Official Election 2008 Results Thread - State

Page 5 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: bozack
And yes yes, thankfully the ban will occur and put people out of work because the ninnys like you are in the majority here, nothing more, nothing less

Wow, the hypocrisy is strong in you. You first mentioned that you were against the ban due to your childhood memories. Now, it's the loss of jobs? Yet, you had no qualms of putting 10s of thousands of state workers, teachers, police, fire employees out on the street?

And sorry but anyone working in an industry such as dog racing where the animals are mistreated and forced to suffer don't count as jobs. Plus, they have over a year to find a new job.

Dude, you've got some serious issues. And too embarrassed to mention that you live in Woburn? You laugh at me having a yard. You don't even have one in your townhouse complex. With today's real estate situation, you're probably upside down on your mortgage and can't even sell.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
A Volunteer Fire Dept would be overwhelmed in an area like greater Boston due to all the multiple family dwellings, age of those dwellings and the fact that many of them have older Oil Heating Systems

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman
Wow, the hypocrisy is strong in you. You first mentioned that you were against the ban due to your childhood memories. Now, it's the loss of jobs? Yet, you had no qualms of putting 10s of thousands of state workers, teachers, police, fire employees out on the street?

And sorry but anyone working in an industry such as dog racing where the animals are mistreated and forced to suffer don't count as jobs. Plus, they have over a year to find a new job.

Dude, you've got some serious issues. And too embarrassed to mention that you live in Woburn? You laugh at me having a yard. You don't even have one in your townhouse complex. With today's real estate situation, you're probably upside down on your mortgage and can't even sell.

1. I said that one of my reasons for being against the ban was memories, it was half hearted and I didn't bother going into detail with it because I don't really care about the issue per say, rather I am just surprised that people would bother voting out something like dog racing...

Also if you truly think that killing the income tax would have put any state workers out of a job well then your more dellusional than I first thought, but keep drinking the kool aid, obviously it seems you fit right in here.

2. Last I checked MA was one of the best states with regards to regulations on dog racing...then again your a dog lover and aspire to be a vet so I don't expect much in the way of reason

3. Embarrassed? hardly, I just prefer not to put out too much personal info into web forums, and even less when it comes to someone such as yourself in this type of a conversation. I laugh at you because I regard you a dim witted loonbag liberal that brags about a "custom built townhouse with a yard" in cambridge as if that is something to be excited about....and no, we aren't even close to being upside down on anything, and yes I have a yard but don't feel the need to brag about something as silly as a yard in a townhouse...what next are you going to ask about my stock portfolios or how many luxury timepieces and fountain pens I have??..I can even tell you all about my custom underwear.....please

Your almost enough of an asshole for me to want to invite you to the Asgard so I can call you a doucebag to your face given that we are so close in proximity and all...icing on the cake would be if we worked for the same company, now that would be "interesting"

Again, we disagree...why keep this going?

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
A Volunteer Fire Dept would be overwhelmed in an area like greater Boston due to all the multiple family dwellings, age of those dwellings and the fact that many of them have older Oil Heating Systems

Red, my point was more to the fact that NH has some volunteer fire depts for sure, but then again so do we in MA....NH has higher prop tax but no sales and no income yet they get by fine...we have pretty much every tax one can imagine, the pike and MBTA are a disgrace not to mention many of the school systems aren't that good all things considered...and so on.

Dec 10, 2005
What's wrong with Florida? It would only be a symbolic removal of the clause, but 52 percent voted against removing it??

Among the more unusual measures on this year?s ballots was one in Florida that would repeal an old clause in the state constitution that allows legislators to bar Asian immigrants from owning land. The repeal would be symbolic, as equal protection laws would prevent lawmakers from applying the ban. With 78 percent of precincts reporting just before 11 p.m. Tuesday, the vote was close, with 52 percent voting to preserve the clause.

Link: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11...ml?_r=1&hp&oref=slogin

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001

Red, my point was more to the fact that NH has some volunteer fire depts for sure, but then again so do we in MA....NH has higher prop tax but no sales and no income yet they get by fine...we have pretty much every tax one can imagine, the pike and MBTA are a disgrace not to mention many of the school systems aren't that good all things considered...and so on.

