*** Official ASUS P4C800/Deluxe (875P) Thread ***

AnandTech Moderator

Staff member
Oct 12, 1999
In an effort to make finding information easier about the <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.asus.com/products/mb/socket478/p4c800-d/overview.htm">ASUS P4C800/Deluxe (875P) motherboard</a> easier for all forum members, please post and discuss your issues, problems, experiences, rants, raves and FAQs here.

AnandTech Moderator

You can find AnandTech's review of the ASUS P4C800 Deluxe <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.html?i=1814">here</a>.

spindizzy

Apr 23, 2003
The first incarnation of the P4C800 board does not employ the new CSA architecture for the onboard gigabit LAN. This is one of the only deviations of the board from the i875P specs, and from what I've read there are some significant throughput gains to CSA.

I am wondering if others believe that Asus may decide to incorporate the CSA design into later PCB revisions on the P4C800 board or if they're going to stick with their existing onboard LAN architecture through all board incarnations. This could influence whether or not buyers "hold off" in the short term.

Thoughts?

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Well for what I've read about it, this LOOKS like the new board to buy. But as with so many Boards before this one, with the initial equipment onboard, the geek in me tends to want to see if Asus brings out a version without any of the integrated stuff, such as sound. i.e.(CUSL2 then the CUSL2-C without all the integrated garbage) Now to my understanding, the network setup on the board is supposed to make network throughput almost double what you would normally come to expect from an ethernet setup... this should make for some fun online gaming.

~wnied~

jaeger66

Banned
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by: spindizzy
The first incarnation of the P4C800 board does not employ the new CSA architecture for the onboard gigabit LAN. This is one of the only deviations of the board from the i875P specs, and from what I've read there are some significant throughput gains to CSA.
Thoughts?

Yeah, that removed Asus from my list. Which sucks because I usually like their stuff.

jaeger66

Banned
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by: wnied
Well for what I've read about it, this LOOKS like the new board to buy. But as with so many Boards before this one, with the initial equipment onboard, the geek in me tends to want to see if Asus brings out a version without any of the integrated stuff, such as sound. i.e.(CUSL2 then the CUSL2-C without all the integrated garbage) Now to my understanding, the network setup on the board is supposed to make network throughput almost double what you would normally come to expect from an ethernet setup... this should make for some fun online gaming.

~wnied~

I think mobos without sound are pretty much dead. Even the cheapest of the cheap have it now. The only one I've seen since the Abit KR7 is the new Intel Canterwood.

Mikie66

Apr 23, 2003
Hello all Long type reader first time poster...

My question is, has anyone benchmarked any Serial ATA hardrives in a Raid 0 configuration on the promise controller? I would be intrested to see the performance marks on one of these tests. I have this motherboard and was wanting to use Dual Raptors in a raid 0 setup, if anyone has done this let me know.

Thanks.

spindizzy

Apr 23, 2003
Mikie66 - I agree some benchmarks would be nice. What would also be nice to see would be a performance comparison between sata raid0 on an ICH5r southbridge versus sata raid0 on the Promise controller.

mroleg

Nov 8, 2002
I have this mobo and I love it. Don;t have SATA drives yet so no info there otherwise its pretty good.
New bios is nice and has a lot of oc features. the only thing highest vcore is 1.6 otehrwise it rocks. it feels fast and it runs fast.
I am running P4 3.0Ghz 800 FSB with 2x512 OCZ 3500EL

Check out my overclocking thread on this mobo : 800FSB is here THUGSROOK format

Mikie66

Apr 23, 2003
Well my Raptors arrived today! (NewEgg shipping Rocks!) I guess I will try to do some benchmarks soon. I don't have an 800FSB processor yet and I still have not decided what ram to buy, but I will post some benches as soon as possible.

snidy1

Golden Member
Mar 17, 2003
Will my Corsair TwinX1024-3200LLPT work on this board? This is the only thing holding me back from getting one.

wnied

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I believe Computer Reseller News did some basic Network and ATA benchmarks in this weeks issue regarding the 875 and 865 chipsets.
Might want to check there.

