*** Official Anti War Protestor Thread***SanFrancisco, No Business as Usual....

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Queasy
Originally posted by: Deadtrees
Mr. Bush must think that the earth itself is hell, thus he saves, and frees Iriq people by bombing them. Rest in peace innocent civilians.

Please provide definitive proof that civilians have been purposefully targeted and eliminated.

I *think* the point they're trying to make isn't that civilians are purposefully targetted - but that from the point of view of the soon-to-be-dead civilian it would be better to live under the regime than be killed by a bomb (accidentally obviously) as part of a liberation effort. Especially when the liberation comes externally - rather than from their own people and by their choice.

Andy

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Why don't we start an Official AT War Poll? We can find out how many people here approve of the war, and how many are against. And MoonBeam, you can only vote once, lol.

lupy

Oct 1, 2002
Once again I ask these questions to all the pro-war folks out there, if have so much passion for this war saying it's defending our freedom, it's patriotic, blah, blah, blah.

Then howcome you still have time to post your tripe from the comfort of your room?

Why aren't you in the military? Why don't I see you on the battlefield in Iraq?

Oh and don't tell me it's because you are fat and you can't pass the physical
rolleye.gif

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: lupy
Once again I ask these questions to all the pro-war folks out there, if have so much passion for this war saying it's defending our freedom, it's patriotic, blah, blah, blah.

Then howcome you still have time to post your tripe from the comfort of your room?

rolleye.gif

Supporting our war doesn't mean you have to join the military... In the same regards I could ask the same of people who oppose the war, why aren't you out there putting up flyers and protesting the war? Why are you posting on AT?

rolleye.gif

BTW, I work for the DoD, and my moronic roomate asked the same thing... It seems great minds think alike? lol... Maybe I could hook you two up for a date?

lupy

Oct 1, 2002
Originally posted by: SP33Demon

rolleye.gif

Supporting our war doesn't mean you have to join the military... In the same regards I could ask the same of people who oppose the war, why aren't you out there putting up flyers and protesting the war? Why are you posting on AT?

rolleye.gif

BTW, I work for the DoD, and my moronic roomate asked the same thing... It seems great minds think alike? lol... Maybe I could hook you two up for a date?

Hey I did exactly that this past weekend, so your point being?

Edit: BTW I work for Lockheed Martin, your point?

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif

The point is, you should still be protesting/doing the flyer thing if you *truly* believe in your cause... You should take leave from your job for the duration of the war to put up flyers and protest, so we can "see you on TV". Just like people who are strongly for the war should quit their jobs and join the military, so we can "see them on the battlefield".
rolleye.gif

lupy

Oct 1, 2002

rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif

The point is, you should still be protesting/doing the flyer thing if you *truly* believe in your cause... You should take leave from your job for the duration of the war to put up flyers and protest, so we can "see you on TV". Just like people who are strongly for the war should quit their jobs and join the military, so we can "see them on the battlefield".
rolleye.gif

Unlike being a soldier, which is a fulltime job and you get paid for it, protesting is not. I voiced my opinion this past weekend, I probably will do it again the next weekend too. Like I said, during weekdays, I have to work to make money.
Can you say the same about you? Why aren't you in the military?

Edit: You still didn't answer my question, why did you bring up that you work for DoD? What does that prove? I work for Lockheed Martin and I am opposed to this war, so what?

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif

Unlike being a soldier, which is a fulltime job and you get paid for it, protesting is not. I voiced my opinion this past weekend, I probably will do it again the next weekend too. Like I said, during weekdays, I have to work to make money.

My friend, I work on a military base... What I do supports the war, and you pay my salary. Soldiers rely on the services that I provide, so maybe that answers your question... Hint: look at the website in my profile, AND SUPPORT THE WARFIGHTER by informing yourself about the different divisions of the organization I support.

