**OFFICIAL** Diablo 3 Thread

Page 412 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
You had the exact same stats too? I see a lot of those helms on the AH for cheap b/c of the low CC%, but with a perfect CC%, they are going for 5-10M-ish. I don't know if they actually sell for that much, but it's worth trying to sell still.

Not exact same stats just same item, but crit was 4.5%. I have just had terrible luck selling Witch Doctor stuff in the past, so I usually throw those on the AH for cheap or salvage.

If you can get more, good luck. Last patch saturated the market with reasonably good uniques, so prices have come down a lot.

I just don't like that it only has CC% with relatively small main stat and no health.

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
Monster power for difficulties normal/nightmare/hell are SIGNIFICANTLY easier than Inferno monster power. Once you hit inferno, you will NOT be able to handle MP10 at all unless you spend a lot of gold/$ to buy gear. Honestly, I would reserve judgment until you hit inferno.

I think one of the reasons it's easier is because you outlevel the monsters quickly, so even though they do more damage and have higher health, you might be 15 levels higher then them.

I just started leveling a wizard in MP10, I'm level 37 now, and I'm just starting Act IV normal. I usually level up like every 10-15 minutes in MP10, and I play slow through the story and vendor blues. I'm hoping this means I can start paragon leveling by the time I hit hell, I don't know if it lets you go beyond 60 in Hell or not.

It's getting a little tough though, even in Act IV normal. I keep getting stuck at the keywarden who basically heals himself every time he hits me, and I don't have enough dps to bring him down quickly enough. I'm sure it's because I haven't bought any gear, and the gear that drops in normal is pretty low, even though the MP level is high. I'm going to try getting gear to match my level (hopefully with some resist all) and I'm hoping that will make a big difference.

Oct 20, 2005
Not exact same stats just same item, but crit was 4.5%. I have just had terrible luck selling Witch Doctor stuff in the past, so I usually throw those on the AH for cheap or salvage.

If you can get more, good luck. Last patch saturated the market with reasonably good uniques, so prices have come down a lot.

I just don't like that it only has CC% with relatively small main stat and no health.

I just sold mine for 12M (-15% AH fees). There were only like 3 of those helms w/ perfect rolls like mine and the next cheapest one was 14M.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
You had the exact same stats too? I see a lot of those helms on the AH for cheap b/c of the low CC%, but with a perfect CC%, they are going for 5-10M-ish. I don't know if they actually sell for that much, but it's worth trying to sell still.

If someone is going Zombie Dog's spam build, it might be worth more. I played with a WD with like 20k sheet dps, but had no cooldown on Zombie Dogs and was amazing. He said he spent an asston on gear though to get that.

Jumpem

Lifer
Sep 21, 2000
I haven't played in months. Thinking about picking it up again. What are people doing for gold? Are there any decent gold farming spots left? Or are people farming endlessly hoping for a decent drop?

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
You basically do Alkaizer's run over and over. You get gold and enough elites that you get a chance for that billion dollar item. I still think Diablo is so rags to riches. And I am like middle class so it suck. I don't want to be poor, but I can never quite make it to rich.

Imp

Lifer
Feb 8, 2000
Interesting... it appears that the price of brimstone has gone up. Not THAT much, now at 40k gold over the 11k it was a week or more ago.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
thehoradrichamburger.png

edit: My bro just sold this for 5mil

Last edited:

Pr0d1gy

Diamond Member
Jan 30, 2005
I just beat the game on Normal and I have to say, this game is the game I wish I had when I was 12. Don't get me wrong, I love Wasteland, Bard's Tale 3, Ultima: Quest of the Avatar, Sentinel Worlds: Future Magic, Curse of the Azure Bonds, et al; but everyone should play through this game at least once.

I'm not sure why so many were bagging on it so hard because, outside of the DRM, it is a phenomenally well done game. So much so that I am contemplating getting SC2 just b/c the same company made it and I enjoyed SC1 as much as I enjoyed Diablo1 back in the day.

I guess I am preaching to the choir here, but I have been ignoring most of the posts in here for fear of spoilers. Anyhow, sorry to interrupt. Carry on ^_^
I'm just putting this out there for anyone looking for an unbiased opinion from someone who played the original...although I did miss D2. :/

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
I just beat the game on Normal and I have to say, this game is the game I wish I had when I was 12. Don't get me wrong, I love Wasteland, Bard's Tale 3, Ultima: Quest of the Avatar, Sentinel Worlds: Future Magic, Curse of the Azure Bonds, et al; but everyone should play through this game at least once.

I'm not sure why so many were bagging on it so hard because, outside of the DRM, it is a phenomenally well done game. So much so that I am contemplating getting SC2 just b/c the same company made it and I enjoyed SC1 as much as I enjoyed Diablo1 back in the day.