~wnied~

mroleg

Nov 8, 2002
OK. BUG #1. If you overclock AGP/PCI to anything but 66/33 onboard sound stops working.

Krk3561

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2002
Originally posted by: wnied

~wnied~

And you and servers that you access have the 100Mbps+ connection to see a difference? CSA is no big deal cause theres no real need for gigabit ethernet for a home user yet.

jaeger66

Banned
Jan 1, 2001
Originally posted by: Krk3561

CSA is no big deal cause theres no real need for gigabit ethernet for a home user yet.

For me, there is. And with GigE switches going so cheap it's nice for the near future.

Odd1

Apr 24, 2003
I almost pulled the trigger and purchased the Asus P4G8X Deluxe as a basis for a new combo work server and home gaming rig. I intend to set it up with removable drives loaded with XP on one and W2000/ SQL on the other. I'm doing this to protect the work data from my online antics. I've read the P4G8X has some problems with Radeon 9700 Pro. Any ideas whether there will be stability problems with a Radeon 9700 AIW in the P4C800?

akiraxtc

Feb 1, 2001
I'm using Asus P4C800 Deluxe along with AIW 9700 Pro, no problems at all. Default agp voltage, fast writes on and AGP 8X.

Galvin

Jul 3, 2001
Originally posted by: snidy1
Will my Corsair TwinX1024-3200LLPT work on this board? This is the only thing holding me back from getting one.

Yes it will two modules of that ram can run at 2226 at 400mhz tested by corsair, if you go to 4 modules then you have to drop the timing to like 2336 or something like that.

Fallen Kell

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
For all those wondering...

Thank you for the interest in Zalman's product.

If you couldn't see your motherboard name in the"List of Mainboards that Interfere with CNPS7000", refer to the "CNPS7000's Heatsink Interfering with the Power Supply" which is explained at bottom side of the information.

P.S. CNPS7000 fits canterwood based ABit IC7-G, Intel D875PBZ and ASUS P4C800 (Deluxe) without any interferences.

Regards,
Jinkook Kim/ZALMAN

AndyHui

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member<br>AT FAQ M
Oct 9, 1999
Note that there seems to be problems with this board running 166-199MHz FSB ( 667 - 798MHz QP) if you are overclocking any 533MHz FSB Pentium 4. Not sure what causes it yet.

Processors are fine on aircooling and default voltage all the way to 165MHz, then suddenly won't post at 166MHz.

oldfart

Lifer
Dec 2, 1999
Originally posted by: AndyHui
Note that there seems to be problems with this board running 166-199MHz FSB ( 667 - 798MHz QP) if you are overclocking any 533MHz FSB Pentium 4. Not sure what causes it yet.

Processors are fine on aircooling and default voltage all the way to 165MHz, then suddenly won't post at 166MHz.
:Q:Q:Q:Q Thanks for the warning!

THUGSROOK

Elite Member
Feb 3, 2001

:Q :Q :Q

Toymaker

Jul 9, 2002

Well, this is why Intel lowered the multipliers on their processors to get them to 800 Mhz. The P4Cs are basically lower multiplier 533's. It's no great secret that the Northwood yields are approaching the end of their life cycle. Since AMD isn't posing much of a threat right now, Intel can take their time with the Prescott.

AndyHui

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member<br>AT FAQ M
Oct 9, 1999
If your 533MHz Northwood can POST and operate at 200MHz (800MHz QP), then it's fine on this board. The latest BIOS, 1004, does not resolve the problem.

Toymaker

Jul 9, 2002
If your 533MHz Northwood can POST and operate at 200MHz (800MHz QP), then it's fine on this board. The latest BIOS, 1004, does not resolve the problem.

I see. So, it's more than just a processor limitation. I noticed a few people in other forums who have 533 Mhz processors that could go to as high as 190 Mhz on an Abit IT7 board. But, that same processor can only do around 160 or so on the P4C800.