Now maybe you can answer my question: Why don't you quit your job or take extended leave and protest? Surely your boss will understand?

lupy

Oct 1, 2002

rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif

rolleye.gif

My friend, I work on a military base... What I do supports the war, and you pay my salary. Soldiers rely on the services that I provide, so maybe that answers your question... Hint: look at the website in my profile, AND SUPPORT THE WARFIGHTER by informing yourself about the different divisions of the organization I support.

Now maybe you can answer my question: Why don't you quit your job or take extended leave and protest? Surely your boss will understand?

I am not your friend, so don't call me that. Like I said soldiers get paid for their work, protesters don't. If you are willing to pay me, I'll protest all year long. Again you keep avoiding my question, what does you working at DoD prove anything? The fact that my tax dollars pay for your salary?
I want our troops brought back home safely and now, that's more patriotic than you can say about yourself!

ztadmin

Feb 11, 2002
At this point, your decision to protest should have nothing to do with whether or not you agree with the war against Iraq, and it should have nothing to do with what you think of Bush. We are at war, and that won't change as a result of protests. Many of our nation's men and boys are sacrificing their lives in Iraq at this very moment, and they need YOUR support for motivation. Don't stand there and say these soldiers are fighting for no reason, and that you don't support them. They have made the choice to enter the military because they want to defend YOUR freedom. How can you stand there and say you don't support them? The time for protesting ended when the first ground troops crossed the Iraq-Kuwait border several days ago.

Ornery

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: flavio
Ornery, looks like you believe the protestors were wrong about Vietnam too. I guess you must just like all wars?
By the time our elected leader comes to determine war is neccessary, I'd likely be behind it. I doubt I'd ever be in a position to want a war that our leaders didn't, though. My only bitch with Vietnam was the execution. Gawd!

lupy

Oct 1, 2002
My friend, I work on a military base... What I do supports the war, and you pay my salary. Soldiers rely on the services that I provide, so maybe that answers your question...

I looked at the place you supposedly work at, so what? Navair? They tried to hire me when I graduated, but I opted to go to Lockheed Martin, FYI, a company that produce the equipments that you maintain that's used to defend our country!

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
I am not your friend, so don't call me that. Like I said soldiers get paid for their work, protesters don't. If you are willing to pay me, I'll protest all year long. Again you keep avoiding my question, what does you working at DoD prove anything? The fact that my tax dollars pay for your salary?
I want our troops brought back home safely and now, that's more patriotic than you can say about yourself!

The fact that what I do is directly correlated to the bombs dropped in Bagdad validates my undivided support for this war, and my dedicated sacrifice to this great country. The fact that you pay my salary and other soldiers in this war means that you are a citizen of the United States of America, and if don't want to pay our salaries or support us, then maybe you should move to Canada or Mexico? After all, that would be making the ultimate sacrifice for what you believe in, just as I do, every day.

If you want our troops brought back home safely, then maybe you should show some respect to them by wearing a ribbon, and not making a fool of yourself on TV, or clogging a city's major traffic arteries in case we need to respond immediately to a terrorist attack (God forbid).

Maybe you should send a letter to one of my best friends (a Marine) in Iraq, whom I just spoke with yesterday, who said a scud landed 1/4 mile away from his camp. Maybe you could email his parents and show them your support, until then, I'm through talking with you. "The biggest fool is the one who argues with one"

lupy

Oct 1, 2002

The fact that what I do is directly correlated to the bombs dropped in Bagdad validates my undivided support for this war, and my dedicated sacrifice to this great country. The fact that you pay my salary and other soldiers in this war means that you are a citizen of the United States of America, and if don't want to pay our salaries or support us, then maybe you should move to Canada or Mexico? After all, that would be making the ultimate sacrifice for what you believe in, just as I do, every day.

If you want our troops brought back home safely, then maybe you should show some respect to them by wearing a ribbon, and not making a fool of yourself on TV, or clogging a city's major traffic arteries in case we need to respond immediately to a terrorist attack (God forbid).

