**OFFICIAL HALF LIFE 2 THREAD** - KEEP ALL THE HALF LIFE CHATTER IN HERE GUYS!!

Page 16 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

CubicZirconia

Diamond Member
Nov 24, 2001
Originally posted by: pkananen
looks like its gold guys.

gamespot.com rumor control

0/10 on the linking

Edit:

From Gamespot:

"What we heard: Ever since the release candidate for Half-Life 2 was submitted to VU Games in mid-September, a piñata has hung in the lobby of Valve's headquarters. The plan: to bust the sucker open when the game achieved gold status. Earlier today, GameSpot learned from an informed sourced that "the piñata has been broken" and the game has gone gold. Further evidence of the game's completion was a press release issued this afternoon touting the first review of "the entire game." Though nothing official has been announced yet, it appears the fat lady is at last clearing her throat."

click here

MidasKnight

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2004
Bought the Collectors edition for my 16yr old son. He gets great grades and is a great son. He deserves it.

Modeps

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
Originally posted by: MidasKnight
Bought the Collectors edition for my 16yr old son. He gets great grades and is a great son. He deserves it.

:thumbsup:
<rockon>

Slogun

Platinum Member
Jul 4, 2001
Gee, I thought I'd be able to buy something akin to the silver or gold editions in a B &amp; M, but it looks (by what's been posted here) that I'm mistaken.

XBoxLPU

Diamond Member
Aug 21, 2001
Originally posted by: Slogun
Gee, I thought I'd be able to buy something akin to the silver or gold editions in a B &amp; M, but it looks (by what's been posted here) that I'm mistaken.

The Regular Retail Edition = Bronze Package on Steam

Activision has distribution rights to DoD so only them can put out a Retail Box edition. So that is why there is no "Sliver" like retail edition. And thus why the CE edition doesnt include at least Dod:S

Oct 19, 2000
Originally posted by: Modeps
Originally posted by: MidasKnight

:thumbsup:
<rockon>
Nice :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You are a kickass dad :D. (I bet you want to play it too, though, don't ya? ;))

XNice

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2000
Originally posted by: warcrow
I'm pretty sure it all goes to valve, thats why vivendi is so oppossed to Steam. This is one of the reasons I bought it via Steam, to support valve.

same here... Let's get an AT server!

I played cs from .5-1.4, then 1.6- CZ. Source is fcking hot, just cant wait till its "final".

Anyone got bots to work on retail source, i've seen illegal version run em fine, stupid....but fine. Still, I want bots! People are playing way too serious right now and i cant look around like a noob and look at all the pretty things.

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
10/18/04 HL2 GONE GOLD!!!

ITS FINALLY HAPPENED GUYS!!!!

LOS ANGELES (October 18, 2004) Vivendi Universal Games (VU Games) today announced that Half-Life® 2, the sequel to one of the most critically acclaimed PC titles in gaming history, will ship to retail outlets around the world in November. The Company confirmed that Half-Life 2, developed by Valve Software, has gone gold with a planned retail street date of November 16, 2004. The countdown to the highly anticipated retail street date has begun around the world, as VU Games completes plans to ship localized versions of Half-Life 2 simultaneously in English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Traditional and Simplified Chinese, Korean, Thai and Japanese.

Half-Life 2 has surpassed our expectations in every sense its high-quality graphics, ground-breaking physics and immersive first-person shooter gameplay set a new standard for PC action games, said Bruce Hack, CEO of VU Games. Half-Life 2 will go down as one of the best-selling PC titles, and we are thrilled to deliver this ground-breaking title to the worldwide gaming community this fall.

Source

warcrow

Lifer
Jan 12, 2004
Oh, and BTW....the bad news is the official release date it Nov. 16th! :(

BTW, November is going to be the BEST MONTH EVAR!!

Killrose

Diamond Member
Oct 26, 1999
So now that it has gone GOLD, how long before STEAM users will get the final encryption? Could'nt that happen today or tommorrow?