**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by SMOGZINN, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Jumpem

Jumpem Lifer

Paragon level, and MP?

2. ondoy

ondoy Member

I'm at 90 now, you must kill elites fast to increase your chances.

3. Jumpem

Jumpem Lifer

It's funny though, because most all of the legendaries I get come from whites.

Were you getting much less legendaries at lower MP levels? What about the hellfire ring? did you spend the time farming for it to level faster, or not bother?

4. Imp

Imp Lifer

Dude... You're sitting on about $150 American... I'd be at about 300-400 million if I didn't lose 3 second-best emeralds and sell all my gold:).

5. ondoy

ondoy Member

the most i've gotten was around 32 leg doing mp1 alkaizer runs.
    i've farmed for the rings when the patch went live, but stopped after creating
    17 imacs and shit loads of crappy HF. it's not efficient for me in terms of loots and xp.
    now i'm just leeching of from friends who needs help with uber runs.
    they provide the i.macs and i provide the dps. :biggrin:

#10505 ondoy, Dec 24, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2012
  6. ondoy

ondoy Member

i'm sure gold will rise once pvp comes out...
    well hopefully... :whiste:

7. smackababy

smackababy Lifer

Today I have found a set piece in every run I've done so far. Only done 5, but still looking good. Sadly, they are all garbage except for a source. The Chondo's one I think it is called.

8. badb0y

badb0y Diamond Member

40k DPS as a DH is not good you need to push that up to around 300k+ before you go to MP8+. Lower the LoH and get more DPS and grab some LS and you should do much better runs.

Also MP0-3 is like the most efficient even for the most geared people since you can do them so quickly.

9. Jumpem

Jumpem Lifer

I like being able to face tank things, and not worry about elite affixes. Aside from primary stats, my gear is all AR, attack speed, and LoH. I use a Calamity 1H crossbow and a Stormshield.

If I tried to go more DPS + LS, would I lose alot of survivability? Not to mention how much more all the CC/CD gear would probably cost. How much LS would I need at say 100k DPS? Is 3.0 enough, or would I need to try for dual 3.0 crossbows?

#10509 Jumpem, Dec 24, 2012
  10. smackababy

smackababy Lifer

You might be able to do "tank" MP10, but that must take an awful long time. Get your crit hit and crit damage up so you can get to like 150k dps. A Manticore can be had for cheap and throw a good gem in it and you will do a lot more efficient farming.

11. Jumpem

Jumpem Lifer

It does take a long time.

I don't want a Manticore. I want to keep a Calamity and Stormshield. I feel too fragile without a shield. I'm just not sure losing a lot of survivability for DPS is more efficient. I think dying constanly would make it less efficient. Even if you were killing quicker between deaths.

Any reason you suggest a Manticore over a Calamity? Any benefit to a slower firing 2H if both are the same DPS?

#10511 Jumpem, Dec 24, 2012
  12. badb0y

badb0y Diamond Member

Well doing MP10 with 40k DPS is pointless I mean it must take you a LONG time to kill stuff and if you are to lower the MP to something like MP1-3 you really don't need a shield anymore and it would be more efficient to get damage at that point.

13. Jumpem

Jumpem Lifer

I drop the shield and get my DPS up to 90k in lower Paragon levels. MP10 would jsut be good for farming the hellfire ring.

14. silverpig

silverpig Lifer

How much AR do you have? I am 135k dps with ~850 AR on my DH and I can tank elites in MP7 without too much trouble.

15. Jumpem

Jumpem Lifer

750 with a quiver, 838 with a shield, 952 with a boar companion.

What main hand and offhand do you use? What about life regen?

16. Pr0d1gy

Pr0d1gy Diamond Member

Well, I finally beat the game on Inferno and it just restarted the story again. So should I just play it through again on MP1 or what? I just need someone to point me in the right direction for endgame plz. Thanks.

Current stats:

94k dps
    4800armor
    50k life

17. Wyndru

Wyndru Diamond Member

That's decent dps to maybe start key farming on mp2, it's about 1/5 chance at that mp lvl so it might take a little while, but you might get some upgrades while farming them. Start making machines for now until you are ready to run ubers.

Could also start another class.

18. Schfifty Five

Start keyfarming, legendary farming, Paragon Leveling, level up 2nd char to 60, etc.

19. smackababy

smackababy Lifer

I'd go straight to paragon leveling. That should net you decent look, and with that DPS you're going to run easily.

20. Pr0d1gy

Pr0d1gy Diamond Member

So basically I just need to keep playing through the story on Inferno, MP1 or 2?

21. Wyndru

Wyndru Diamond Member

It's your preference, but you can choose which location to start at. Check out a farming / leveling guide to determine what questline to start at for experience or keys or gear.

MP level is whatever you feel comfortable with, and is usually just a balance of kill speed vs reward. I.e. the higher the mp, the more experience you will get per kill, but the kills will take longer.

#10521 Wyndru, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  22. silverpig

silverpig Lifer

I use a manticore and a quiver. No boar companion.

For life regen, I use shadow power with the gloom rune. You get 35% dmg reduction and 15% life steal for 5 seconds.

I then use spike traps with the echoing blast rune (plant one trap and it goes off three times) and bola shot with the stun rune. I also use marked for death with the aoe rune (grim reaper I think). When I see an elite pack at MP7/8, I mark for death, then plant 2-3 traps around me an start firing bolas when they get on top of me. I cast shadow power, and they can't really kill me because I essentially do a few million dps (crits for 500k on all enemies in range) which, at 15% life steal means I don't die so long as I keep doing damage and don't run out of discipline (have preparation on the bar for that).

23. Jumpem

Jumpem Lifer

Interesting. So you use Nightastalker, and have enough crits and discipline to keep Shadow Power up? Do you mind posting a link to your profile so I can take a look at your gear and skills? And you have no life regen specific gear. You gear for AR and DPS? What amount of HP do you keep?

#10523 Jumpem, Dec 25, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
  24. silverpig

silverpig Lifer

Yes basically. I have a ~52% crit chance which helps. My preparation rune is the one that gives you 45 discipline over 15 seconds.

Here is my profile. Normally I have the full litany of the undaunted / wailing host set for rings, but got a decent hellfire ring and want the xp boost for now.

I typically gear for AR first (hence the IK gloves and helm).

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/silverpig-1720/hero/16845432

25. Jumpem

Jumpem Lifer

Thanks! :)