Maybe you should send a letter to one of my best friends (a Marine) in Iraq, whom I just spoke with yesterday, who said a scud landed 1/4 mile away from his camp. Maybe you could email his parents and show them your support, until then, I'm through talking with you. "The biggest fool is the one who argues with one"

It validates you for nothing. You support the war by sending our troops to die and yet you are at the comfort of your room posting your usual tripe. College student eh? rgodfrey@wvu.edu I didn't know Navair hire interns!

FYI, my childhood friend is currently in Iraq and I want him back!

Your last sentence just showed what kind of a person you really are, maybe you are only good for insulting others? College boy!

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

It validates you for nothing. You support the war by sending our troops to die and yet you are at the comfort of your room posting your usual tripe. College student eh? rgodfrey@wvu.edu I didn't know Navair hire interns!

Your last sentence just showed what kind of a person you really are, maybe you are only good for insulting others? College boy!

FYI, I still use my old college email b/c they fwd all my email to my new address... nice try though. If you want, I can paypal you(from my navair email nonetheless) a quarter and you can call someone who cares. Your trite personal attacks validates your ignorance of what this country stands for, and why you are a protestor. Keep up the good work buddy.
rolleye.gif
While you're at it, nobody's organized a protest on a military base yet. Maybe you could be the first? That would *really* show us how much you "want our troops brought back home safely and now", right?

lupy

Oct 1, 2002

FYI, I still use my old college email b/c they fwd all my email to my new address... nice try though. If you want, I can paypal you(from my navair email nonetheless) a quarter and you can call someone who cares. Your trite personal attacks validates your ignorance of what this country stands for, and why you are a protestor. Keep up the good work buddy.
rolleye.gif
While you're at it, nobody's organized a protest on a military base yet. Maybe you could be the first? That would *really* show us how much you "want our troops brought back home safely and now", right?

Yep, a typical one indeed, nothing new. Do you feel dirty now that you are maintaining equipments I (the dirty protestor) might have been involved in building?

