Official Forza Motorsport 3 Thread - Game is OUT

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Viper GTS

Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
Will the LCE people be able to buy these in-game & then sell them to non LCE? Or is it you get one & that's it?

I'll be picking up my LCE today regardless, a racing game in 2009 with no ZR-1 is just stupid.

Viper GTS

brblx

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2009
it's fucking lame that you have to pay $20 extra to get the 'complete' collection of cars. they better release the five cars at least as DLC, as i could give a flying fuck about a flash drive or whatever else with the LCE.

that said, this game is pretty great.

GCS

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 1999
Well seeing as how I am in need of the game now (thanks Fanatec) I will have to make the decision as well.

I am pretty torn on the LCE or regular edition.

With the Buy 2 Get 1 Free at Best Buy right now you can get this + 2 other $60 games for $120. Sell off the other 2 games and most likely net the regular version for $40.

LCE is $80. I do have some games to trade but I am sure they aren't worth much at GS even though they have a special deal of trade in 4 XBOX 360 games (each game must be valued at more than $2) and get an additional $20 credit. If do that I would probably have about $40 in credit making the LCE about $40.

The LCE is just so damn expensive. Can't decide if it's worth it or not.

Kabob

Lifer
Sep 5, 2004
Originally posted by: GCS
Well seeing as how I am in need of the game now (thanks Fanatec) I will have to make the decision as well.

I am pretty torn on the LCE or regular edition.

With the Buy 2 Get 1 Free at Best Buy right now you can get this + 2 other $60 games for $120. Sell off the other 2 games and most likely net the regular version for $40.

LCE is $80. I do have some games to trade but I am sure they aren't worth much at GS even though they have a special deal of trade in 4 XBOX 360 games (each game must be valued at more than $2) and get an additional $20 credit. If do that I would probably have about $40 in credit making the LCE about $40.

The LCE is just so damn expensive. Can't decide if it's worth it or not.

I struggled with this as well. In the end, despite the fact that the LCE has my dream car included (997 GT3 RS) I realized that I was paying $20 for 5 cars. If I instead put that towards DLC car packs that's 40 cars, or that's 33% of another game. It's just not worth it.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
$20 extra for five new cars and a worthless tiny flash drive, LOLno.

If Turn10 wants money they will release the VIP car pack as DLC. Should be $10 when it eventually comes out.

chorb

Golden Member
Oct 7, 2005
Originally posted by: AstroManLuca
$20 extra for five new cars and a flash drive worth $3, LOLno.

but, but, but... you get a special icon next to your name in game too!

Yea I was torn at the time of pre-ordering, but couldn't justify the extra money for so little in return.

AstroManLuca

Lifer
Jun 24, 2004
Oh yeah and because I preordered it on Amazon I got the game for $55 and it came with a $10 gift card, which I applied toward my MW2 preorder today. So it was actually $45, vs. $85 after tax from Gamestop.

SithSolo1

Diamond Member
Mar 19, 2001
My friend got his LCE from Gamestop and brought it over with his Xbox. Disc 1 had a huge scratch and a dent in the edge, looks like a machine mauled it. Tried to play it but it was throwing graphical errors and skipping audio all over the place in both my Xbox Pro and his Elite. He's taking it back so I'll update more later.

Kabob

Lifer
Sep 5, 2004
Originally posted by: AstroManLuca
Oh yeah and because I preordered it on Amazon I got the game for $55 and it came with a $10 gift card, which I applied toward my MW2 preorder today. So it was actually $45, vs. $85 after tax from Gamestop.

$105 spent on the 2 games and a $20 gift card in the pocket.

Amazon is my new go-to game store.

MW2 w/release day delivery cost me $19 out of pocket (10% off coupon for trading in a game when the Amazon trade in store first opened + a $40 gift card from my sister).

Forza 3 cost me $35 out of pocket ($55 + $6 for release day deliver - $25 trade in credit for aforementioned game).

And I've got $30 in gift cards, probably going towards either Tekken 6 or some MS points.

bl4ckfl4g

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2007
I called a few Gamestops and all received less LCE than they ordered. I had heard about this problem on the Forza forums too. I got lucky though and found one that received extra copies for some reason.

GCS

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 1999
Went for the Best Buy deal. Will pick it up on the way home tonight. The LCE was just too much. If it had been $69 I would have gone that route I am sure.

potato28

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2005
Got my LCE pre-order today, and I have to say it's one of the best games I've played in a while. Very fun :D Gold will be the next purchase.

Chriscross3234

Jun 4, 2006
This game is fvcking awesome! I think it's safe to say that Turn10 has improved almost every aspect of Forza 2.

nycxandy

Diamond Member
Apr 11, 2001
Has anyone tested load times after the game has been installed? It takes forever just to load the map and start the race.

Chriscross3234

Jun 4, 2006
Originally posted by: nycxandy
Has anyone tested load times after the game has been installed? It takes forever just to load the map and start the race.

Yup, loading times seemed to be reduced when running off the hardrive. Loading times before and after the race seem to be shorter. I can't give you exact numbers, but for me, it's worth installing for the amount of time this game is going to be played :p

GCS

Diamond Member
Oct 16, 1999
Sedona Raceway is excellent. Really liked that track.

Got as far as 2 World Championship races and I am done tonight. Really tired and have to be at work early tomorrow. Didn't mess with tuning, storefront, or even buying other cars just took what I had to start with and that's all.

brblx

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2009
i'm liking all the new tracks, though maple valley is probabably still my favorite, great basic mix of turns and speed there.

fujimi kaido is epic, though. i have a friend who has the nurburgring pretty much memorized from gt4 and forza, he'll shit his pants trying to learn this track.

chorb

Golden Member
Oct 7, 2005
all right everyone, I decided to make a Anandtech logo. I just thought of what every ATer likes and the answer is obviously cheesecake.

I've put it up in my storefront free of charge, so feel free to represent AnandTech on your car as you dominate the competition.

check it out

Kabob

Lifer
Sep 5, 2004
Originally posted by: chorb
all right everyone, I decided to make a Anandtech logo. I just thought of what every ATer likes and the answer is obviously cheesecake.

I've put it up in my storefront free of charge, so feel free to represent AnandTech on your car as you dominate the competition.

check it out

Aww man! Total Ripoff!!! :p
Pic 1
Pic 2

I expect royalties off of your profits!

I'm about halfway through Season 2 thus far, driver level 9. I've got to say I've really enjoyed what I've seen thus far, especially the fantasy tracks. Sedona was great and even the really short track you start off on is alot of fun, MUCH better than FM2's snake tracks.

Also famous, I don't know where you got 4GB's as the full game size, mine was something like 6.* GB's I think just for the play disc.