The MBTA is a disgrace? I thought it worked well but what do I know, I'm originally from the Suburbs in the San Francisco Bay Area so we'd drive everywhere and only use BART when going to an A's game or to Frisco.

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
The MBTA is a disgrace? I thought it worked well but what do I know, I'm originally from the Suburbs in the San Francisco Bay Area so we'd drive everywhere and only use BART when going to an A's game or to Frisco.

Well maybe I was spoiled by the Metro...having had to deal with the T and the commuter rail for the past five years all I can say is damn....horrible, and the news of their constant budget overruns and massive mounting debt is really kinda funny.

I am truly glad that I don't have to deal with that any more...though to be fair the Framingham line wasn't horrible when I was on that.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005

1. I said that one of my reasons for being against the ban was memories, it was half hearted and I didn't bother going into detail with it because I don't really care about the issue per say, rather I am just surprised that people would bother voting out something like dog racing...

Also if you truly think that killing the income tax would have put any state workers out of a job well then your more dellusional than I first thought, but keep drinking the kool aid, obviously it seems you fit right in here.

2. Last I checked MA was one of the best states with regards to regulations on dog racing...then again your a dog lover and aspire to be a vet so I don't expect much in the way of reason

3. Embarrassed? hardly, I just prefer not to put out too much personal info into web forums, and even less when it comes to someone such as yourself in this type of a conversation. I laugh at you because I regard you a dim witted loonbag liberal that brags about a "custom built townhouse with a yard" in cambridge as if that is something to be excited about....and no, we aren't even close to being upside down on anything, and yes I have a yard but don't feel the need to brag about something as silly as a yard in a townhouse...what next are you going to ask about my stock portfolios or how many luxury timepieces and fountain pens I have??..I can even tell you all about my custom underwear.....please

Your almost enough of an asshole for me to want to invite you to the Asgard so I can call you a doucebag to your face given that we are so close in proximity and all...icing on the cake would be if we worked for the same company, now that would be "interesting"

Again, we disagree...why keep this going?

Why I brought up my place? You're the dimwit that thought I rented and didn't know what a custom built townhouse was. Sorry, I thought I'd try and help with your ignorance issue.

Again, if you knew anything about dog racing, you would know that regulations don't mean anything. But it's not worth going into it.

:laugh: You think reducing the state budget by 40% wouldn't eliminate any jobs? Alright, you're right there's no need to discuss this further b/c that has to be the dumbest remark I've heard and invalidates anything you say, not like you've provided any proof or facts to any of the statements I've made.

Please tell me how the state would be able to reduce their budget by 40% without eliminating jobs? Heck, even the proponents of the bill highlighted the need to reduce jobs.

Yet, MA has the second ranked school systems in the country. And what about the Hampton Tolls in NH? NH have any real public transportation, outside of MA running their commuter rail services out there? And you do know that NH has discussed the implementation of a sales/income tax due to the economic status of that state?

Don't post somebody's home address without his permission.

Anandtech Senior Moderator
Red Dawn

bozack

Diamond Member
Jan 14, 2000
Why I brought up my place? You're the dimwit that thought I rented and didn't know what a custom built townhouse was. Sorry, I thought I'd try and help with your ignorance issue.

Again, if you knew anything about dog racing, you would know that regulations don't mean anything. But it's not worth going into it.

:laugh: You think reducing the state budget by 40% wouldn't eliminate any jobs? Alright, you're right there's no need to discuss this further b/c that has to be the dumbest remark I've heard and invalidates anything you say, not like you've provided any proof or facts to any of the statements I've made.

Please tell me how the state would be able to reduce their budget by 40% without eliminating jobs? Heck, even the proponents of the bill highlighted the need to reduce jobs.

Yet, MA has the second ranked school systems in the country. And what about the Hampton Tolls in NH? NH have any real public transportation, outside of MA running their commuter rail services out there? And you do know that NH has discussed the implementation of a sales/income tax due to the economic status of that state?

Real classy net stalking me Capt...why am I not surprised.....and did you're wife get her PHD yet?

breaking it down to make it easy for your feeble mind...

