Official Avail. Nov 13th - Android 4.2 - LG Nexus 4 - Asus Nexus 7 - Samsung Nexus 10

Page 36 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
I'm in the same boat. I'm hoping it goes out tonight, it did say "delivered in 3-5 business days" when I originally ordered. With two day I should see it on Friday.

I couldn't leave it alone so I called them. Man are those reps mentally drained, serious call volumes today. Anyway, the rep looked up my order, said it will be shipped out Wednesday AM, 2 day shipping so we should get our stuff before the week is over. Forgot to ask whether signature will be required and which carrier they ship with.

basslover1

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2004
I couldn't leave it alone so I called them. Man are those reps mentally drained, serious call volumes today. Anyway, the rep looked up my order, said it will be shipped out Wednesday AM, 2 day shipping so we should get our stuff before the week is over. Forgot to ask whether signature will be required and which carrier they ship with.

My Galaxy Nexus shipped 2nd day air via UPS, and I don't believe it required a signature. IIRC no one was home when it was delivered, but I do have one of those signature things on file with them so that maybe be why I didn't need to sign anything.

It was also shipped the day after I ordered it.

Last edited:

Kelvrick

Lifer
Feb 14, 2001

Thanks for the update. That means it should get here by Friday. I have all of next week off. Hopefully it doesn't keep me from all the winterizing house projects I have planned.

Fire&Blood

Platinum Member
Jan 13, 2009
My Galaxy Nexus shipped 2nd day air via UPS, and I don't believe it required a signature. IIRC no one was home when it was delivered, but I do have one of those signature things on file with them so that maybe be why I didn't need to sign anything.

It was also shipped the day after I ordered it.

Thanks for the info. Delivery before the week is over is very likely.

That last podcast made me a believer in the phone as well, now I simply can't figure out which one I'm more pumped about, the phone or my first tablet.

How long until the thermal parameters file gets modded? It can be a feature, "Nexus doesn't run hot, it just warms your hand when it's cold for a more comfortable outdoor user experience"

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Now instead of saying "Coming Soon", it says "Sold Out", for both Nexus 4 models.

I was able to add another 16gb N4 and go all the way to the checkout so the stock is still available. I didn't buy though as I don't want to deal with the hassle of resale.
Hmmm... Maybe I get nothing because I'm in Canada.

P.S. https://plus.google.com/106515095432315677569/posts/fAA6PNbUxCK?authuser

This guy claims...

Didn't get yours? That's okay...neither did I...and neither did a lot of Google staff...yet (yes, they order phones just like the rest of us). You will, though...you will. If you don't get it today, the next scheduled release is in 3 days once they can get a better handle on orders and stock.

and...

They are well ahead of production, unlike with the Nexus 7 months ago.

--

Take that with a healthy dose of salt of course.

Last edited:

Demo24

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2004
I really hope it gets here on Friday so I can scoop it up before someone else gets home, for whom it is destined. Was afraid it would be out of stock if I ordered it for delivery in December.

Chocu1a

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2009
I gave up & picked up a Galaxy S3 instead. $275 off Craigslist. Mint condition, too.
My Verizon contract is up next November, so I will wait to see what the next Nexus brings.
Now I don't have to give up my unlimited data plan.

Feb 19, 2001
Thank you for your recent order placed on Google Play. Our records indicate that you have several open orders in our system. You can view them in your Google Wallet account at: https://wallet.google.com/manage/#transactions.

We would like to confirm that you intended to place all of these orders before processing occurs. If it was not your intention and this is an error, we have three easy ways for you to cancel any unwanted orders. Note that all orders not canceled within the next 24 hours will be processed and shipped.