I guess I am preaching to the choir here, but I have been ignoring most of the posts in here for fear of spoilers. Anyhow, sorry to interrupt. Carry on ^_^
I'm just putting this out there for anyone looking for an unbiased opinion from someone who played the original...although I did miss D2. :/

What was your playing start date?

PS, please update your post after completing Inferno :) without hitting the AH...

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
What was your playing start date?

PS, please update your post after completing Inferno :) without hitting the AH...

Since 1.5 maybe even 1.4 it's not difficult to finish inferno with self found gear. I had no issues with my barb, and I suck at the game. I only had 20k dps at the end.

Early on I heard it was a lot harder though, especially with the enrage timers.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Since 1.5 maybe even 1.4 it's not difficult to finish inferno with self found gear. I had no issues with my barb, and I suck at the game. I only had 20k dps at the end.

Early on I heard it was a lot harder though, especially with the enrage timers.

damn those enrage timers worked, pissed me the f-off!!

Yea, Inferno definitely got a face lift with the addition of MP levels.

Last edited:

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
Apparently there was a near perfect Echoing Fury which was sold for some insane amount of real money.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199403332

Who knows how true it is or whatever, but wow, insane stats and even more insane person to spend that much on it. I bet there will be copies of this EF popping up haha.

I can't get there from work.. about how much was it? A buddy of mine found near perfect lacuni's, 170 str, vit, 6 cc + the basic lacuni bonus. Sold it right away for 250 on rmah. I thought he probably could've gotten higher b/c it's one of the best I had ever seen.

darkewaffle

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2005
I can't get there from work.. about how much was it? A buddy of mine found near perfect lacuni's, 170 str, vit, 6 cc + the basic lacuni bonus. Sold it right away for 250 on rmah. I thought he probably could've gotten higher b/c it's one of the best I had ever seen.

The D3 forum thread claims 7500 EU (about 10k USD) and there's a supposed transaction screenshot showing as much, but who knows for sure.

Wyndru

Diamond Member
Apr 9, 2009
The D3 forum thread claims 7500 EU (about 10k USD) and there's a supposed transaction screenshot showing as much, but who knows for sure.

Wow. Someone has a lot of extra money to burn. Especially considering once a new content patch comes out the item will probably be worth much less due to a higher item level or just blizz's usual character balancing (shifting stat importance).

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004

WTF?.. seriously? wow.

Honestly, I hate the fear bonus from Echoing Furies. As a melee, you're dependent on regaining health on hits via loh and ls. With fear chasing the mobs away, it's kind of annoying to have to chase them to hurt them or gain life back. Especially the molten mobs.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
WTF?.. seriously? wow.

Honestly, I hate the fear bonus from Echoing Furies. As a melee, you're dependent on regaining health on hits via loh and ls. With fear chasing the mobs away, it's kind of annoying to have to chase them to hurt them or gain life back. Especially the molten mobs.

True, but with a cold damage weapon it isn't that bad. As a barb, you can sprint, and as a monk you can teleport. The extra attack speed makes it worth it no matter what.

digiram

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2004
True, but with a cold damage weapon it isn't that bad. As a barb, you can sprint, and as a monk you can teleport. The extra attack speed makes it worth it no matter what.

That's true, it's likely the fastest hitting mace and no doubt I wouldn't mind having it for my barb, but I still find fear to be a bit annoying.

I remember my DH buddy used to use that elemental skeleton shots. Annoyed the hell out of me. I play a WD, btw, and I used to tank with him by stacking ls and loh. I can proc a ton more life when mobs are closer together of course.

My fav. cc skills are stun from my snake darts and the wiz's frost nova.

bonkers325

Lifer
Mar 9, 2000
That's true, it's likely the fastest hitting mace and no doubt I wouldn't mind having it for my barb, but I still find fear to be a bit annoying.

I remember my DH buddy used to use that elemental skeleton shots. Annoyed the hell out of me. I play a WD, btw, and I used to tank with him by stacking ls and loh. I can proc a ton more life when mobs are closer together of course.

My fav. cc skills are stun from my snake darts and the wiz's frost nova.

the +attack speed is global, so if you dual wield then your other weapon receives a +attack speed as well. use EF in your offhand and a slow weapon weapon on your MH, your RLTW tornadoes only proc effects from your MH. only WW will proc EF fear, and even then its every other tick of damage at an 8% change per tick.

smackababy

Lifer
Oct 30, 2008
the +attack speed is global, so if you dual wield then your other weapon receives a +attack speed as well. use EF in your offhand and a slow weapon weapon on your MH, your RLTW tornadoes only proc effects from your MH. only WW will proc EF fear, and even then its every other tick of damage at an 8% change per tick.

I use it as my main hand so my dagger OH is faster.