Discussion ***Official*** 2022 Stock Market Thread

Page 60 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Of course that is never the answer. Only failed states do this. Always. It is profoundly unconscionable that a so-called adult would think this is a good idea.

The time to take your medicine is not when you are sick but when you can stomach it...as in now.

We have had budget surpluses as recently as 2001. Instead now we are crack addicts, snorting trillions in new debt. Debt we never intend to fully repay because we've found out we don't have to.

Ps..Ironically I love Disco Stu.

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
I'm still waiting for Victoria Gold (VGCX) to do something. I need to cash out since I need the money. Got a few grand in there tied up. Stock is too low to cash in now though. *pokes with stick* do something!

Might be a while though... it was in double digits when I bought and it's at 7 now.

Reactions: FelixDeCat

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
I lost a few percent this year by sitting it cash and moving all in (a tad too soon) back in November.

But I still beat the S&P! :)

1672436256792.png

bookem dano

Oct 19, 1999
They deprecated the MM account about 2 years ago and didn't really tell people that they should have switched to the performance savings.

I've stopped using Capital One. I've had an account that eventually became their account. That account was a high yield that was deprecated mutliple times. Previously they let me virtually switch the account but this time they wouldn't. Each time they've deprecated the accounts, they are not proactive about it so you need to keep up on all their offerings to be able to keep a good rate. Once deprecated, any good interest rate goes towards a standard banking account rate.

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
Anyone else get a dividend increase from your mutual funds or other stocks at the start of the new year? It helps me somewhat, a few extra $thousand per year.

AdamK47

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Shocker: GameStop had a big earnings miss. Estimate was $1.35 billion. Actual revenue is $1.19 billion.

Does that matter when fundamentals haven't been a thing for the company for the past couple years?

One thing that makes me happy to see is their NFT shill is not going well. Layoffs for those involved in implementation. Not sad.
And it's gone. What a surprise.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
Anyone else get a dividend increase from your mutual funds or other stocks at the start of the new year? It helps me somewhat, a few extra $thousand per year.
Mine are set to auto invest in the funds, as I don't need extra cash atm, but if I did it would be a place to start :)

dullard

Elite Member
May 21, 2001
Unless you need the extra cash now, dividends are awful. They reduce the value of the investments AND make you pay taxes now.

Reactions: biostud