1. Online: Orders can be canceled using our online tool. Please follow the instructions found here:
http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2423477

2. Email: We can help cancel any unwanted orders via email. Simply reply to this email with the specific order number(s) you’d like us to cancel. You can find order numbers in your Google Wallet account:
http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2506346

3. Phone: You can call us at (855) 836-3987 to chat with a support agent who will help you cancel your order.

Thanks,
The Google Play Team

© 2012 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

You've received this mandatory service announcement email to provide you with important information related to your purchase from Google Play.
Got one of these emails. Anyone else?

pm

Elite Member Mobile Devices
Jan 25, 2000
Here's mine. And please no one give me grief about $20 for a bumper. Yes, I am sure that I could buy one on Amazon for $2 in a week or two, but I am a clumsy guy who is prone to accidently launching cell phones temporarily airborne. I will be travelling for Thanksgiving and I don't want to chance it.

http://imgur.com/4hBFw

mple

Oct 10, 2011
Missed out, but CM10 is finally on a stable build for my TMo GS3 so I'm not too disappointed.

Chrono

Diamond Member
Jan 2, 2001
So... I had two in my cart at 8:3xam PST... closed the google wallet thing after I had edited my address information... then bam... had to do things over again. I gave up after 10 minutes of trying. I'll just wait. I have my Lumia 920 to tie me over until the next big thing.

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
White Nexus 4?

http://androidheadlines.com/2012/11...way-carphone-warehouse-seems-to-think-so.html

Maybe, or maybe not, but white would be my preference.

http://www.android4fans.com/2012/11/14/lg-nexus-4-white-is-real-photo-reveal-the-new-version/

Nexus-4-White_Android4Fans.jpg

That pic is not really what I'd prefer though as it's black with a white rim. I'd prefer all white or all black.

Last edited:

zoiks

Lifer
Jan 13, 2000
I tried pretty damn hard to snag one but every time I would add the phone in the cart, it would say the cart is empty.
Oh well. I'll just wait.

rise

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2004
Now instead of saying "Coming Soon", it says "Sold Out", for both Nexus 4 models.

Hmmm... Maybe I get nothing because I'm in Canada.

P.S. https://plus.google.com/106515095432315677569/posts/fAA6PNbUxCK?authuser

This guy claims...

Didn't get yours? That's okay...neither did I...and neither did a lot of Google staff...yet (yes, they order phones just like the rest of us). You will, though...you will. If you don't get it today, the next scheduled release is in 3 days once they can get a better handle on orders and stock.

and...

They are well ahead of production, unlike with the Nexus 7 months ago.

--

Take that with a healthy dose of salt of course.
I'm hoping this is true.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
I almost bought the 16GB Nexus 10 just now, but I'm going to be patient and wait for the 32GB to be back in stock. A little easier to wait since the Nexus 4 is also sold out for now.

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
I almost bought the 16GB Nexus 10 just now, but I'm going to be patient and wait for the 32GB to be back in stock. A little easier to wait since the Nexus 4 is also sold out for now.

Walmart is carrying the 32gb N10. I would buy from Walmart to avoid the shipping cost and easy return.

Red Storm

Lifer
Oct 2, 2005
Walmart is carrying the 32gb N10. I would buy from Walmart to avoid the shipping cost and easy return.

Hmm, good idea. Guess I'm just waiting for the N4 then. I noticed the "Notify Me" thing is gone, is there anyway to get an update when it's back in stock?

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
Hmm, good idea. Guess I'm just waiting for the N4 then. I noticed the "Notify Me" thing is gone, is there anyway to get an update when it's back in stock?

reporst are that they are fixing the notify my system, maybe it will appear after it's actually working.

i called up support today, i was told i'll get a tracking number today or early tomorrow, and I should have it thursday or friday.

also, no way to upgrade to 1-day shipping.

kehlsi

Mar 10, 2010
reporst are that they are fixing the notify my system, maybe it will appear after it's actually working.

i called up support today, i was told i'll get a tracking number today or early tomorrow, and I should have it thursday or friday.

currently, my google wallet page only shows that google received my order. is that what yours states as well? i'm trying to get an idea of when to expect a shipping confirmation and/or tracking information. i'm going out of town this weekend and would hate for it to arrive after i've already left town :(

A5

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2000
currently, my google wallet page only shows that google received my order. is that what yours states as well? i'm trying to get an idea of when to expect a shipping confirmation and/or tracking information. i'm going out of town this weekend and would hate for it to arrive after i've already left town :(

Rumor is they're planning on shipping them out today. That would be a Friday delivery for most people.

makken

Golden Member
Aug 28, 2004

Which shipping carrier do they use?