1. Any townhouse when bought new is what you define as a custom townhouse dumbass....anyone can have doors or walls put where ever they please...one of the benefits of buying before they are done...duh

2. Right, so the regulations are just there for show...sure, keep telling yourself that

3. State budget decrease via income tax would have been supplimented by higher prop taxes and or a higher sales tax...either that or the fuckhead legislature here would have just voted down the will of the masses as they have been known to do in the past

4. The pike tolls were slated to be killed a while ago, yet they are still there...why?

5. if I lived in NH would I really care about Public transport? probabily not...plus they have the downeaster service to MA

6. and Sure, that was the crazy loonbag shaheen that proposed both...but luckily for them people from MA who don't want to pay to live here migrated there and now they might get some of the same "benefits" we have in higher taxes and more fees...woo hoo

Avalon

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2001
Originally posted by: ironwing
Unfortunately AZ Prop 102 is winning big...bigo...bigot...bigots!

Thanksfully florida passed theirs also :)

You mean amendment 2? Because that's not the same as AZ Prop 102, from which I understand is merely defining marriage. Amendment 2 does much more, and it's disgusting that it was passed.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: Newbian
Anyone have a heads up on the prostitution decriminalization in SF?

Need to know if it's vacation time. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwQXSZFIkEo
rose.gif

Avalon

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2001
Originally posted by: Brainonska511
What's wrong with Florida? It would only be a symbolic removal of the clause, but 52 percent voted against removing it??

Among the more unusual measures on this year?s ballots was one in Florida that would repeal an old clause in the state constitution that allows legislators to bar Asian immigrants from owning land. The repeal would be symbolic, as equal protection laws would prevent lawmakers from applying the ban. With 78 percent of precincts reporting just before 11 p.m. Tuesday, the vote was close, with 52 percent voting to preserve the clause.

I only voted no because I didn't interpret that way. Then again, you rarely get the whole story when you try reading up on these. I thought it was to keep in a clause that stated illegal aliens were barred from owning property. If I was wrong...oops :\

Dec 10, 2005
Originally posted by: Avalon

I only voted no because I didn't interpret that way. Then again, you rarely get the whole story when you try reading up on these. I thought it was to keep in a clause that stated illegal aliens were barred from owning property. If I was wrong...oops :\

Well, then I'll chalk it up to a poorly worded ballot. Those propositions/ballot initiatives/etc are always so poorly worded, riddled with double negatives, various prepositions to make it harder to interpret, and just in general, poorly written.

TheSlamma

Diamond Member
Sep 6, 2005
Originally posted by: Linux23
Originally posted by: Newbian
Anyone have a heads up on the prostitution decriminalization in SF?

Need to know if it's vacation time. ;)

What this man says.
While I'm all about making it legal.. have you guys ever seen hookers in your lives? :confused: they are pretty friggin sick

I remember watching a John TV episode I think it was.. some 12 year old or so kid rode up to a cop doing a sting operation dressed as a hooker. He said "You are too pretty to be a hooker, you have to be a cop" Even a young kid can tell, you guys need to get out more ;)

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Originally posted by: Avalon

Well, then I'll chalk it up to a poorly worded ballot. Those propositions/ballot initiatives/etc are always so poorly worded, riddled with double negatives, various prepositions to make it harder to interpret, and just in general, poorly written.

So either 48 or 52% of voters voted to ban asians from owning land. WTF is the deal with that?

Schadenfroh

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2003
Originally posted by: Chaotic42
In Mississippi we got to vote to replace Trent Lott.

Rodger Wicker (R) has been filling in and former governor Ronnie Musgrove (D) is running. It has been a very loud and annoying campaign. Musgrove keeps bringing up that his father died when he was 7, and Wicker keeps calling Musgrove's administration "The Government of North Mississippi".

Louisiana will be interesting as well.

Have you been getting the Beef Plant Blitz advertisements as well? In Hattiesburg, it is like every other commercial. I hope this election is the last we hear of it, I have been getting "WHERE IS THE BEEF" brochures in the mail from the Wicker campaign...