steam folks be able to play at 12:01 am? :)

In the LINK provided by clicknext earlier in the thread, your question is answered... I live in central time (GMT -6), so it won't be unlocked for me until 2 am (even worse for east coast)... I'm not stayin up that late. :|

Oh well, guess since I've waited patiently enough for the past 1+ year(s?), I can afford to wait a few hours longer....

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: chrisbtx

In the LINK provided by clicknext earlier in the thread, your question is answered... I live in central time (GMT -6), so it won't be unlocked for me until 2 am (even worse for east coast)... I'm not stayin up that late. :|

Oh well, guess since I've waited patiently enough for the past 1+ year(s?), I can afford to wait a few hours longer....

This has NOT been confirmed by VU or Valve.

imported_chrisbtx

Jun 8, 2004
Originally posted by: royaldank
Originally posted by: chrisbtx

This has NOT been confirmed by VU or Valve.

Well then... my eyes suck. I've missed important parts of quite a few things I've read in the past few days... knowing VU, that's most likely how it's going to end up happening though....

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
I agree. It would be nice if they would verify it.

Also, there is a lot of talk about HL2 multiplayer. A Half Life 2 game server has popped up a couple times now. When you try to join, it says 'Only Beta Testers' allowed. Strange stuff.

Oh well. Next week if fine with me. I can't wait to play, but I've got a couple other games to hold me over till we finally get it.

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
Hi Guys.

What I plan on doing is just buy a retail copy of HL2. But I would like to try out the 'Stress Test' to see how my Vid card would handle the game.

Where/How can I get this stress test?

royaldank

Diamond Member
Apr 19, 2001
Originally posted by: thatsright
Hi Guys.

What I plan on doing is just buy a retail copy of HL2. But I would like to try out the 'Stress Test' to see how my Vid card would handle the game.

Where/How can I get this stress test?

Buy HL2 off steam, open up Counter Strike, and then run the video stress test.

thatsright

Diamond Member
May 1, 2001
Hmmm........ Is there anyway to use the stress test without getting the game off Steam? I ask this as I have a $50 gift card to Best Buy, so I'm gonna use it then.

Also, anyone know what the Retail price will be for the game?

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: thatsright
Hmmm........ Is there anyway to use the stress test without getting the game off Steam? I ask this as I have a $50 gift card to Best Buy, so I'm gonna use it then.

Also, anyone know what the Retail price will be for the game?
No way to stress test at the moment unless you purchase HL2 from Steam. So you'll just have to wait till early next week when you buy it from retail. Price for the game will be $50 for the standard edition, which is just HL2 and CS:S. $80 will buy you a collector's edition with a bunch of extra crap.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: warcrow
5 DAYS!! Its less than a week, aaaaah the anticipation is killing me!!! :p

You're excited huh? :D

BTW, I wanted to tell you, that girl you posted in the "What's Better Than Vodka" thread.... Wow. :Q

Algere

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Nebor
Originally posted by: warcrow
5 DAYS!! Its less than a week, aaaaah the anticipation is killing me!!! :p

You're excited huh? :D

BTW, I wanted to tell you, that girl you posted in the "What's Better Than Vodka" thread.... Wow. :Q
*Off to the "What's Better Than Vodka" thread...*

placebo139

Golden Member
Jun 25, 2001
bah, i gave in and bought it off of steam. the nice silver package for $10 more was simply too irresistable.

Maximus96

Diamond Member
Nov 9, 2000
i bet he feels worse than us, to have the actual box, cds and everything inside and not able to play.