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
Take the War on Iraq IQ Test:
1. Q: What percentage of the world's population does the U.S. have?
A: 6%
2. Q: What percentage of the world's wealth does the U.S. have?
A: 50%
3. Q: Which country has the largest oil reserves?
A: Saudi Arabia
4. Q: Which country has the second largest oil reserves?
A: Iraq
5. Q: How much is spent on military budgets a year worldwide?
A: $900+ billion
6. Q: How much of this is spent by the U.S.?
A:50%
7. Q: What percent of US military spending would ensure the essentials of life to everyone in the world, according the the UN?
A: 10% (that's about $40 billion, the amount of funding initially requested to fund our retaliatory attack on Afghanistan).
8. Q: How many people have died in wars since World War II?
A: 86 million
9. Q: How long has Iraq had chemical and biological weapons?
A: Since the early 1980's.
10. Q: Did Iraq develop these chemical and biological weapons on their own?
A: No, the materials and technology were supplied by the US government, along with Britain and private corporations.
11. Q: Did the US government condemn the Iraqi use of gas warfare against Iran?
A: No
12. Q: How many people did Saddam Hussein kill using gas in the Kurdish town of Halabja in 1988?
A: 5,000
13. Q: How many western countries condemned this action at the time? A:0
14. Q: How many gallons of Agent Orange did America use in Vietnam? A: 17 million.
15. Q: Are there any proven links between Iraq and September 11th terrorist attack?
16. Q: What is the estimated number of civilian casualties in the Gulf War?
A: 35,000
17. Q: How many casualties did the Iraqi military inflict on the western forces during the Gulf War ?
A: 0
18. Q: How many retreating Iraqi soldiers were buried alive by U.S. tanks with ploughs mounted on the front?
A: 6,000
19. Q: How many tons of depleted uranium were left in Iraq and Kuwait after the Gulf War?
A: 40 tons
20. Q: What according to the UN was the increase in cancer rates in Iraq between 1991 and 1994?
A: 700%
21. Q: How much of Iraq's military capacity did America claim it had destroyed in 1991?
 A: 80%
22. Q: Is there any proof that Iraq plans to use its weapons for anything other than deterrence and self defense?
23. Q: Does Iraq present more of a threat to world peace now than 10 years ago?
24. Q: How many civilian deaths has the Pentagon predicted in the event of an attack on Iraq in 2002/3?
A: 10,000
25. Q: What percentage of these will be children?
A: Over 50%
26. Q: How many years has the U.S. engaged in air strikes on Iraq?
A: 11 years
27. Q: Was the U.S and the UK at war with Iraq between December 1998 and September 1999?
28. Q: How many pounds of explosives were dropped on Iraq between December 1998 and September 1999?
A: 20 million
29. Q: How many years ago was UN Resolution 661 introduced, imposing strict sanctions on Iraq's imports and exports?
A: 12 years
30. Q: What was the child death rate in Iraq in 1989 (per 1,000 births)? A: 38
31. Q: What was the estimated child death rate in Iraq in 1999 (per 1,000 births)?
A: 131 (that's an increase of 345%)
32. Q: How many Iraqis are estimated to have died by October 1999 as a result of UN sanctions?
A: 1.5 million
33. Q: How many Iraqi children are estimated to have died due to sanctions since 1997?
A: 750,000
34. Q: Did Saddam order the inspectors out of Iraq?
A:No
35. Q: How many inspections were there in November and December 1998?
A:300
36. Q: How many of these inspections had problems?
A:5
37. Q: Were the weapons inspectors allowed entry to the Ba'ath Party HQ?
A: Yes
38. Q: Who said that by December 1998, Iraq had in fact, been disarmed to a level unprecedented in modern history.
A: Scott Ritter, UNSCOM chief.
39. Q: In 1998 how much of Iraq's post 1991 capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction did the UN weapons inspectors claim to have discovered and dismantled?
A: 90%
40. Q: Is Iraq willing to allow the weapons inspectors back in?
A:Yes
41. Q: How many UN resolutions did Israel violate by 1992?
A: Over 65
42. Q: How many UN resolutions on Israel did America veto between 1972 and 1990?
A: 30+
43. Q: How much does the U.S. fund Israel a year?
A: $5 billion
44. Q: How many countries are known to have nuclear weapons?
A: 8
45. Q: How many nuclear warheads does Iraq have?
46. Q: How many nuclear warheads does US have?
A: over 10,000
47. Q: Which is the only country to use nuclear weapons?
A: the US
48. Q: How many nuclear warheads does Israel have?
A: over 400
49. Q: Has Israel ever allowed UN weapons inspections?
50. Q: What percentage of the Palestinian territories are controlled by Israeli settlements?
A: 42%
51. Q: Is Israel illegally occupying Palestinian land?
52. Q: Which country do you think poses the greatest threat to global peace: Iraq or the U.S.?
A: ?
53. Q: Who said, "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter"?
A: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: SickBeast
7. Q: What percent of US military spending would ensure the essentials of life to everyone in the world, according the the UN?
A: 10% (that's about $40 billion, the amount of funding initially requested to fund our retaliatory attack on Afghanistan).
A: No, the materials and technology were supplied by the US government, along with Britain and private corporations.
12. Q: How many people did Saddam Hussein kill using gas in the Kurdish town of Halabja in 1988?
14. Q: How many gallons of Agent Orange did America use in Vietnam? A: 17 million.
15. Q: Are there any proven links between Iraq and September 11th terrorist attack?
17. Q: How many casualties did the Iraqi military inflict on the western forces during the Gulf War ?
18. Q: How many retreating Iraqi soldiers were buried alive by U.S. tanks with ploughs mounted on the front?
19. Q: How many tons of depleted uranium were left in Iraq and Kuwait after the Gulf War?
20. Q: What according to the UN was the increase in cancer rates in Iraq between 1991 and 1994?
21. Q: How much of Iraq's military capacity did America claim it had destroyed in 1991?
22. Q: Is there any proof that Iraq plans to use its weapons for anything other than deterrence and self defense?
24. Q: How many civilian deaths has the Pentagon predicted in the event of an attack on Iraq in 2002/3?
27. Q: Was the U.S and the UK at war with Iraq between December 1998 and September 1999?
28. Q: How many pounds of explosives were dropped on Iraq between December 1998 and September 1999?
29. Q: How many years ago was UN Resolution 661 introduced, imposing strict sanctions on Iraq's imports and exports?
31. Q: What was the estimated child death rate in Iraq in 1999 (per 1,000 births)?
32. Q: How many Iraqis are estimated to have died by October 1999 as a result of UN sanctions?
33. Q: How many Iraqi children are estimated to have died due to sanctions since 1997?
38. Q: Who said that by December 1998, Iraq had in fact, been disarmed to a level unprecedented in modern history.
39. Q: In 1998 how much of Iraq's post 1991 capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction did the UN weapons inspectors claim to have discovered and dismantled?
42. Q: How many UN resolutions on Israel did America veto between 1972 and 1990?
50. Q: What percentage of the Palestinian territories are controlled by Israeli settlements?
52. Q: Which country do you think poses the greatest threat to global peace: Iraq or the U.S.?
53. Q: Who said, "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter"?

