Official Avail. Nov 13th - Android 4.2 - LG Nexus 4 - Asus Nexus 7 - Samsung Nexus 10

Page 34 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
I just went and checked my google wallet transactions since I never got any confirmation and ******my order has been received by google, not one! not two!! but three times!!! Oh crap!!!!!! Good thing I had enough money in checking that I am not going to get dinged by my bank for overdraft or anything** I was just trying to order a single 16 gb nexus 4** I put in a request to google to cancel the 2 later orders** Let's hope I get ONE phone** :)
should have sold the others to forum members who are angry they couldn't get one ;)

edit - lol the smilies are broken too!

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
I just went and checked my google wallet transactions since I never got any confirmation and ******my order has been received by google, not one! not two!! but three times!!! Oh crap!!!!!! Good thing I had enough money in checking that I am not going to get dinged by my bank for overdraft or anything** I was just trying to order a single 16 gb nexus 4** I put in a request to google to cancel the 2 later orders** Let's hope I get ONE phone** :)
Seriously sad website issues
You'd think a c o m pany like Google would be able to handle the server load but nope

I know Google is doing this on purpose as it's classic marketing trick**
Nah, I think they're just inept at retail type stuff

thisjustin

Aug 16, 2010
should have sold the others to forum members who are angry they couldn't get one ;)

edit - lol the smilies are broken too!

Hehe, I've never been a fan of buying new electronic gadgets to resell at a higher price so I'm not going to start now** Maybe google will have small amounts of nexus 4 ***e back in stock later in the day from people like me who may have been charged multiple times, then canceled**

In other news on

https://play**google*****/store/account

It says my shipping estimate is 11/15, if they ship UPS probably won't get the package till Monday** If Fedex, maybe Saturday Delivery?

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Seriously sad website issues
You'd think a c o m pany like Google would be able to handle the server load but nope

Nah, I think they're just inept at retail type stuff

Google's not dumb or this inept** If they really wanted you to get the phone, they would've allowed you to preorder instead of making you check their website on launch day without telling you the launch time** And they would've launched at midnight PT like Apple to give everyone chance to order instead of doing it during the day during work hours when people are occupied with work** And they would allow you to order while backordered instead of making you check their website at random intervals to see if it's in stock** It's classic marketing ploy** I understand what Google is doing but that doesn't mean I'm happy about it** The only thing I can do is vote with my wallet and not buy it later when it's in stock**

waxor

Aug 8, 2007
Guys, keep trying** My coworker just got a 16gb not 2 minutes ago** Lots of people are cancelling their duplicate orders from this morning**

vshah

Lifer
Sep 20, 2003
yup, i got one about 10 minutes ago had to be real fast clicking add to cart

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Heh, even the bumper is sold out・

The Nexus 10 is still available, but I have no interest in that whatsoever・

Chocu1a

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2009
I almost just bought one, but the shipping & tax out it at 400 bucks, I closed the checkout window** I will just try to hit up a t-mobile store tomorrow** They should just sell the phone by itself? right?

superxero044

Dec 14, 2011
I ordered a nexus 10 but had issues with the page** About an hour later I get 3 confirmation emails** Canceled 2 of them** Now all 3 say canceled** I guess I'll see if I get one or not** :-/

basslover1

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2004
I almost just bought one, but the shipping & tax out it at 400 bucks, I closed the checkout window** I will just try to hit up a t-mobile store tomorrow** They should just sell the phone by itself? right?

I believe T-Mo is selling the phone outright for 499**

Chocu1a

Golden Member
Jun 24, 2009
I believe T-Mo is selling the phone outright for 499**

I will see for myself, tomorrow, as they would not give any info on pricing over the phone just now** If they are charging that much, I will just wait & get it from google**

Eug

Lifer
Mar 11, 2000
Some swine is trying to sell the Nexus 4 for $1000 on Kijiji in Calgary・

basslover1

Golden Member
Aug 4, 2004
Some swine is trying to sell the Nexus 4 for $1000 on Kijiji in Calgary・

There's a few on eBay nearing 500 right now** Makes me think I should of just stuck with two of them :/

Capitalism at its finest**

ponyo

Lifer
Feb 14, 2002
Finally got my order in and email order confirmation for Nexus 4 and 10** Total was $812 with shipping and tax** Damn you Google for making me jump through hoops! Let me take back my rant** :p

I used Auto Refresh Plus Chrome extension set for 5 seconds**

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Got one!!!!!!!!

That and a N10 for $806**74, I would have bought a bumper if it was available**

What a crappy experience!

Last edited:

pISSANt

Feb 16, 2001
Hell yes! I was spamming F5 and one showed up and I was able to get it to go thru! Keep trying guys**