Repost of a kajillion repost. Inaccurate and loaded that!

Kk4JC

Mar 5, 2000
We need to save a bomb or two for them!
No one is making them stay in our great country!

Kk

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

Many of these are subjective propaganda and purely opinion, for example:

--------------------------------
-------------------------------
-------------------------------

Other notes:

Scott Ritter and Hans Blix are both fools IMO, SCUDS were launched at the US just days ago and they failed to find them. We now have Blix's blessing on the war, if you need proof, I'll send u a link to his latest interview.
------------------------------
Prove it with a link please
------------------------------
You forgot the Soviet Union, Pakistan, and India

Now the real question: How many times did Iraq violate UN Resolution 1441? Who is going to enforce these violations?

Next time, don't waste 1/3 of a page with incorrect antiwar propaganda. Just the FACTS please.

SickBeast

Lifer
Jul 21, 2000
Prove it with a link please.

here's the link

And the US IS the only country to use nuclear weapons...Hiroshima and Nagasaki...I'm surprised you're debating that.

Fencer128

Platinum Member
Jun 18, 2001

here's the link

And the US IS the only country to use nuclear weapons...Hiroshima and Nagasaki...I'm surprised you're debating that.

Dpends on your defintion of "use"

Deploy against humans (yes).

Test by detonation (no).

Andy

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001

here's the link

From the article: "Classified US Defence Dep-artment documents also seen by the Sunday Herald show that Britain sold Iraq the drug pralidoxine, an antidote to nerve gas, in March 1992, after the end of the Gulf war. Pralidoxine can be reverse engineered to create nerve gas."

Did they mean "Declassified documents from the Department of Defense"? How did the Sunday Herald get to view classified documents?? Are we just going to take their word for it? Sure, I saw classified info about Area51 too. Aliens really do exist...
rolleye.gif

I seriously question the legitimacy of this information...

Sarcasm aside, let's just say the US and UK DID sell these agents. That is beside the point: that Iraq was not allowed to possess these agents AFTER the Gulf War. It states these agents were sold to Iraq in 1988, so what? Reagan's administration wasn't squeaky clean, gee what a surprise. When you think about it, what administration is? We can go on and on... but you are diverting from the point by saying that we sold them these agents... They would have bought them from someone eventually, no? If a criminal wants a gun bad enough, he's going to go out and buy one, whether it be from a corrupt cop or a drug dealer.

And in response to your nuke statement... India and Pakistan detonated one just recently, you probably saw it on the news. As has Russia, and probably other countries like North Korea. That counts as "using" them, no? Your Q and A did not state they were "used to kill human beings". There are many countries that have the capability, it's only a matter of time before a madman like Saddam pushes a button to kill humans (see: Murphy's Law).

etech

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999

Q. How many huge opulent palaces has Saddam built in those years.

A. 12

Q. What are France, Germany and Russia's plan for Iraq instead of removing Saddam by force.

A. Continue the sanctions.